• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump: Gimme back those documents the FBI planted!

middleview

President
Supporting Member

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I started reading and was into it, until I read this...

"It is entirely possible that when moving from one place to another, things could have gotten swept up in the move, .."

It's like an everyday person claiming that they forgot a box at the old place?

LMFAO!!!
Or that he might have had top secret documents in his filing cabinet....

@protectionist admitted that he lets Newsmax tell him what to think....What else can I say?

Jack4freedom

Governor
What we don't know is what prompted the FBI to request the warrant. Maybe we should have a look at the affidavit, right?

Hmmm, why is the DOJ so afraid of letting us do that? Can you say "inadequate predicate?"
Generally the affidavit for a search warrant is not released until someone has been arrested and arraigned. In this case the DOJ has filed a document that asserts there is an ongoing investigation that would be compromised by releasing the contents of that affidavit at this point and revealing the identities of witnesses whose testimony has supported the search warrant.

Usually this information is revealed to defendants at the discovery phase of a pre trial setting. There will be a hearing on Thursday regarding the release of this document. The DOJs position is that releasing this document at this time will seriously compromise an on going investigation or investigations. Trump’s defense position is that he would like to find out who inside his circle has provided information to the DOJ and or FBI. The request to release the affidavit is fairly common as is the DOJs position regarding protecting their investigation.

As one who has dealt with issues like this dozens of times as an investigator for defense attorneys, I can tell you that it’s not easy to force federal or state law enforcement agencies to reveal their sources and the identities of their witnesses or informants until at least discovery. Even then, these documents are more often than not heavily redacted.

If they do decide to voluntarily release this information to the public it’s usually bad news for the defendant. If I were Trump, I would be very careful what I wished for. That said, acting like the DOJ is being unfair or treating Trump differently than they would treat any other subject of a search warrant is pure bullshit. So far this routine search warrant has been executed nicely and everything since has been pretty normal.

Jack4freedom

Governor

EatTheRich

President
Why ? You actually don't know about these things ? They are commony well known. Oh that's right - you guys are within the grip of leftist OMISSION media, whch is why you never know anything - Ex. the "Covid mortality rate was REDUCED from over 17,000/week in April. to about 2000/week in June" s from CDC weeku reports, whic i posted every week in 2020.

And you dont know that Trump signed the bill to give $250 Million/yr to black colleges ? (which they couldn't get Obama to do) And you really dont know about the MISSION Act for veterans (I got surgery from it myself) - You guys are hopeless.
Didn’t Trump say success would mean no more Covid cases by Easter though?

MaryAnne

Governor
Is a mishmash of words. Tell me clearly what you're saying, and I will address it. I dont speak liberal blather. And I wasn't insulting. I simply asked 2 questions.
Maybe I could explain. Trump said all those words at various times explaining how the mean,old Justice Department came in and took back top secret documents Trump should have never stolen In the first place.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Gym Jordan? Old sexual child abuse cover up for 7 years? That Gym Jordan?
So why hasn't Garland indicted him or Joe

like Joe Biden on video molesting little girls
and YOU voted for Joe!

Hypocrite often

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Fighting tooth and nail….Lol….More bullshit…They are doing what they do anytime a subject of an investigation starts demanding information immediately after a search warrant has been served…Happens every day….
I guess ABC didn't get the "bullshit" memo. You know what's really "bullshit" Jack? The idea that not releasing the affidavit "protects the 'integrity' of the investigation." Sounds to me like they have a pretty weak predicate...

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Generally the affidavit for a search warrant is not released until someone has been arrested and arraigned. In this case the DOJ has filed a document that asserts there is an ongoing investigation that would be compromised by releasing the contents of that affidavit at this point and revealing the identities of witnesses whose testimony has supported the search warrant.

Usually this information is revealed to defendants at the discovery phase of a pre trial setting. There will be a hearing on Thursday regarding the release of this document. The DOJs position is that releasing this document at this time will seriously compromise an on going investigation or investigations. Trump’s defense position is that he would like to find out who inside his circle has provided information to the DOJ and or FBI. The request to release the affidavit is fairly common as is the DOJs position regarding protecting their investigation.

As one who has dealt with issues like this dozens of times as an investigator for defense attorneys, I can tell you that it’s not easy to force federal or state law enforcement agencies to reveal their sources and the identities of their witnesses or informants until at least discovery. Even then, these documents are more often than not heavily redacted.

