• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Upgrading PoliticalJack Software 2/1 or 2/2/2020

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
I have a programmer upgrading the website to the latest version on either 2/1 or 2/2/2020 most likely.

We could lose some functionality and the like and dislike stats. Post counts etc should remain.

There is nothing we can do about that. The upgrade is a year overdue and it would be tough to continue forward using the old version.

Thank you for your understanding.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
I have a programmer upgrading the website to the latest version on either 2/1 or 2/2/2020 most likely.

We could lose some functionality and the like and dislike stats. Post counts etc should remain.

There is nothing we can do about that. The upgrade is a year overdue and it would be tough to continue forward using the old version.

How long will the site be down for the upgrade?

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
How long will the site be down for the upgrade?
If it happens this weekend it will probably around midnight and only be down for a short time.

If there are any issues and the site is down for an extended period I will post updates on the Political Jack facebook page.

Boltlady

Mayor

You need a different programmer. This one must work really cheap if you consider this an upgrade. I would hit dislike if we had one.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
You need a different programmer. This one must work really cheap if you consider this an upgrade. I would hit dislike if we had one.
You are misinterpreting the word "Upgrade". I was forced to upgrade the software because they are not supporting the version the old politicaljack was running on.

I did not say it would be an upgrade to the site...as in make it better necessarily. Believe me I did not want to upgrade the software.

Boltlady

Mayor
You are misinterpreting the word "Upgrade". I was forced to upgrade the software because they are not supporting the version the old politicaljack was running on.

I did not say it would be an upgrade to the site...as in make it better necessarily. Believe me I did not want to upgrade the software.
TY for your reply. I don't like it when stores re-arrange their shelves either....at least I didn't when I was mobile enough to go to the stores.:(

excalibur

Mayor

This new format is very similar to those on several other sites which I frequent. Modern looking.

Perhaps as a way of celebrating the change over permanent banned members could be offered an amnesty.

You are misinterpreting the word "Upgrade".

I did not say it would be an upgrade to the site...as in make it better necessarily.
I'd Rather Have Educated Frauds Call Me a "Grammar Nazi" Than Not See Grammar

Like all other Diploma Dumbos, geeks have a childish, ignorant, and dysfunctional knowledge of English.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
TY for your reply. I don't like it when stores re-arrange their shelves either....at least I didn't when I was mobile enough to go to the stores.:(
once complained to a store (politely) about that...could not find a regularly purchased item for an hour.... turns out it was on the opposite side of the aisle, in exactly the mirror location...I just never looked behind me...felt monumentally stupid, we had a good laugh about it though.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!

So far, so good. I really like the upgrade, SW. It's actually much better in many ways. :cool:
Thanks

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
It's tough on the eyes.
How so?

You can increase the size of the text by holding down control and scrolling with your mouse to make bigger or smaller. You can also fit it to the size of your screen by hitting customize in the upper right as well as change colors.