• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Tucker Carlson on Rittenhouse: “What a sweet kid”

EatTheRich

President
Our constitution has nothing to say about after dark looting and rioting? Think again.
Feel free to cite the passage you have in mind. Meanwhile the topic was peaceable assembly and whether the right to free speech goes out the window when the sun goes down.

God of War

Governor
Feel free to cite the passage you have in mind. Meanwhile the topic was peaceable assembly and whether the right to free speech goes out the window when the sun goes down.
The 14th Amendment speaks to equal protection under the law. Rioting and looting are violence not speech. The government must stop rioting and looting (i.e. violence) perpetrated against the citizens harmed. Your free speech doesn't trump my right to be free of your speech. Speak but not on my time nor on my property. You cannot compel people to listen to you. That is not your right.

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

EatTheRich

President
The 14th Amendment speaks to equal protection under the law. Rioting and looting are violence not speech. The government must stop rioting and looting (i.e. violence) perpetrated against the citizens harmed. Your free speech doesn't trump my right to be free of your speech. Speak but not on my time nor on my property. You cannot compel people to listen to you. That is not your right.

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
That has nothing to do with a peaceable assembly in the public square.

Nobody as a protester after dark is up to any good. Free speech needs to end at sunset so that by nightfall the community is protected from the worse impulses of the protesters.
SCROTUS Put the Tantrums of These Brats Priority Over the Public's Peace and Quiet

Demonstrations are not speech. Since they have degraded into a pep rally for looters and firebugs, ban all outside demonstrations. That space belongs to the public; the ruling class's pet protesters have no right to be there.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
SCROTUS Put the Tantrums of These Brats Priority Over the Public's Peace and Quiet

Demonstrations are not speech. Since they have degraded into a pep rally for looters and firebugs, ban all outside demonstrations. That space belongs to the public; the ruling class's pet protesters have no right to be there.
Yeah, the hell with the constitution...we should just keep the 2nd amendment and shit can the rest.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
From perhaps as many as 2% of the people assembled … the people more interested in mayhem and personal satisfaction than in the leftist politics the other 98% are into.
Makes no different if 2% or 99%
If you're with someone and they murder someone you will be charged with murder also

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Not what happens when leftists roam the streets at night. We get looting, rioting, arson, and violence from you guys.
Unlike the looting and rioting we got when right wing Trump supporters roam the streets of DC during the day.

How about protest zones...yeah. We could schedule time at local NFL stadiums on Saturdays from, oh...say...1pm to 1:30pm...only in the parking lot.

Work for you?

Last edited:

God of War

Governor
He got shot because both of them thought the other was a bad guy with a gun.
Except not true. The three got shot out at night not protesting but while rioting, looting, and burning was going on. The kicker is that the three shot have a record as perpetrators of crime. The odds that three criminals would get shot are what... 1 in 100,00? 1 in a million?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Except not true. The three got shot out at night not protesting but while rioting, looting, and burning was going on. The kicker is that the three shot have a record as perpetrators of Crime. The odds that three criminals would get shot are what... 1 in 100,00? 1 in a million?
What's the odds one had just gotten out of hospital that morning for trying to kill himself and then gets killed that night for attacking a teen____________________:)

EatTheRich

President
Except not true. The three got shot out at night not protesting but while rioting, looting, and burning was going on. The kicker is that the three shot have a record as perpetrators of Crime. The odds that three criminals would get shot are what... 1 in 100,00? 1 in a million?
Americans are as likely to have criminal records as college degrees. So if you independently select 3 Americans at random, you have a better than 1 in 30 chance that they will all have criminal records.