• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump’s mask idiocy - his most deplorable decision yet?

Colorforms

Senator
His experts are telling all of us that fewer people will get sick if all of us wear masks around each other. Donald specifically should wear one as an example to everyone because wearing a mask is what his experts have recommended we do to avoid spreading this virus and to bring the pandemic to an end as quickly as possible. The tests are not 100% accurate so he doesn't know if he's around people who have it, especially when he's visiting a factory or other location.

Good leadership is modeling the behavior you want those you lead to emulate. But Donald framing this as "the left" is making us wear masks, when actually it's the medical community recommending it including his experts. He's modeling the opposite of what his experts have recommended. That's not good leadership, but then we no longer have any hope that Donald every could be a leader. He's a selfish prick who cares more about what "the left" might think of him - another sign of a lack of leadership - than about helping to promote safe behaviors from all of us.
LOL this "he's supposed to be a inspiration" bullschitt coming from leftists is sickening. All you want to do is whine about anything and everything he does. Pretending it's anything else just insults people's intelligence.

BobbyT

Governor
LOL this "he's supposed to be a inspiration" bullschitt coming from leftists is sickening. All you want to do is whine about anything and everything he does. Pretending it's anything else just insults people's intelligence.
I don't think that's possible.

BobbyT

Governor
And yet here you are pretending you consider Trump an inspiration.

Thanks for the laugh.
Donald is anything but an inspiration. Well, he clearly is given the fvckwits who follow his 'lead,' but certainly not to me. Following him would be like following a two-year-old tantrum-prone little boy.

Colorforms

Senator
Donald is anything but an inspiration. Well, he clearly is given the fvckwits who follow his 'lead,' but certainly not to me. Following him would be like following a two-year-old tantrum-prone little boy.
Now THAT's more honest. Pretending you feel anything but pure unabashed hatred is just ridiculous.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Making mask wearing mandatory in public spaces is no more unconstitutional than making child safety seats mandatory or making seatbelt wearing mandatory or making choosing to leave your child in a locked hot car with the windows rolled up illegal. And the death rate will change as the denominator and numerator going into the calculation change over time. We won't know the final death rate until this is all over (and probably not even then, as testing is and has been insufficient).
The seatbelt and safety seats are associated with driving, which is a privilege, not a right. You can avoid compliance by not driving. You can't make a requirement that infringes on freedoms of association and speech like wearing a mask whenever you leave your house. Besides, it will never withstand the scientific investigation of its efficacy.

The death rate IS changing as the denominator and numerator going into the calculation change over time - that is why it is declining. There aren't any hidden deaths that testing will uncover, but there are tens of millions of asymptomatic cases that will be. The rate is only going to go one way - down.

BobbyT

Governor
The seatbelt and safety seats are associated with driving, which is a privilege, not a right. You can avoid compliance by not driving. You can't make a requirement that infringes on freedoms of association and speech like wearing a mask whenever you leave your house. Besides, it will never withstand the scientific investigation of its efficacy.

The death rate IS changing as the denominator and numerator going into the calculation change over time - that is why it is declining. There aren't any hidden deaths that testing will uncover, but there are tens of millions of asymptomatic cases that will be. The rate is only going to go one way - down.
I can go outside of my house without a mask, can't you? The only places I have to wear masks are business locations and my workplace (which is Federal not state). The scientific investigation of its efficacy? You mean whether an airborne virus can be curtailed via a barrier? That's an uncomplicated test, do you suppose hospital staff wear masks because such tests have already been accomplished?

I hope the death rate continues to go down. Since widespread testing is not yet occurring and was certainly not occurring back in January when this thing kicked off in the US, we don't actually know how many deaths should have been attributed to it. We will likely never know.

BobbyT

Governor
Now THAT's more honest. Pretending you feel anything but pure unabashed hatred is just ridiculous.
I don't bother to hate. But I do recognize that there's a complete buffoon in the white house and I'm not going to pussyfoot around that fact.

