• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

US Deaths Highly Impacted Per Capita

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
The US is not doing well compared to the rest of the world with this virus. While pretty much the whole world is impacted, some parts are hit harder than others. Third world countries (and others) may not have proper testing, which could slant the numbers some. But the variances are high:

US Population / World Population = 327 Million / 7.8 Billion = 4.2%
US COVID Cases / World Covid Cases = 452,000 / 1,579.000 = 28.6%
US Deaths / World Deaths = 16,000 / 94,000 = 17.0%

One piece of good news is that our infection rate compared to our death rate looks, as we are "saving" a higher percentage of people. But our cases and deaths compared to the rest of the world is awful.

There is evidence that social distancing works. But there are people all over the country not following this strong recommendation or order. Countries like South Korea don't mess around when it comes to this, if you don't follow social distancing measures, there are stronger repercussions. Could this be what it setting us so far behind? I bet opinions will vary sharply along political lines. :) But anybody have an original thought?

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
Wrong again Joe, the USA does not have more cases, it has better and more testing, the USA is also recording regular flu deaths as Covid deaths, not sure why but if you ask the CDC how many people died of the flu since January they will have no answer
They measure it by season - it's 24,000-63,000 from 10/1/19 through 3/28/19. So that isn't it. I addressed testing in my message, which certainly has an impact, but this much of an impact is debatable.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
Look Joe the entire World accepts that at least 50000 to 100000 have died in China, why are you defending their obvious human rights abuses
That may be, but you could take China's totals and numbers our of the equation and we're still high compared to the rest of the world outside of China.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
The reason is that this is not a randomly spread natural disease, this is biological warfare and 500,000 chinks came here spreading it. When Trump banned them you called him racist, remember grandpoop
So trolling because you can't answer. Got it.

Anybody else?

EatTheRich

President
Wrong again Joe, the USA does not have more cases, it has better and more testing, the USA is also recording regular flu deaths as Covid deaths, not sure why but if you ask the CDC how many people died of the flu since January they will have no answer
No, they aren’t. To be recorded as a COVId death the CDC requires a positive COVId diagnosis (meaning many who die of it are not included in the CDC stats) as well as determination by a medical professional that COVId was the primary cause of death.

EatTheRich

President
The reason is that this is not a randomly spread natural disease, this is biological warfare and 500,000 chinks came here spreading it. When Trump banned them you called him racist, remember grandpoop
This is just racist bigotry with no factual support deployed in the interest of making Trump look better.

EatTheRich

President
Chinks boil dogs alive..…………………… Call me whatever you choose I'll still be here when you are not a memory
What does that, if true (which I doubt), have to do with your unsupported claim of biological warfare? Or are you just trying to stir up racial resentment?

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
More fake "facts" by one of the Board's biggest propagandists. Throw out China and recalculate, because believes their stats are simply laughable. Just another closet authoritarian showing China the love (and the US the hate). Keep up the good work - nobody makes the left look more morally and intellectually bankrupt than you do...NO BODY!

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
More fake "facts" by one of the Board's biggest propagandists. Throw out China and recalculate, because believes their stats are simply laughable. Just another closet authoritarian showing China the love (and the US the hate). Keep up the good work - nobody makes the left look more morally and intellectually bankrupt than you do...NO BODY!
You mad? LOL

So throw out China’s numbers and their portion of the population. We still have a very disproportionately high number of cases and deaths. Why is that?

Raoul_Luke

You mad? LOL

So throw out China’s numbers and their portion of the population. We still have a very disproportionately high number of cases and deaths. Why is that?
Because of all of the third world countries that nobody travels to. You see, assuming that every nation is equally affected by this is as specious as the notion that the US would be at the low end of dealing with it. I don't get mad, I get even.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
Because of all of the third world countries that nobody travels to. You see, assuming that every nation is equally affected by this is as specious as the notion that the US would be at the low end of dealing with it. I don't get mad, I get even.
Then get even. :)

So most cases are spread person to prison, it takes very few people traveling to bring this into a society. Basically, once it’s there, it’s there. I don’t see that as much of a reason for our disproportionately high number of cases.

Raoul_Luke

Then get even. :)

So most cases are spread person to prison, it takes very few people traveling to bring this into a society. Basically, once it’s there, it’s there. I don’t see that as much of a reason for our disproportionately high number of cases.
Well, speaking "person to prison," one theory might be the "success" of the USA's vast welfare state's ability to keep obese people with multiple co-morbidities alive well into old age, who then have much more severe reactions to and higher death rate from, such maladies as coronavirus. But that would take a willingness to look deeply into the stats, an effort of which I am quite certain you are unwilling to undertake. So by all means - it's (obviously) all Trump's fault!

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
Well, speaking "person to prison," one theory might be the "success" of the USA's vast welfare state's ability to keep obese people with multiple co-morbidities alive well into old age, who then have much more severe reactions to and higher death rate from, such maladies as coronavirus. But that would take a willingness to look deeply into the stats, an effort of which I am quite certain you are unwilling to undertake. So by all means - it's (obviously) all Trump's fault!
Oh, you dive into those stats and let me know what you find then! Can we expect your full report by Monday?

Raoul_Luke

Oh, you dive into those stats and let me know what you find then! Can we expect your full report by Monday?
What you can "expect" is that I will continue to use logic and facts to illustrate the depravity in your propaganda efforts here.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
What you can "expect" is that I will continue to use logic and facts to illustrate the depravity in your propaganda efforts here.
You've done none of that. Just flailed out excuses with nothing to back it up. But thanks for playing. :)

NEXT.

Raoul_Luke

You've done none of that. Just flailed out excuses with nothing to back it up. But thanks for playing. :)

NEXT.
Yeah because you say so, LOL! The idea that the USA is one of the worse off nations with respect to covid-19 is insipid. But that is the abject bullshit you tried to pull off here. It takes a special kind of deviance to want to see your nation fail for political purposes. It is even worse when one uses specious statistics in an effort to pull it off...next!