• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump signs new deal with Saudis and Oman

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Is it your view that the conflicts of interest of a president/presidential candidate are of no concern if an argument can be made that they are not unlawful?
if that were my view i would have said so.

i keep asking for your perceived conflict, as i find nothing on line as to the illegality, conflict, or other...

?

Bugsy McGurk

President
if that were my view i would have said so.

i keep asking for your perceived conflict, as i find nothing on line as to the illegality, conflict, or other...

?
We agree then. Conflicts of interest should be condemned regardless of any argument that they are not unlawful.

write on

Senator
This one is for $4 billion. It’s on top of the $2 billion the Saudis are already giving to Jared Kushner to invest.

What conflicts of interest, right?

I'm still trying to figure out what SA has on us.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I detailed them at length above. See posts 1, 11 and 12.

You ignored them.
Nah. Remuneration for the construction outlined

You still haven't addressed what prohibits a businessman from doing business with a country that is our leading customer for military arms

Bugsy McGurk

President
Nah. Remuneration for the construction outlined

You still haven't addressed what prohibits a businessman from doing business with a country that is our leading customer for military arms
And now you’re back to that, ignoring the fact that the corrupt business dealings in question involve a president/presidential candidate and his crime family. You simply refuse to confront the issues, choosing to run around in circles instead.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
And now you’re back to that, ignoring the fact that the corrupt business dealings in question involve a president/presidential candidate and his crime family. You simply refuse to confront the issues, choosing to run around in circles instead.
Which deal was corrupt? You simply refuse to say...

Just declaring it does not make it so.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Which deal was corrupt? You simply refuse to say...

Just declaring it does not make it so.
They’re corrupt by definition if tainted by conflicts of interest, which they are. But such conduct seems fine by you. Some people are offended by such blatant conflicts of interest, and some people, like Trump, aren’t.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
They’re corrupt by definition if tainted by conflicts of interest, which they are. But such conduct seems fine by you. Some people are offended by such blatant conflicts of interest, and some people, like Trump, aren’t.
No. I've expressed no such thing. What definition?

Number_58

I'm one of the deplorables lefty warns you about.
No. I've expressed no such thing. What definition?
You know...the conflict of interest from the former president...the one that has no illegality...but it's a conflict of interest because he's a former president. Don't you agree? It's a conflict of interest because they are a crime family that haven't been convicted of a crime...and this is a conflict of interest because he's a former president and you just can't understand it because I won't offer any evidence that he's guilty of a conflict of interest because I say it's a conflict of interest...rinse and repeat.

Bugsy McGurk

President
You know...the conflict of interest from the former president...the one that has no illegality...but it's a conflict of interest because he's a former president. Don't you agree? It's a conflict of interest because they are a crime family that haven't been convicted of a crime...and this is a conflict of interest because he's a former president and you just can't understand it because I won't offer any evidence that he's guilty of a conflict of interest because I say it's a conflict of interest...rinse and repeat.
You don’t think any of Trump’s business dealings in foreign countries have created any conflicts of interest?

Dodge away…

Number_58

You don’t think any of Trump’s business dealings in foreign countries have created any conflicts of interest?

Dodge away…
I don't care what a private citizen does. I didn't care what Obama did when he left office, I won't care what Pelosi does when she leaves office, don't care about either of the Clintons, Harry Reid, Paul Ryan, etc.

If it's not illegal, I don't care.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I don't care what a private citizen does. I didn't care what Obama did when he left office, I won't care what Pelosi does when she leaves office, don't care about either of the Clintons, Harry Reid, Paul Ryan, etc.

If it's not illegal, I don't care.
Of course you don’t care. The concept of conflicts of interest only makes sense to people with ethics and good morals. You’re so awful you even pretend that a president/presidential candidate is just a “private citizen” when cutting his business deals with foreign countries.

Deplorable!

Number_58

Of course you don’t care. The concept of conflicts of interest only makes sense to people with ethics and good morals. You’re so awful you even pretend that a president/presidential candidate is just a “private citizen” when cutting his business deals with foreign countries.

Deplorable!
Harry Reid and Paul Ryan aren't private citizens now? Bill Clinton and George Bush aren't private citizens right now?

The "deplorable" label has zero effect on me...it lost it's meaning years ago due to it's overarching usage to put an entire group another group doesn't like under one umbrella. It's not unlike "tolerant", "racist", "fascist"...etc.

Your team ruined and removed the any stigma those words used to carry. Nice work!

Bugsy McGurk

President
Harry Reid and Paul Ryan aren't private citizens now? Bill Clinton and George Bush aren't private citizens right now?

The "deplorable" label has zero effect on me...it lost it's meaning years ago due to it's overarching usage to put an entire group another group doesn't like under one umbrella. It's not unlike "tolerant", "racist", "fascist"...etc.

Your team ruined and removed the any stigma those words used to carry. Nice work!
Such a collection of worthless blather. But no explanation of why you think presidential conflicts of interest are just fine.