• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

TYT sides w/Rittenhouse! Agrees It Was Self-Defense!

Zam-Zam

Senator
Everybody seems to have an opinion on this. And most seem to believe their's is the only correct one.

The simple truth is this:

No one on this forum, to my knowledge, was actually there on the night in question.

No one on this forum, to my knowledge, actually attended the trial, and sifted through all the pertinent data that the jury had to unravel.

In light of this, how can folks here be so convinced that they know exactly what happened, and exactly who was or wasn't at fault?

Another simple truth: They don't know, because they can't know. They just think they do.

Most of what people on this forum are basing their "expert opinion" are various media accounts, which may or may not be entirely accurate, and political bias, which we all have and colors our judgement. Some may not be able to admit that it does, but, in the words of Joe Biden..."C'mon, man".

We're probably all better off if we can admit we don't know what we obviously don't know.

So, did the jury get it right or wrong?

No one here knows. Period.

The jury system isn't perfect, but it's the best we got.

It's over. Move on.

Last edited:

EatTheRich

President
Everybody seems to have an opinion on this. And most seem to believe their's is the only correct one.

No one on this forum, to my knowledge, was actually there on the night in question.

No one on this forum, to my knowledge, actually attended the trial, and sifted through all the pertinent data that the jury had to unravel.

In light of this, how can folks here be so convinced that they know exactly what happened, and exactly who was or wasn't at fault?

Another simple truth: They don't know, because they can't know. They just think they do.

Most of what people on this forum are basing their "expert opinion" are various media accounts, which may or may not be entirely accurate, and political bias, which we all have and colors our judgement. Some may not be able to admit that it does, but, in the words of Joe Biden..."C'mon, man".

We're probably all better off if we can admit we don't know what we obviously don't know.

It's over. Move on.
My opinion is based on its being a really easy case: a politically motivated lynching caught on video.

Zam-Zam

Senator
My opinion is based on its being a really easy case: a politically motivated lynching caught on video.
A video.

Other people have seen the video and have come to a different conclusion.

Which leads me back to this:

You weren't there, nor did you hear or see everything the jury did.

So...You don't know. It would be silly to claim otherwise.

Whether or not you are willing to admit that is up to you - It won't change the fact that you simply don't know, and likely never will.

God of War

Governor

It's over. Move on.
Happy coincidence that my absent opinion coincided with that of the jury.

EatTheRich

President
A video.

Other people have seen the video and have come to a different conclusion.

Which leads me back to this:

You weren't there, nor did you hear or see everything the jury did.

So...You don't know. It would be silly to claim otherwise.

Whether or not you are willing to admit that is up to you - It won't change the fact that you simply don't know, and likely never will.
No one watched the video and honestly formed a different conclusion.

Zam-Zam

Senator
No one watched the video and honestly formed a different conclusion.
False dilemma fallacy.

"Either you agree with me, or you are dishonest".

I don't buy fallacies. They are used in place of legitimate arguments.

People can, and will, disagree with your assessment. The jury, for example. This may cause you to disparage them for it, but that would be your flaw, not theirs.

EatTheRich

President
False dilemma fallacy.

"Either you agree with me, or you are dishonest".

I don't buy fallacies. They are used in place of legitimate arguments.

People can, and will, disagree with your assessment. The jury, for example. This may cause you to disparage them for it, but that would be your flaw, not theirs.
The jury saw the same politically motivated extrajudicial executions you and I saw. The difference is that they chose (whether because afraid of the right-wingers with guns who showed up to influence their decision or not) to condone them.

Zam-Zam

Senator
The jury saw the same politically motivated extrajudicial executions you and I saw. The difference is that they chose (whether because afraid of the right-wingers with guns who showed up to influence their decision or not) to condone them.
Nah.

They saw it differently from you. You can assign them motives designed to diminish them if you wish, but your view is not the only view.

No matter how much you insist it is.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Anybody want to comment on why self-defense didn't apply in this case? Zammy, how about you?

1637772184629.png

Last edited: