• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump is destroying our DOJ

Obviously impeachment and his acquittal didn't work... voting him out should be the answer.
When you say, demand... could you define that action more clearly?
Oh sure, we can vote to swap out personalities. And then vote for who? You're aware that the system itself runs upon corruption, no? Or you see Don as some kind of outlier? As I recall, his opponent last go round was corrupt as well and the DNC stated in court it has no legal responsibility to honor the wishes of primary voters in the general.

Demand? The opposite of cooperating with and participation in the very thing we're hoping will magically self-correct if we just wait long enough and pray.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Oh sure, we can vote to swap out personalities. And then vote for who? You're aware that the system itself runs upon corruption, no? Or you see Don as some kind of outlier? As I recall, his opponent last go round was corrupt as well and the DNC stated in court it has no legal responsibility to honor the wishes of primary voters in the general.

Demand? The opposite of cooperating with and participation in the very thing we're hoping will magically self-correct if we just wait long enough and pray.
Our system might not be perfect... but I will take it over any day over any other.
The current flaws won't self correct... that's a given.
That's why we keep trying to do better... stay tuned. :)

Our system might not be perfect... but I will take it over any day over any other.
The current flaws won't self correct... that's a given.
That's why we keep trying to do better... stay tuned. :)

Oh we're all waiting for something better aren't we? What other systems/societies have lived and worked in for any period of time?

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Oh we're all waiting for something better aren't we? What other systems/societies have lived and worked in for any period of time?
Common sense tells us... the system we favor(democracy) fails when those in charge of the system weaken it by changing/manipulating/undermining the standards/laws they swore an oath to protect.

Last edited:

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Great read....
The ConversationFebruary 14, 2020, 7:44 AM CST
snip -----
Congress has several other mechanisms for exercising oversight. It can defund, redirect, or even eliminate federal agencies and refuse to confirm presidential appointments. But it remains to be seen whether it will continue to pursue vigorous oversight. The impending election could distract or deter Democrats, who want to refocus their line of attack on Trump by disputing his record on the economy. Meanwhile Republicans, who fear electoral repercussions if they alienate the president’s base, are unlikely to seek more oversight.

Without oversight, people are left in the dark about what their government is doing. And a misled or uninformed public weakens the only other mechanism available to hold the executive branch accountable: elections.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Great read....
The ConversationFebruary 14, 2020, 7:44 AM CST
snip -----
Congress has several other mechanisms for exercising oversight. It can defund, redirect, or even eliminate federal agencies and refuse to confirm presidential appointments. But it remains to be seen whether it will continue to pursue vigorous oversight. The impending election could distract or deter Democrats, who want to refocus their line of attack on Trump by disputing his record on the economy. Meanwhile Republicans, who fear electoral repercussions if they alienate the president’s base, are unlikely to seek more oversight.

Without oversight, people are left in the dark about what their government is doing. And a misled or uninformed public weakens the only other mechanism available to hold the executive branch accountable: elections.

I wonder if there's anything Trump could do that would prompt Republicans to do their jobs and finally hold him in check?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Only if he did something that directly threatened their power. Nothing else matters.
A Senate bill has passed twice that would prohibit Trump from invading Iran, but it's not veto-proof. From your perspective, Trump could invade Iran and Republicans would roll over....because it wouldn't threaten their power....personally.

BobbyT

Governor
A Senate bill has passed twice that would prohibit Trump from invading Iran, but it's not veto-proof. From your perspective, Trump could invade Iran and Republicans would roll over....because it wouldn't threaten their power....personally.
Correct. Not only would they roll over, they would actively support it - once it was a done deal. And those who voiced mild opposition prior to it being a done deal would be the most vociferous in their support afterwords.

Common sense tells us... the system we favor(democracy) fails when those in charge of the system weaken it by changing/manipulating/undermining the standards/laws they swore an oath to protect.

Common sense does not seem to have any influence at the moment on this system you favor, which we've been conditioned to refer to as democracy. I suppose you can hope, wait, believe in, and plead with your aristocracy to behave otherwise. But I must ask you, what does your common sense tell you about a militarist empire with occupational forces in 70% of the nations on the planet as it supports 73% of the world's dictators while 20% of its children live in abject poverty? The only advanced post-industrial nation on the planet without universal healthcare in which we pay twice as much for shittier outcomes and 10 times what Canadians pay for US pharma corporation meds?

Common sense in America tells me nothing, nothing at all.

Perhaps the american people should stop rolling over as we have all along while the US built a global occupational militarist empire with forces in 70% of the nations on the planet which supports 73% of the world's dictatorships.

Or I suppose we can go on pleading with our aristocracy to actually represent the people, should we ask yet again?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Perhaps the american people should stop rolling over as we have all along while the US built a global occupational militarist empire with forces in 70% of the nations on the planet which supports 73% of the world's dictatorships.

Or I suppose we can go on pleading with our aristocracy to actually represent the people, should we ask yet again?
I see you'd ratheer continue complaining.....instead of doing.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Correct. Not only would they roll over, they would actively support it - once it was a done deal. And those who voiced mild opposition prior to it being a done deal would be the most vociferous in their support afterwords.
They're as bad as the cult base. My daily emails to Sen Portman begin with "Damn you, Sen Portman...….and then I point out which unlawful behavior of the day Trump has committed.