• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump: I didn’t watch the J6 riot on TV

Bugsy McGurk

President
Could well be the most ridiculous lie Trump ever told, no?

“I didn’t usually have the television on. I’d have it on if there was something. I then later turned it on and I saw what was happening,” Trump told New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman for her forthcoming account Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking of America.

“I had heard that afterward and actually on the late side. I was having meetings. I was also with [then-chief of staff] Mark Meadows and others. I was not watching television.”

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Could well be the most ridiculous lie Trump ever told, no?

“I didn’t usually have the television on. I’d have it on if there was something. I then later turned it on and I saw what was happening,” Trump told New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman for her forthcoming account Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking of America.

“I had heard that afterward and actually on the late side. I was having meetings. I was also with [then-chief of staff] Mark Meadows and others. I was not watching television.”

Wow....how many of Trump's White House staff have to testify?

Bugsy McGurk

President
Wow....how many of Trump's White House staff have to testify?
Trump always pulls some variant of the same lying strategy - his people swear under oath to the actual events, like Trump watching TV for 3 hours in the Oval Office dining room during his terrorists’ violent seige of the Capitol - and Trump avoids testifying under oath and lies his fat ass off to journalists.

And if he is ordered to testify, like in that NY case recently, he just pleads the 5th hundreds of times.