• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Uh oh! Masks don't work.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Majority do not wear them correct and you would know that if you ever got out of your safe room and went outside and your story always changes of how many mask YOU have bought and now it's "several hundred" :)
Ahhh...living rent free in this vast cavern of empty space between your ears...thanks.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Your memory stinks.

Surgical masks reduce particulate matter by 50%. If you are good about fitting it tightly it does better...if you wear it under your nose..not so much.

Do we agree that many people are pretty much passive agressive about it? Yes.

Surgical masks were plentiful. N95 not so much. I bought several hundred.
I saw a tester who was an expert on fluid dynamics as well as an engineering student and he built a mannequin to express matter that was measured to approximate what someone might expel in a cough. Unmasked it went as far as 12 ft. Surgical masks had a tendency to allow particles to go vertical around the nose or depending on the fit, back towards the ears if the mask was gapped near your cheek bones.
I really don't believe that you never supported the (cloth) mask mandates - I'm sure I would have remembered the one thing we ever agreed on. Surgical masks aren't much better, even when worn by medical professionals:

Postoperative wound infections and surgical face masks: a controlled study - PubMed (nih.gov)

You DO know the "science" says Covid is airborne and not fomite spread, right? If you sneeze or cough through a surgical mask, them germs are in the air.

You're a smart guy so I'm sure you know you can protect YOURSELF from an airborne virus by wearing an N95. Which raises the question - if you can protect yourself from an airborne virus by wearing an N95 mask, why the f*ck are you so insistent that I wear one as well? Once we follow this masking logic to its, well, logical conclusion, the "logic" behind mask mandates evaporates. So why is it so imperative to you that I join you in diapering your face?

And just like that, your support for "universal masking" mandates goes poof!

Raoul_Luke

Leftist do as ordered by their handlers even if it's imperfect science

The C.D.C.’s New Challenge? Grappling With Imperfect Science (msn.com)

Leftist just now posting of N95's
Yep, they are all like "what do mean we supported ineffective cloth masks mandates for the past two freaking years, we always knew on;y N95s worked - if you think we were supporting cloth masks when we supported public officials telling us to wear cloth masks, you must have misunderstood." LOL!

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Yep, they are all like "what do mean we supported ineffective cloth masks mandates for the past two freaking years, we always knew on;y N95s worked - if you think we were supporting cloth masks when we supported public officials telling us to wear cloth masks, you must have misunderstood." LOL!
It's like the twits don't think what they posted back then can't be found especially the lil' Squid

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
That is one tactic common among the fact free...run away from posts that have verifiable info and claim victory...you've played that one out to often.
Like Bugs posted 1000's of times?
Or was that YOU lil' fella?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I really don't believe that you never supported the (cloth) mask mandates - I'm sure I would have remembered the one thing we ever agreed on. Surgical masks aren't much better, even when worn by medical professionals:

Postoperative wound infections and surgical face masks: a controlled study - PubMed (nih.gov)

You DO know the "science" says Covid is airborne and not fomite spread, right? If you sneeze or cough through a surgical mask, them germs are in the air.

You're a smart guy so I'm sure you know you can protect YOURSELF from an airborne virus by wearing an N95. Which raises the question - if you can protect yourself from an airborne virus by wearing an N95 mask, why the f*ck are you so insistent that I wear one as well? Once we follow this masking logic to its, well, logical conclusion, the "logic" behind mask mandates evaporates. So why is it so imperative to you that I join you in diapering your face?

as I have repeatedly posted...If I wear a mask properly it keeps me from expelling potentially infectious particles...meanwile the maskless covidiot Trump supporter spews particles in the air as well as onto surfaces I may touch...

And what is the moronic defense offered be those who don't feel like wearing masks?

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
That is one tactic common among the fact free...run away from posts that have verifiable info and claim victory...you've played that one out too often.
Whoa, what???? Yer claiming you have a post with verifiable info?

Does it say you lied again, cuz that's verifiable?

Fact check: Did the Obama administration deplete the federal stockpile of N95 masks

Our rating: True
We rate this claim TRUE because it is supported by our research. There is no indication that the Obama administration took significant steps to replenish the supply of N95 masks in the Strategic National Stockpile after it was depleted from repeated crises. Calls for action came from experts at the time concerned for the country’s ability to respond to future serious pandemics. Such recommendations were, for whatever reason, not heeded.
www.usatoday.com

Fact check: Did the Obama administration deplete the federal stockpile of N95 masks?
During the presidency of Barack Obama, the national stockpile was seriously taxed as the administration addressed multiple crises over eight years.
www.usatoday.com

We have been talking about masks since April of 2020.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Whoa, what???? Yer claiming you have a post with verifiable info?

Does it say you lied again, cuz that's verifiable?

Fact check: Did the Obama administration deplete the federal stockpile of N95 masks

Our rating: True
We rate this claim TRUE because it is supported by our research. There is no indication that the Obama administration took significant steps to replenish the supply of N95 masks in the Strategic National Stockpile after it was depleted from repeated crises. Calls for action came from experts at the time concerned for the country’s ability to respond to future serious pandemics. Such recommendations were, for whatever reason, not heeded.
www.usatoday.com

Fact check: Did the Obama administration deplete the federal stockpile of N95 masks?
During the presidency of Barack Obama, the national stockpile was seriously taxed as the administration addressed multiple crises over eight years.
www.usatoday.com

We have been talking about masks since April of 2020.
Trump came into office in January of 2017...are you saying he did or did not rebuild that inventory by 2020?

middleview

President
Supporting Member

and what you believe matters?

Raoul_Luke

as I have repeatedly posted...If I wear a mask properly it keeps me from expelling potentially infectious particles...meanwile the maskless covidiot Trump supporter spews particles in the air as well as onto surfaces I may touch...

And what is the moronic defense offered be those who don't feel like wearing masks?
You are talking about fomites - the "science" says covid isn't spread that way:

This study reveals the leading role of airborne SARS-CoV-2 transmission and negligible role of fomite transmission in a poorly ventilated indoor environment, highlighting the need for more targeted interventions in such environments.

Predominant airborne transmission and insignificant fomite transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in a two-bus COVID-19 outbreak originating from the same pre-symptomatic index case - PubMed (nih.gov)

I thought (good) coders were highly logical people. Think about it logically. If there is a risk from fomites, and the masks catch the fomites, and then the people wearing them touch them (All. The. Time.), before touching those same surfaces that would typically sneeze on, for every fomite transmission avoided by wearing masks, there has to be at LEAST one fomite transmission from contaminated mask handling. You are the queen of "that which is seen:

That Which Is Seen and that Which Is Not Seen - Foundation for Economic Education (fee.org)

Now think about masking logically - how is it masks don't protect the wearer, but do protect others from the wearer? How can that be? Do aerosolized virus only travel one way? Of course not, that is absurd.

The Brits have finally come to their senses:

England Lifts Face Mask Mandate, Lets People Return to Offices as Omicron Cases Near Peak (msn.com)

When will we follow their lead?