• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Unfair wages, not enough...but I'll stay home and collect unemployment.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
I am sure this will quickly become the democrats fault and the liberals are destroying America. It would be interesting to see just how many right wingers are sitting at home sucking on the govt. tit. Let's try and find those numbers by looking at red state unemployment.

I have seen a gas station and mini mart recently close because of a worker shortage and I know as a fact at the mini mart, more than one clerk wore the stupid azz red hats.
I mean they STILL have their Greatest Loser signs out front like something will change August 8th or next week even. So naturally he is blaming Biden............uhhrahhh

Yes, Is there a worker shortage, absolutely - there is a shortage of people who are willing to get their hands dirty and EARN a fair wage, luckily I found enough of these guys to do this but none are under 35 but 1 of them. A friend running an excavation company said all his best workers are over 50.

So yes, this generation of kids were ruined by us parents, always giving them " more than I had " and not teaching them you might just sweat at work - omg the horror of it all !

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Something for nothing..can't beat it
Spending one's life looking for the easy button has a horrible price.

I watched my brother do exactly that, he's now living out of a beat up van basically homeless and living a meager existence. And he's not stupid, he got himself a class A (CDL) licence and could have held a good job but the siren song of "Free" money and him being lazy kept him from having a decent life.

EatTheRich

President
How's that work...? The argument is pay is insufficient to live on, yet millions will ride unemployment and sit idle at home. Kind of bolsters the indolent argument.

The only way to be eligible for unemployment (which the same people getting paid for via deductions from their paychecks over decades of steady employment) is to be provably spending 40 hours a week applying for jobs and unable to get one.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
The only way to be eligible for unemployment (which the same people getting paid for via deductions from their paychecks over decades of steady employment) is to be provably spending 40 hours a week applying for jobs and unable to get one.
Yes that is correct. But not the discussion

Mr. Friscus

Governor
How's that work...? The argument is pay is insufficient to live on, yet millions will ride unemployment and sit idle at home. Kind of bolsters the indolent argument.

Don't Worry, Joe Biden said it isn't happening.. so according to Leftists, Media, and Big Tech.. that's that. Poof. It's not happening.