• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Voting Now a Threat to Democracy: Ukraine Threatens 5-Year Prison Sentence For Anyone Voting In "Sham" Referendum for Occupied Regions to Join Russia

worldlymrb

Revenge
You completely changed the meaning. Refusing an order to launch nuclear weapons is not the same as refusing to get a vaccination. How stupid can someone be to equate the two?
I was merely pointing out that while you are hoping Russians disobey orders, compared to U.S Troops who are ACTUALLY DISOBEYING ORDERS.

Anyways, instead of "Hoping" Russia doesn't launch nukes, how about a ceasefire until an agreement is reached? Yeah, Ukraine may not get Crimea or the Donbas region back, but at least we won't have a civilization-ending moment where a post-human world gets to build back better.

worldlymrb

Revenge
Um..no...cause it's a sham election.

Wtf?
I disagree with the premise that the Donbas regions a pro-West/Ukraine. They are not.

Also, I do blame the US/NATO for not giving Russia assurances Ukraine would not join NATO for 20 years. It was a reasonable request.

I also blame the U.S/NATO for interfering in what could have been a Ukrainian/Russia ceasefire back in April.

I am of the opinion that Russia/Ukrainian conflict is all part of the globalist plan to cut off resources, bring in more lockdowns because of food/electricity scarcity, and blame Climate Change instead. All part of the "Own Nothing and Eat Bugs" they have been preaching to us for the last 5 years.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I disagree with the premise that the Donbas regions a pro-West/Ukraine. They are not.

Also, I do blame the US/NATO for not giving Russia assurances Ukraine would not join NATO for 20 years. It was a reasonable request.

I also blame the U.S/NATO for interfering in what could have been a Ukrainian/Russia ceasefire back in April.

I am of the opinion that Russia/Ukrainian conflict is all part of the globalist plan to cut off resources, bring in more lockdowns because of food/electricity scarcity, and blame Climate Change instead. All part of the "Own Nothing and Eat Bugs" they have been preaching to us for the last 5 years.
Public opinion

A billboard promoting the "Yes" vote

A poll released by the Kyiv Institute of Sociology, with data gathered from 8–16 April, 41.1% of people in Donetsk were for decentralisation of Ukraine with powers transferred to regions, while letting it remain a unified state, 38.4% for changing Ukraine into federation, 27.5% were in favour of secession from Ukraine to join the Russian Federation, and only 10.6% supported current unitary structure without changes.[18]

Another poll, taken by the Donetsk Institute for Social Research and Political Analysis, found that 18.6% of those polled in the region opposed changes to the government structure, 47% favoured federalisation, or at least more economic independence from Kyiv, 27% wanted to join Russia in some form, and 5% wanted to become an independent state.[19]

According to a survey conducted by Pew Research Centre from 5–23 April, 18% of eastern Ukrainians were in favour of secession, while 70% wished to remain part of a united Ukraine.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I was merely pointing out that while you are hoping Russians disobey orders, compared to U.S Troops who are ACTUALLY DISOBEYING ORDERS.

Anyways, instead of "Hoping" Russia doesn't launch nukes, how about a ceasefire until an agreement is reached? Yeah, Ukraine may not get Crimea or the Donbas region back, but at least we won't have a civilization-ending moment where a post-human world gets to build back better.
Lawful orders to get a vaccination are hardly equivalent to orders to launch a nuclear war...trimming my post is dishonest.

If Ukraine and Russian wish to agree to a ceasefire is up to them...not the US. We should continue to provide the weapons and ammunition to continue their defense of their country. Russia occupied Ukraine for years....clearly the Ukrainians are unwilling to endure that again. Russia is attempting to cripple Ukraine by stealing the industrial east.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

So if Mexico decided to hold a referendum on the south of Texas joining Mexico, you be okay with that?

It's like that, see?

worldlymrb

Revenge
So if Mexico decided to hold a referendum on the south of Texas joining Mexico, you be okay with that?

It's like that, see?
What about democracy?

What about every vote counts?

Doesn't that matter?

In answer to your question.... If the good people from south Texas who are mostly Mexicans and are fighting a civil war to rebel from Texas and Mexico held a referendum for the rebels to join Mexico, I would offer the rebels a +$5K on their EBT cards if the referendum fails, instead of threatening 5 years of prison for voting.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
What about democracy?

What about every vote counts?

Doesn't that matter?

In answer to your question.... If the good people from south Texas who are mostly Mexicans and are fighting a civil war to rebel from Texas and Mexico held a referendum for the rebels to join Mexico, I would offer the rebels a +$5K on their EBT cards if the referendum fails, instead of threatening 5 years of prison for voting.
uh huh. an if mexico simple said...it is so...southern texas belongs to us. just cause..

worldlymrb

Revenge
So having a swastika on a helmet is important, but flying the flag is not...got it.
Difference is..... YOU support sending billions of dollars to Ukrainian conscripts wearing Nazi emblems on their helmets and tanks. I don't support sending money to Russians who are putting soviet flags on their vehicles.

Also, I don't find the soviet flag as offensive as the Nazi swastika.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Difference is..... YOU support sending billions of dollars to Ukrainian conscripts wearing Nazi emblems on their helmets and tanks. I don't support sending money to Russians who are putting soviet flags on their vehicles.

Also, I don't find the soviet flag as offensive as the Nazi swastika.
So it seems two soldiers with a swastika on their helmets means we should support the revival of the Soviet Imperial empire?

I support sending weapons to the Ukrainian government to arm their citizens. You prefer the conquest of Ukraine by a brutal regime. Putin appreciates your support.
I guess you'd have cheered on the Russian invaders when they occupied Budapest or Prague.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Viber messaging coming in from colleagues with connections to people in the front line areas. Russian collapse is on the horizon