• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump’s mask idiocy - his most deplorable decision yet?

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
None of that drivel addresses a thing I said

The medical experts say wearing masks curbs the spread of the disease. Why shouldn’t Trump wear one? Why shouldn’t he encourage what his own experts advocate?
The "medical experts" also told us the death rate was 3.4%, a rate that is more than ten times the now admitted rate of .26%. Fauci originally said the masks had no real effect.

Nobody has a right to the presumption of a germ-free public space. Making mask wearing "mandatory" is likely Unconstitutional. That is why the CDC has made it a recommendation, and no legislature has passed a law requiring it.

Bugsy McGurk

President
The "medical experts" also told us the death rate was 3.4%, a rate that is more than ten times the now admitted rate of .26%. Fauci originally said the masks had no real effect.

Nobody has a right to the presumption of a germ-free public space. Making mask wearing "mandatory" is likely Unconstitutional. That is why the CDC has made it a recommendation, and no legislature has passed a law requiring it.
The “now admitted rate”? You lie with such ease.

But again, you just can’t focus on the issue. Do Trump’s own experts recommend the wearing of masks? Yup. Do less deplorable GOP officials also recommend wearing masks? Yup. Does Trump refuse to wear a mask in public and discourage mask use by others? Yup.

Do you have a rational justification for Trump’s insanity in this regard? Nope.

Raoul_Luke

The “now admitted rate”? You lie with such ease.

But again, you just can’t focus on the issue. Do Trump’s own experts recommend the wearing of masks? Yup. Do less deplorable GOP officials also recommend wearing masks? Yup. Does Trump refuse to wear a mask in public and discourage mask use by others? Yup.

Do you have a rational justification for Trump’s insanity in this regard? Nope.

Focus on the word "recommendation" for a minute. Ponder what that means. Since when is failing to take a "recommendation," well, "insanity?" It isn't, of course - many people have rational reasons for eschewing "recommendations."

Bugsy McGurk

President

Focus on the word "recommendation" for a minute. Ponder what that means. Since when is failing to take a "recommendation," well, "insanity?" It isn't, of course - many people have rational reasons for eschewing "recommendations."
Yes, it’s a recommendation from his own experts. And he refuses to follow it and discourages others from following it, even ridiculing mask wearing as “political correctness.”

But still, you fail to suggest any rational justification for Trump’s reaction to the mask wearing guidelines suggested by his own experts.

Stumped?

Raoul_Luke

Yes, it’s a recommendation from his own experts. And he refuses to follow it and discourages others from following it, even ridiculing mask wearing as “political correctness.”

But still, you fail to suggest any rational justification for Trump’s reaction to the mask wearing guidelines suggested by his own experts.

Stumped?
That is precisely what it is (a "recommendation" as well as "political correctness"). The justification? The fact is that you have almost zero chance of contracting coronavirus through casual (and fleeting) proximity to an infected person. It is like the common cold. I have not had a cold in a decade, even though I shop two different stores every week and work 50 hours a week with 80 co-workers. You wash your hands, you avoid shaking hands (or immediately hand sanitize afterwards) and you disinfect your work surfaces daily, and you will be fine.

Bugsy McGurk

President
That is precisely what it is (a "recommendation" as well as "political correctness"). The justification? The fact is that you have almost zero chance of contracting coronavirus through casual (and fleeting) proximity to an infected person. It is like the common cold. I have not had a cold in a decade, even though I shop two different stores every week and work 50 hours a week with 80 co-workers. You wash your hands, you avoid shaking hands (or immediately hand sanitize afterwards) and you disinfect your work surfaces daily, and you will be fine.
Your irrelevant babbling is noted, but you are intentionally dodging my question.

You’re clearly stumped.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
I know what you’re saying - how can one sort through thousands of Trump decisions and pick the most deplorable? Kinda like picking the “best star in the universe,” right? But bear with me...

