• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump is destroying our DOJ

Zam-Zam

Senator
Trump orders AG Barr to do his personal bidding, trashes DOJ prosecutors and wants his followers to believe that he alone is the one to determine what's fair or lawless.

Trump orders AG Barr to go after his enemies.
So, does that make AG Barr the President's "wingman":

Attorney General Eric Holder brushed off a question Thursday about when he might leave the administration. Instead, the top lawman professed his allegiance to President Barack Obama.

"I’m still enjoying what I’m doing, there’s still work to be done. I’m still the President’s wing-man, so I’m there with my boy. So we’ll see," Holder said in an interview on the Tom Joyner radio show.

Is that bad? Or only selectively bad?

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
It makes an interesting/valid point... you know in how justice is supposed to be served in a fair way... absent of any politics.

"Can't recall a worse day for DOJ and line prosecutors," he told Insider. "A robbery in broad daylight in the middle of Chicago is more subtle than Barr's obsession to shield Trump and his co-conspirators."

Oh Lordy. How Naive

So, does that make AG Barr the President's "wingman":

Attorney General Eric Holder brushed off a question Thursday about when he might leave the administration. Instead, the top lawman professed his allegiance to President Barack Obama.

"I’m still enjoying what I’m doing, there’s still work to be done. I’m still the President’s wing-man, so I’m there with my boy. So we’ll see," Holder said in an interview on the Tom Joyner radio show.

Is that bad? Or only selectively bad?
Barr's actions are bad.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Oh Lordy. How Naive
Not as naïve as you defending Barr... aka Cover Up General Barr.

Back in 1992, the last time Bill Barr was U.S. attorney general, iconic New York Times writer William Safire referred to him as “Coverup-General Barr” because of his role in burying evidence of then-President George H.W. Bush’s involvement in “Iraqgate” and “Iron-Contra.”

But Trump praised Barr on Twitter, doing little to clear doubts over the possibility of political intervention in the case of the man who had convinced him to run for president.

"Congratulations to Attorney General Bill Barr for taking charge of a case that was totally out of control and perhaps should not have even been brought," Trump tweeted Wednesday. "Evidence now clearly shows that the Mueller Scam was improperly brought & tainted. Even Bob Mueller lied to Congress!" Trump added, falsely.

Trump also revived some of his favorite anti-Muller attacks, falsely claiming that the investigation was "illegal" and run by "13 angry Democrats." Trump baselessly alleged "prosecutorial misconduct" and fired misleading attacks at Judge Amy Berman Jackson, who is overseeing the Stone case and several others.

Trump orders AG Barr to do his personal bidding, trashes DOJ prosecutors and wants his followers to believe that he alone is the one to determine what's fair or lawless.

Trump orders AG Barr to go after his enemies.
Why Julie, you are absolutely right. Trump has instructed Barr to return the DOJ to the department the founders intended for it to be, and get rid of the weaponized office the Democrats illegally made it.
It's encouraging that you recognize the necessary destruction of pure evil.

Enemies? What enemies? Didn't you say those Democrat witch hunts were patriotic and honorable and necessary to stop Trump? Which is it, Sweetie?

Oh please. Virtually everything Obama does is politically motivated. Everybody knows that.
That is your system and those are the behaviors rewarded within our system. This is why all anyone can ever argue is who is less evil, which is what you're doing here. This is also why swapping out personalities is moot.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
His actions have demoralized people within the CIA, State Department, DoD and the DOJ.

His dishonesty, lack of tact, megalomania, arrogance and fragile ego are hardly qualities I want in a president...
Trump is turning the DOJ from the law office for Americans into his own personal attorney...to punish his foes and let his cronies off the hook.
This abuse of power was predicted in the House impeachment hearings. Trump took it on steroids. Senate Republicans are obviously pleased to have Trump as dictator.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Helpful insghts.

A separate class of cases, federal this time, that Justice sought not to prosecute involved another group of drug users – non-violent, low-level offenders who would receive what Holder (2013) called “draconian” punishment under extant mandatory minimum sentencing laws. “Too many Americans go to too many prisons for far too long, and for no truly good law enforcement reason,” the Attorney General said, and the president has “made it part of his mission to reduce the disparities in our criminal justice system.” One way to do this, given limited resources, was to charge the drug users in the category above with different crimes that would lead to sentences “better suited to their individual conduct” rather than the mandatory minimums set in statute.
No comparison....at all.
And you know it.