• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response

FakeName

Governor
Above is FAKE

Try to pay attention.

This is what was cut :

"

For the United States, the answers are especially worrying because the government has intentionally rendered itself incapable. In 2018, the Trump administration fired the government’s entire pandemic response chain of command, including the White House management infrastructure. In numerous phone calls and emails with key agencies across the U.S. government, the only consistent response I encountered was distressed confusion. If the United States still has a clear chain of command for pandemic response, the White House urgently needs to clarify what it is—not just for the public but for the government itself, which largely finds itself in the dark.

If the United States still has a clear chain of command for pandemic response, the White House urgently needs to clarify what it is
When Ebola broke out in West Africa in 2014, President Barack Obama recognized that responding to the outbreak overseas, while also protecting Americans at home, involved multiple U.S. government departments and agencies, none of which were speaking to one another. Basically, the U.S. pandemic infrastructure was an enormous orchestra full of talented, egotistical players, each jockeying for solos and fame, refusing to rehearse, and demanding higher salaries—all without a conductor. To bring order and harmony to the chaos, rein in the agency egos, and create a coherent multiagency response overseas and on the homefront, Obama anointed a former vice presidential staffer, Ronald Klain, as a sort of “epidemic czar” inside the White House, clearly stipulated the roles and budgets of various agencies, and placed incident commanders in charge in each Ebola-hit country and inside the United States. The orchestra may have still had its off-key instruments, but it played the same tune.

Building on the Ebola experience, the Obama administration set up a permanent epidemic monitoring and command group inside the White House National Security Council (NSC) and another in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)—both of which followed the scientific and public health leads of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the diplomatic advice of the State Department.

On the domestic front, the real business of assuring public health and safety is a local matter, executed by state, county, and city departments that operate under a mosaic of laws and regulations that vary jurisdiction by jurisdiction. Some massive cities, such as New York City or Boston, have large budgets, clear regulations, and epidemic experiences that have left deep benches of medical and public health talent. But much of the United States is less fortunate on the local level, struggling with underfunded agencies, understaffing, and no genuine epidemic experience. Large and small, America’s localities rely in times of public health crisis on the federal government.

Bureaucracy matters. Without it, there’s nothing to coherently manage an alphabet soup of agencies housed in departments ranging from Defense to Commerce, Homeland Security to Health and Human Services (HHS).

But that’s all gone now.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Try to pay attention.

This is what was cut :

"

For the United States, the answers are especially worrying because the government has intentionally rendered itself incapable. In 2018, the Trump administration fired the government’s entire pandemic response chain of command, including the White House management infrastructure. In numerous phone calls and emails with key agencies across the U.S. government, the only consistent response I encountered was distressed confusion. If the United States still has a clear chain of command for pandemic response, the White House urgently needs to clarify what it is—not just for the public but for the government itself, which largely finds itself in the dark.

When Ebola broke out in West Africa in 2014, President Barack Obama recognized that responding to the outbreak overseas, while also protecting Americans at home, involved multiple U.S. government departments and agencies, none of which were speaking to one another. Basically, the U.S. pandemic infrastructure was an enormous orchestra full of talented, egotistical players, each jockeying for solos and fame, refusing to rehearse, and demanding higher salaries—all without a conductor. To bring order and harmony to the chaos, rein in the agency egos, and create a coherent multiagency response overseas and on the homefront, Obama anointed a former vice presidential staffer, Ronald Klain, as a sort of “epidemic czar” inside the White House, clearly stipulated the roles and budgets of various agencies, and placed incident commanders in charge in each Ebola-hit country and inside the United States. The orchestra may have still had its off-key instruments, but it played the same tune.

Building on the Ebola experience, the Obama administration set up a permanent epidemic monitoring and command group inside the White House National Security Council (NSC) and another in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)—both of which followed the scientific and public health leads of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the diplomatic advice of the State Department.

On the domestic front, the real business of assuring public health and safety is a local matter, executed by state, county, and city departments that operate under a mosaic of laws and regulations that vary jurisdiction by jurisdiction. Some massive cities, such as New York City or Boston, have large budgets, clear regulations, and epidemic experiences that have left deep benches of medical and public health talent. But much of the United States is less fortunate on the local level, struggling with underfunded agencies, understaffing, and no genuine epidemic experience. Large and small, America’s localities rely in times of public health crisis on the federal government.

Bureaucracy matters. Without it, there’s nothing to coherently manage an alphabet soup of agencies housed in departments ranging from Defense to Commerce, Homeland Security to Health and Human Services (HHS).

But that’s all gone now.
Why are you spamming as libs like to post to R's?

kaz

Small l libertarian
Try to pay attention.

This is what was cut :

"

But that’s all gone now.
And how was the increased money that funded the CDC spent? So just to be clear, no government agency under your view is allowed to ever be revamped. That's your standard. You don't care if they were doing it differently even if they are spending more money, they can't change, ever. That's your standard.

That's just stupid

FakeName

Governor
And how was the increased money that funded the CDC spent? So just to be clear, no government agency under your view is allowed to ever be revamped. That's your standard. You don't care if they were doing it differently even if they are spending more money, they can't change, ever. That's your standard.

That's just stupid
You lie about what I said and then say "that is stupid".

Text book straw man.

Get back to me if you ever have a point.

kaz

Small l libertarian
You lie about what I said and then say "that is stupid".

Text book straw man.

Get back to me if you ever have a point.
You said the CNC budget was cut. That was a total lie. And yes, that is stupid. Lying that the CDC budget was cut then bashing Trump for something that didn't happen

FakeName

Governor
You said the CNC budget was cut. That was a total lie. And yes, that is stupid. Lying that the CDC budget was cut then bashing Trump for something that didn't happen
I provided you with quote detailing EXACTLY what was cut. Those are facts.

If you want to respond start by being accurate about the point I made.

kaz

Small l libertarian

You lied again. The CDC was not cut. And reorganizing isn't cutting.

FakeNews says: You see, kaz, if you redesign a process, even if you spend MORE money on it, you cut the old process! Of course that's only if it's a Republican. Don't you get that?

Um ... no. It's BS

FakeName

Governor
You lied again. The CDC was not cut. And reorganizing isn't cutting.

FakeNews says: You see, kaz, if you redesign a process, even if you spend MORE money on it, you cut the old process! Of course that's only if it's a Republican. Don't you get that?

Um ... no. It's BS
Not what I said. Another Straw man lie on your part.

kaz

Small l libertarian
Not what I said. Another Straw man lie on your part.

It's hilarious how you said I lied about what you said then repeated what I said.

Changing a process is not a cut. The CDC had MORE money. They changed processes and did MORE things. Changing processes is not a "cut," you are just lying

FakeName

Governor
It's hilarious how you said I lied about what you said then repeated what I said.

Changing a process is not a cut. The CDC had MORE money. They changed processes and did MORE things. Changing processes is not a "cut," you are just lying

Try reading it and then dealing with the facts.

Straw man fallacies are not valid arguments.

kaz

Small l libertarian

Try reading it and then dealing with the facts.

Straw man fallacies are not valid arguments.
RIght, and none of your made up shit backed up your lies. The CDC budget went up, not down. You were lying

You said that the CDC budget was cut, which was a lie. You can't cite facts to support lies
What the CDC said
Finding the truth seemed as simple as asking CDC officials about their budget. So we reached out to them. Bernadette Burden, a senior press officer for the CDC, responded Wednesday.

She said the CDC’s budget proposal for fiscal year 2019, which starts in July, is $5.66 billion. That’s a decrease of approximately $1.4 billion – or 20 percent – compared to the spending level, Burden said in an email.

A breakdown of spending in the current fiscal year is available on the CDC website. The CDC provided a fact sheet of Trump’s budget, which outlines where he aims to cut.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Try to pay attention.

This is what was cut :

"

But that’s all gone now.

You lied. Case is closed.

CDC Budget

Budget ActivityFY 2019 FinalFY 2020 Final
Total in Billions$55,760$59,950