Raoul_Luke

I can go outside of my house without a mask, can't you? The only places I have to wear masks are business locations and my workplace (which is Federal not state). The scientific investigation of its efficacy? You mean whether an airborne virus can be curtailed via a barrier? That's an uncomplicated test, do you suppose hospital staff wear masks because such tests have already been accomplished?

I hope the death rate continues to go down. Since widespread testing is not yet occurring and was certainly not occurring back in January when this thing kicked off in the US, we don't actually know how many deaths should have been attributed to it. We will likely never know.
Some states have mandated wearing masks "whenever you leave your home." I suppose they can impose a regulation requiring them in businesses, as it's really no different than an occupancy limit. So fine, just keep passing stupid laws like that and when the economy craters because patronizing businesses is too much of a hassle, you guys will probably celebrate.

So we're going to have airborne virus transmission laws are we? Thanks for helping me make my case:

And let me guess - even if the death rate goes down to .1% (or less) you guys will still be trying to mandate masks, social distancing and business closures whenever any illness starts going around. Am I right?

Bugsy McGurk

President
You DO understand the meaning of "recommendation" right?

I've already explained to you the "rational justification" for not wearing a mask - it is almost impossible for you to become infected simply by breathing the same air as an infected person. You get it by touching someone who has the virus, or by touching a surface that they contaminated, and then touching your face. And in America, we are Constitutionally protected from being forced to be responsible for someone else's stupidity, which is what the mask wearing is designed to do. Exercising one's Constitutional rights, especially as a protest against the creeping (more like galloping) authoritarianism of the left's "war on virus," is actually a patriotic act. And, of course, protected by the First Amendment.

To you, I'm sure none of that sounds like a "rational justification." But then, you aren't exactly, by any stretch of the imagination, a "patriot."
You need not type irrelevant idiocy. No one claims Trump is “forced” to wear masks. It is the recommendation of his health experts. The question is whether there is a rational justification for Trump’s failure to wear a mask and his discouragement of masks. You are stumped. You just make noise.

Mick

The Right is always right
You need not type irrelevant idiocy. No one claims Trump is “forced” to wear masks. It is the recommendation of his health experts. The question is whether there is a rational justification for Trump’s failure to wear a mask and his discouragement of masks. You are stumped. You just make noise.
I wonder if you are so outraged at all those left wing rioters out there without masks? You certainly have said nothing about it.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I'm just wonder why you are so selectively outraged in your masking or lack thereof accusations. Fair question. Got an answer to it?
I really don’t care what you “wonder” about - I like to keep things focused. Wingers like wandering all over the place because they can’t defend their positions.

Example - you can’t address the thread question, so you try to change the subject.

Mick

I really don’t care what you “wonder” about - I like to keep things focused. Wingers like wandering all over the place because they can’t defend their positions.
Defend my "position"? What position would that be? As is clear I gave no position on this thread, low IQ one. I asked you why your masking position is selectively outraged. You still haven't been able to provide an answer.

And we wait.....

Raoul_Luke

If he isn't violating any laws by not wearing a mask, wtf are you bitching about? It is a recommendation that he eschews, because he is tested for coronavirus every day.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Defend my "position"? What position would that be? As is clear I gave no position on this thread, low IQ one. I asked you why your masking position is selectively outraged. You still haven't been able to provide an answer.

And we wait.....
This one proudly trumpets his dodging.

Someone give him a cookie.

;-)

Bugsy McGurk

President
If he isn't violating any laws by not wearing a mask, wtf are you bitching about? It is a recommendation that he eschews, because he is tested for coronavirus every day.
As you knows, the thread question is not whether he is breaking a law by discouraging mask wearing. The question is whether you can propose a legitimate justification for his position given the factors in the top post, which you ignore.

You should stop pretending the only issue is how likely it is that he is infected. For example, that has nothing to do with his ridicule of mask wearing as “political correctness.”

Mick

This one proudly trumpets his dodging.

Someone give him a cookie.

;-)
And we still wait as the master of selective outrage tries to conjure up an excuse in his puny mind......

And, by the way, there are no cookies left, fat boy. You've scarfed them all down already in the middle of your lunacy.