We see how Trump reacts to masks. He announced up front that he would not wear one, as his experts announced that they wanted everyone to wear one. He accused a reporter of wearing one out of “political correctness.” He did wear one “backstage” at the Ford plant, but took it off when he came out front, saying he didn’t want to give journalists “the pleasure” of seeing him wearing a mask. Huh? That’s what guides his decision?

There’s certainly nothing new about Trump saying and doing stupid things. But why? It’s inexplicable. It would obviously be best for public health and for opening things up safely and more quickly. It’s impossible to think of any valid reason for Trump to oppose masks. Objectively, it’s in Trump’s interest to encourage the use of masks. But he still doesn’t do it. What explains it? Vanity? Megalomania? It’s a mystery.

So, when you combine the absolutely inexplicable nature of his mask hostility, coupled with the devastating health care impacts of his decision, I would like to nominate this Trump idiocy for status as his most deplorable decision ever.
The mask would mess up his hair and make-up . He wears more make-up and hairspray than an woman I know

Raoul_Luke

Your irrelevant babbling is noted, but you are intentionally dodging my question.

You’re clearly stumped.
Your dissembling dodge is duly noted. I clearly addressed your questions and exposed them for the propaganda they so obviously are.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Your dissembling dodge is duly noted. I clearly addressed your questions and exposed them for the propaganda they so obviously are.
Nope. The question is basic - can you propose a rational justification for Trump’s idiocy as to wearing masks?

Your answer? None. And that’s the point - there is no rational justification. All you can do is make noise.

EatTheRich

President

“Now admitted” by the politically purged CDC.

Raoul_Luke

Nope. The question is basic - can you propose a rational justification for Trump’s idiocy as to wearing masks?

Your answer? None. And that’s the point - there is no rational justification. All you can do is make noise.
You DO understand the meaning of "recommendation" right?

I've already explained to you the "rational justification" for not wearing a mask - it is almost impossible for you to become infected simply by breathing the same air as an infected person. You get it by touching someone who has the virus, or by touching a surface that they contaminated, and then touching your face. And in America, we are Constitutionally protected from being forced to be responsible for someone else's stupidity, which is what the mask wearing is designed to do. Exercising one's Constitutional rights, especially as a protest against the creeping (more like galloping) authoritarianism of the left's "war on virus," is actually a patriotic act. And, of course, protected by the First Amendment.

To you, I'm sure none of that sounds like a "rational justification." But then, you aren't exactly, by any stretch of the imagination, a "patriot."

BobbyT

Governor

Making mask wearing mandatory in public spaces is no more unconstitutional than making child safety seats mandatory or making seatbelt wearing mandatory or making choosing to leave your child in a locked hot car with the windows rolled up illegal. And the death rate will change as the denominator and numerator going into the calculation change over time. We won't know the final death rate until this is all over (and probably not even then, as testing is and has been insufficient).

Colorforms

Senator
The fascist left? It's his experts who are recommending it.
HIS experts are telling him to be politically correct?

He admitted he's bowing to whiners. There is no reason that people who are cleared of having the Wuhan flu should have to wear masks around one another except for fascist leftist whining about it.

BobbyT

Governor
HIS experts are telling him to be politically correct?

He admitted he's bowing to whiners. There is no reason that people who are cleared of having the Wuhan flu should have to wear masks around one another except for fascist leftist whining about it.
His experts are telling all of us that fewer people will get sick if all of us wear masks around each other. Donald specifically should wear one as an example to everyone because wearing a mask is what his experts have recommended we do to avoid spreading this virus and to bring the pandemic to an end as quickly as possible. The tests are not 100% accurate so he doesn't know if he's around people who have it, especially when he's visiting a factory or other location.

Good leadership is modeling the behavior you want those you lead to emulate. But Donald framing this as "the left" is making us wear masks, when actually it's the medical community recommending it including his experts. He's modeling the opposite of what his experts have recommended. That's not good leadership, but then we no longer have any hope that Donald every could be a leader. He's a selfish prick who cares more about what "the left" might think of him - another sign of a lack of leadership - than about helping to promote safe behaviors from all of us.