• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Virginia governor to announce removal of Lee statue

EatTheRich

President
Ah, that fascist mindset. Now only YOU get to chose who are the villains and why? There are some people, believe it or not, who don't look at history through the lens of skin color like you do. In a free country, they shouldn't have to.

Governor Blackface is just one more authoritarian dictator abusing his power. And surprise surprise, you support it.
The Confederacy was openly and explicitly founded on white supremacy. The Lee statue and others like it was put up specifically to intimidate Black people by asserting the solidarity of the state with white supremacy.

EatTheRich

President
The left can judge him any way they want. I don't care. It's when they impose their judgments on others that they cross the line into fascism.
Yes ... objecting to the state glorifying white supremacist violence that killed hundreds of thousands is “fascism.”

EatTheRich

President
No, YOU are talking about a statue that YOU feel "glorifies vile racist mass murderers maintained by the government"

Last I checked, a free country means YOU don't get to determine how people see a historical figure.
He was responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths, due to his war against the United States. That makes him a mass murderer. His racism is demonstrated by his adherence to the Confederacy and to the Democratic Party.

Colorforms

Senator
The Confederacy was openly and explicitly founded on white supremacy. The Lee statue and others like it was put up specifically to intimidate Black people by asserting the solidarity of the state with white supremacy.
According to you, everything is based on white supremacy. Eventually you're going to have to wake up.

Lee was a pivotal figure in the south. Southern states have every right and reason to memorialize him.

Colorforms

Senator
He was responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths, due to his war against the United States. That makes him a mass murderer. His racism is demonstrated by his adherence to the Confederacy and to the Democratic Party.
Like I said, It is no up to YOU to decide who is a villain and who isn't. You're arguing irrelevancies. I don't care what you think of him. It's not your right to force people to adhere to your ideology.

EatTheRich

President
According to you, everything is based on white supremacy. Eventually you're going to have to wake up.

Lee was a pivotal figure in the south. Southern states have every right and reason to memorialize him.

The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution African slavery as it exists amongst us the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old constitution, were that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally, and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with, but the general opinion of the men of that day was that, somehow or other in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away. This idea, though not incorporated in the constitution, was the prevailing idea at that time. The constitution, it is true, secured every essential guarantee to the institution while it should last, and hence no argument can be justly urged against the constitutional guarantees thus secured, because of the common sentiment of the day. Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the government built upon it fell when the "storm came and the wind blew."

Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner-stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.”-Alexander Stephens

Of course the South should remember and learn about Lee and the misery his treason caused them for generations to come. But glorifying him is something else entirely.

EatTheRich

President
Like I said, It is no up to YOU to decide who is a villain and who isn't. You're arguing irrelevancies. I don't care what you think of him. It's not your right to force people to adhere to your ideology.
But it is the racists’ right to force people to adhere to their ideology by taxing us for a government-sponsored monument to it?

Colorforms

Senator

The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution African slavery as it exists amongst us the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old constitution, were that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally, and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with, but the general opinion of the men of that day was that, somehow or other in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away. This idea, though not incorporated in the constitution, was the prevailing idea at that time. The constitution, it is true, secured every essential guarantee to the institution while it should last, and hence no argument can be justly urged against the constitutional guarantees thus secured, because of the common sentiment of the day. Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the government built upon it fell when the "storm came and the wind blew."

Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner-stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.”-Alexander Stephens

Of course the South should remember and learn about Lee and the misery his treason caused them for generations to come. But glorifying him is something else entirely.
Fine, but don't force your bullschitt down other people's throats.

Colorforms

Senator
But it is the racists’ right to force people to adhere to their ideology by taxing us for a government-sponsored monument to it?
You're being forced to pay taxes to maintain a statue in a state you don't live in?

Hmmm, racists of fascists. Not a hard decision to make.

And do you think that Bush was a “fascist” for organizing the toppling of the statue?
Wasn't it Iraqis who organized it? Then begged some U.S. armor personnel to help them with what they couldn't do themselves. ha ha I still have in my minds eye a bunch of grown ass men with flip flops in hand spanking said statue in a demonstration of complete adult uselessness.

What I know is that Antifa, Anarchists, and globalist-communist-Demorats are in the process of trying to destroy the republic of the United State of America and it has to come to a head. Grace, providence and the Oracle at Delphi must have their say on this momentous struggle between good and evil. Hopefully it won't burn your silly blank when you drop off your next load of bricks for the next scheduled spontaneous riot. Good luck, ETR.

EatTheRich

President
You're being forced to pay taxes to maintain a statue in a state you don't live in?

Hmmm, racists of fascists. Not a hard decision to make.
I know of no actual fascist movement (identifying as such or fitting the classic criteria of a fascist movement) that is not on the racists’ side.

EatTheRich

President
Wasn't it Iraqis who organized it? Then begged some U.S. armor personnel to help them with what they couldn't do themselves. ha ha I still have in my minds eye a bunch of grown ass men with flip flops in hand spanking said statue in a demonstration of complete adult uselessness.

What I know is that Antifa, Anarchists, and globalist-communist-Demorats are in the process of trying to destroy the republic of the United State of America and it has to come to a head. Grace, providence and the Oracle at Delphi must have their say on this momentous struggle between good and evil. Hopefully it won't burn your silly blank when you drop off your next load of bricks for the next scheduled spontaneous riot. Good luck, ETR.
Nope, the U.S. military organized it for the cameras as one of their top priorities on taking Baghdad.

I am not encouraging, much less abetting, rioting.

Colorforms

Senator
I know of no actual fascist movement (identifying as such or fitting the classic criteria of a fascist movement) that is not on the racists’ side.
I do, and you're defending it on a daily basis.

The daily authoritarian Hitler like bullschitt that the left spews constantly is nothing less than representative of a growing fascist movement in the US. culminating in these riots. Which is nothing more than children upset that normal well adjusted people don't think like they do.

There is a reason there are very few riots on the right. We are mentally stable.

EatTheRich

President
I do, and you're defending it on a daily basis.

The daily authoritarian Hitler like bullschitt that the left spews constantly is nothing less than representative of a growing fascist movement in the US. culminating in these riots. Which is nothing more than children upset that normal well adjusted people don't think like they do.

There is a reason there are very few riots on the right. We are mentally stable.
I see you slept through the discussion of fascism in history class, as well as through the Tea Party, pro-Trump pogroms, and Unite the Right riots that shook the nation for months.

EatTheRich

President
And you have proof.

As a default I don't believe communists. Trust but verify is just verify twice. ;0)

I can’t prove I’m not abetting the riots without doxxing myself. But my criticisms of them speak for themselves. There is also this statement by my party’s candidate:
“The widespread looting and violence by a small minority who tie their agenda to the protests are a deadly obstacle to building the fight to end police violence and the struggle to defend working people.”

Colorforms

Senator
I see you slept through the discussion of fascism in history class, as well as through the Tea Party, pro-Trump pogroms, and Unite the Right riots that shook the nation for months.
It "shocked the nation for months" because the press wouldn't let it go. Even though it was the left that actually attacked the protesters with jars of pee and pepper spray.

It's the only reason fascist lefties get away with what they do. The press covers for them with the kind of propaganda war that Goebbels would be proud of.

EatTheRich

President
It "shocked the nation for months" because the press wouldn't let it go. Even though it was the left that actually attacked the protesters with jars of pee and pepper spray.

It's the only reason fascist lefties get away with what they do. The press covers for them with the kind of propaganda war that Goebbels would be proud of.
Yeah, couldn’t have anything to do with the mobs of unhinged literal Nazis wantonly beating and killing political dissidents, Jews, and people of color.