• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump wants you to go to church

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
will they be able to space out like the reporters in the press room?

or the persons at congresssional hearings?

or at the amazon warehouse? or a UPS? Fed EX?

EatTheRich

President
You and Huff post are LIARS.

I watched the press conference. The PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, SOON TO BE PRESIDENT REELECT, said he was designating churches to be essential services, same as Walmart, liquor stores, abortion mills and marijuana dispensaries. He was leaving the safety of their congregations up to them.

He said that if a governor refused this, he would overrule the governor.

What is this [Unwelcome language removed] disease in all you alt left liberals that makes you want to wipe your asses with the United States Constitution.

Religion is CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT. And today, the President just UPHELD THE CONSTITUTION.

(Even as Democrats have violated it for 200 years.)
All the Moloch worshippers will be very pleased indeed.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I think Trump is trying to kill churchgoers.....to test their loyalty....as in “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters."

Reported May 20:
The Houston-based Holy Ghost Catholic Church reopened its doors and began hosting mass May 2 as Texas started to ease coronavirus restrictions meant to curb the spread of the virus.

The Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston, however, decided to close the church again last week, after Father Donnell Kirchner, 79, passed away on May 13.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
This is a very strange place for him to take a stand. Do what’s best for your neighbor here and stay home to keep people safe.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY

I watched the press conference. The PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, SOON TO BE PRESIDENT REELECT, said he was designating churches to be essential services, same as Walmart, liquor stores, abortion mills and marijuana dispensaries. He was leaving the safety of their congregations up to them.

What is this [Unwelcome language removed] disease in all you alt left liberals that makes you want to wipe your asses with the United States Constitution.

Religion is CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT. And today, the President just UPHELD THE CONSTITUTION.

This is way over the head of the typical leftist intellect.

The individual State can't choose to violate the constitution.
Churches can decide themselves to open with guidelines- or stay closed. And the State cannot close them.

You MUST put it in terms we liberals understand.

Just replace 'church' with 'abortion clinic'- And my leftist base will understand.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member

So he overrules the governors, where is that in the beloved constitution again..............I'll wait ( unwelcome language not removed )

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
This is way over the head of the typical leftist intellect.

The individual State can't choose to violate the constitution.
Churches can decide themselves to open with guidelines- or stay closed. And the State cannot close them.

You MUST put it in terms we liberals understand.

Just replace 'church' with 'abortion clinic'- And my leftist base will understand.
So today you have a base again - correct ?

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
I think Trump is trying to kill churchgoers.....to test their loyalty....as in “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters."

Reported May 20:
The Houston-based Holy Ghost Catholic Church reopened its doors and began hosting mass May 2 as Texas started to ease coronavirus restrictions meant to curb the spread of the virus.

The Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston, however, decided to close the church again last week, after Father Donnell Kirchner, 79, passed away on May 13.
There are 5 more churches that had parishioners and leaders die - but they are simply being good WARRIORS and taking one for WALL ST and the CAMPAIGN . Don't you listen to his speeches - shame on you !

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
There are 5 more churches that had parishioners and leaders die - but they are simply being good WARRIORS and taking one for WALL ST and the CAMPAIGN . Don't you listen to his speeches - shame on you !
"5" do you realize there's more than 400,000 churches in the USA?
Of course liberals give Muslims a pass:

Are Muslims good "WARRIORS"

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
This is a very strange place for him to take a stand. Do what’s best for your neighbor here and stay home to keep people safe.
It's for the Evangelicals. They support him and can't wait to be raptured up.
Now Gov DeWine asked us to Love Thy Neighbor and follow safety measures. And added, "you don't want to be the one who kills grandma." Well, currently only fetuses are important to this "pro-life" crowd; grandma is dispensable.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
It's for the Evangelicals. They support him and can't wait to be raptured up.
Now Gov DeWine asked us to Love Thy Neighbor and follow safety measures. And added, "you don't want to be the one who kills grandma." Well, currently only fetuses are important to this "pro-life" crowd; grandma is dispensable.
You have many post of "fake Christians" so what difference does it make if they attend church?

Zam-Zam

Senator
Trump said he will order churches to open....as in order governors to do that.
Can he? Wouldn't that make him responsible if hot spots occur? :)

If you attend, stay away from the choir as singing is an excellent way to spray COVID particles into the air. Same applies in bars with everyone shouting. Sit near an open window if you can.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-orders-governors-reopen-houses-of-worship_n_5ec805a7c5b6d58115252efc

I'm building a flower box for my wife, so I went to Home Depot this weekend to buy some lumber.

As I was standing in the checkout line (social distancing, of course) I thought to myself, "If Home Depot is open and functioning under CDC guidelines, why can't a church, synagogue, or mosque do the same?"

I didn't come up with a good answer. Can you?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I'm building a flower box for my wife, so I went to Home Depot this weekend to buy some lumber.

As I was standing in the checkout line (social distancing, of course) I thought to myself, "If Home Depot is open and functioning under CDC guidelines, why can't a church, synagogue, or mosque do the same?"

I didn't come up with a good answer. Can you?
Sure, wear a mask and maintain 6 feet social distance....at Home Depot and church.

However, we worry about this:

1590447836425.png

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
That's what the plan is.

So, it turns out you're fine with the President's declaration - You just didn't know it.
I have yet to find a statement, a quote of Trump encouraging Americans to wear a mask, maintain 6 feet of social distance......according to CDC guidelines.
If you can find a quote, please share it.

Zam-Zam

Senator
I have yet to find a statement, a quote of Trump encouraging Americans to wear a mask, maintain 6 feet of social distance......according to CDC guidelines.
If you can find a quote, please share it.
I thought we were talking about allowing houses of worship to open.

Which the President is allowing, not compelling. Nor is anyone compelled to attend.

I think we agree that the President is correct in doing this. The only difference is that you're not happy with the fact you agree with the President.

Some days are like that.

:)