If they do decide to voluntarily release this information to the public it’s usually bad news for the defendant. If I were Trump, I would be very careful what I wished for. That said, acting like the DOJ is being unfair or treating Trump differently than they would treat any other subject of a search warrant is pure bullshit. So far this routine search warrant has been executed nicely and everything since has been pretty normal.
Oh I harbor no doubts the DOJ will get its way on this Jack - it's going in front of the same "magistrate" who approved it. You know - this guy:

1660671922098.png

You think HE wants it released? He rubber stamped a fishing expedition so I think we all know how he's going to rule.

LOL! "[E]verything since has been pretty normal?" How many reference points do you have for search warrants served to ex-Presidents of the United States?

Jack4freedom

Governor
I guess ABC didn't get the "bullshit" memo. You know what's really "bullshit" Jack? The idea that not releasing the affidavit "protects the 'integrity' of the investigation." Sounds to me like they have a pretty weak predicate...
Well Raoul, every time one of the defense attorney’s I worked with started demanding to see the affidavit before an arrest was even made, they were basically told to fvck off by the feds or the stateys. However they did charge the idiot client a couple grand to write the losing request. Protecting the integrity of an ongoing investigation or as in this case, investigations is almost always what law enforcement claims in these type of issues. In this case, the same people who gave testimonial evidence to get the search warrant may be set to testify before one or more of the grand juries that have been convened regarding the coup attempt by Trump and his imbecile “legal” team. This is only the beginning of the ride aTrump signed up for. Soon the great people of America may be treated to a live feed of Trump getting dragged off a golf course in cuffs. Let the games begin…

Jack4freedom

Governor
Oh I harbor no doubts the DOJ will get its way on this Jack - it's going in front of the same "magistrate" who approved it. You know - this guy:

View attachment 71975

You think HE wants it released? He rubber stamped a fishing expedition so I think we all know how he's going to rule.

LOL! "[E]verything since has been pretty normal?" How many reference points do you have for search warrants served to ex-Presidents of the United States?
A search warrant is a search warrant and a smug rich crook is a smug rich crook..They are a dime a dozen and the Feds search and arrest them all the time. The fact that enough morons voted this one into high office 6 years ago doesn’t mean Jack shit. In the eyes of the law, Trump is just another smart ass prick who thinks he can get away with anything. Also the fact that the judge likes to eat Oreos and wash them down with Early Times in his spare time also doesn’t mean squat. You guys are grasping at straws while at the same time pissing up a rope. Your desperate arguments and comments are pretty damn funny Raoul. But only Hannitized imbeciles will buy that crap. Anyone who actually know how the law works can see that Trump has got both of those flabby pink tits in a ringer….

Bugsy McGurk

President
Well Raoul, every time one of the defense attorney’s I worked with started demanding to see the affidavit before an arrest was even made, they were basically told to fvck off by the feds or the stateys. However they did charge the idiot client a couple grand to write the losing request. Protecting the integrity of an ongoing investigation or as in this case, investigations is almost always what law enforcement claims in these type of issues. In this case, the same people who gave testimonial evidence to get the search warrant may be set to testify before one or more of the grand juries that have been convened regarding the coup attempt by Trump and his imbecile “legal” team. This is only the beginning of the ride aTrump signed up for. Soon the great people of America may be treated to a live feed of Trump getting dragged off a golf course in cuffs. Let the games begin…
Trump and his lawyers know the DOJ can’t release the affidavit. They demand it just so they can dishonestly claim that the DOJ has “something to hide.”

MaryAnne

Governor
So why hasn't Garland indicted him or Joe

like Joe Biden on video molesting little girls
and YOU voted for Joe!

Hypocrite often
Nice to see you have not changed a bit, Dawg! Of course I learned in my younger days it is hard to teach an old Dawg new tricks!

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
A search warrant is a search warrant and a smug rich crook is a smug rich crook..They are a dime a dozen and the Feds search and arrest them all the time. The fact that enough morons voted this one into high office 6 years ago doesn’t mean Jack shit. In the eyes of the law, Trump is just another smart ass prick who thinks he can get away with anything. Also the fact that the judge likes to eat Oreos and wash them down with Early Times in his spare time also doesn’t mean squat. You guys are grasping at straws while at the same time pissing up a rope. Your desperate arguments and comments are pretty damn funny Raoul. But only Hannitized imbeciles will buy that crap. Anyone who actually know how the law works can see that Trump has got both of those flabby pink tits in a ringer….
Remember the old saying
'Let sleeping dogs lay'

Grassley wants answers on Clinton ‘kid gloves’ treatment after FBI Trump raid (msn.com)

unless ya want to get bite

Jack4freedom

Governor