• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump signs new deal with Saudis and Oman

write on

Senator
Perhaps the confusion here is you think this is a thread examining whether Trump’s conflicts of interest are a crime? Not so. Or perhaps the confusion here is you think this is a thread examining conflicts of interest as to businessmen who have not been president and are not running for president? Again, not so.

To repeat, one thread question is whether you’re concerned that a president or presidential candidate with business interests abroad may act to enhance his business interests even if they conflict with the national interests. Or are you concerned with whether other nations may consider a president/presidential candidate beholden to them when they are business partners.

Any opinions on those thread questions?
Damn! Don't you know that it's all about the House taking up investigations into Hunter Biden's laptop instead of working on legislation to 'fix the government' that they campaigned on?!

WTH is the matter with you? :p

Bugsy McGurk

President
Damn! Don't you know that it's all about the House taking up investigations into Hunter Biden's laptop instead of working on legislation to 'fix the government' that they campaigned on?!

WTH is the matter with you? :p
Imagine if they ran honest ads, like…

“Vote GOP! We have no interest in governing! No interest in America’s problems! But we’re going to investigate the hell out of Hunter’s laptop! Maybe Hillary’s emails too! The golden oldies!”

;-)

write on

Senator
Imagine if they ran honest ads, like…

“Vote GOP! We have no interest in governing! No interest in America’s problems! But we’re going to investigate the hell out of Hunter’s laptop! Maybe Hillary’s emails too! The golden oldies!”

;-)
They know it. It's their hatred of Democrats/liberals that Trump common sense.

write on

Senator
This one is for $4 billion. It’s on top of the $2 billion the Saudis are already giving to Jared Kushner to invest.

What conflicts of interest, right?

It's what it is. What to do?

Think LIV Golf..

We're on a slow backdoor burn.

Wait and see.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
The issues are laid out in the above post asking you your opinions on them. You say you have no opinions. So be it. I have made my opinions clear.
My opinion is you have offered no basis for your contention of conflict of interest. There is no prohibition in law for an ex-president or a business person presidential candidate to conduct business in SA or Oman. Further, SA is one of our biggest arms customers, to whom the US government sells without issue.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Well, we could if they had any basis in reality. China and Ukraine are not the Bidens’ business partners. Numerous odious nations are the Trumps’ business partners.

But it is nice to see you agree that the Trumps’ business dealings with those countries are obvious conflicts of interest.
And the hypocrisy jumps right off the page.

Bugsy McGurk

President
My opinion is you have offered no basis for your contention of conflict of interest. There is no prohibition in law for an ex-president or a business person presidential candidate to conduct business in SA or Oman. Further, SA is one of our biggest arms customers, to whom the US government sells without issue.
You’re back to pretending the thread issue is whether Trump’s conflicts of interest are criminal, and pretending that the issue involves an ordinary businessman.

I took pains to reiterate that those are NOT the issues I raised, and I posed the specific questions that ARE the issues (post no. 65, for example). You refuse to answer them. Which is telling.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
You’re back to pretending the thread issue is whether Trump’s conflicts of interest are criminal, and pretending that the issue involves an ordinary businessman.

I took pains to reiterate that those are NOT the issues I raised, and I posed the specific questions that ARE the issues (post no. 65, for example). You refuse to answer them. Which is telling.
Nope. That is false. I am simply trying to move this from your nebulous conceptualization to one that can be discussed. It seems you simply wish to carp without establishing a basis. Which is telling, and typical