• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

We are all "extremists" now...

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
“If you are not with where the majority of Americans are, that is extreme,” White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told RCP last month. “That is an extreme way of thinking.”

Seriously, the POTUS' spokesperson, you know, the person who speaks for him, actually said that.

Is there even one lefty here who will disagree with the Brandon Administration on this?

Of course, the irony is jumping off the page:

1665145243397.png

1665145325660.png

1665146737872.png

Oops!

“If you are not with where the majority of Americans are, that is extreme,” White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told RCP last month. “That is an extreme way of thinking.”

Seriously, the POTUS' spokesperson, you know, the person who speaks for him, actually said that.

Is there even one lefty here who will disagree with the Brandon Administration on this?

View attachment 72633

View attachment 72634

View attachment 72635

Oops!
What was that Mussolini said....

For Fascism the state is absolute; individuals and groups relative. Individuals and groups are admissible insofar as they come within the state.”

RickWA

Snagglesooth

View attachment 72633

View attachment 72634

View attachment 72635

Oops!
Imagine that…self-described “liberals” now adding anti-individualism/PRO-CONFORMITY as yet another characteristic (along with being pro-war and anti-free speech).

They haven’t merely jettisoned liberalism, they have declared WAR on it.

Raoul_Luke

Imagine that…self-described “liberals” now adding anti-individualism/PRO-CONFORMITY as yet another characteristic (along with being pro-war and anti-free speech).

They haven’t merely jettisoned liberalism, they have declared WAR on it.
I am shocked, SHOCKED to find no lefties rushing in here to defend Ms. Jean-Pierre in making this "observation." Actually I am not, as it is perhaps the single most stupidest statement ever made by a Presidential spokes person.

What is actually shocking is that nobody anywhere in the press, well, pressed her to retract or moderate that statement. We are living in interesting times, that is for sure.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I am shocked, SHOCKED to find no lefties rushing in here to defend Ms. Jean-Pierre in making this "observation." Actually I am not, as it is perhaps the single most stupidest statement ever made by a Presidential spokes person.

What is actually shocking is that nobody anywhere in the press, well, pressed her to retract or moderate that statement. We are living in interesting times, that is for sure.
Yeah. It is the most unbreakable monolith I’ve ever seen - across pols, media, and citizen tribe members, individuals of conscience (or principle) simply are not to be found.

Raoul_Luke

She was talking specifically about the idea supported by a radical minority that the government should tell women when and whether to have children.
That was the issue she was referencing, but that's not what she said - she made it appear to be a "generalization," wouldn't you agree? Shouldn't she be politely asked to clarify that statement?

Raoul_Luke

I’m just saying she has a point about the radical statists who think women’s bodies belong to the state.
Let's contrast Ms. Jean-Pierre's comments on the matter with Ms. Lake's:

Lake has said that if elected she would enforce Arizona’s bygone abortion ban, a law on the books before Roe v. Wade was passed a half-century ago. It prohibited abortions and criminalized abortionists. When pressed on her position, Lake said she supports “saving as many lives as possible” and then turned the question back on the reporter.

“What I really want to know, and I've been waiting, I tune into you guys all the time, I want to know where Katie Hobbs stands. I never hear you guys ask her that,” Lake said.

Let me tell you where she stands. She supports abortion right up until birth and after birth. She supports that if a baby survives a botched abortion that that baby die on a cold metal tray. And none of you ever try to get her to talk about her stance,” the candidate continued.

So the democrats support abortion on demand with NO LIMITATIONS WHATSOEVER. Some might suggest THAT position is "extreme:"

1665163719184.png

Oops! Who's the "extremists" now?

EatTheRich

President
That was the issue she was referencing, but that's not what she said - she made it appear to be a "generalization," wouldn't you agree? Shouldn't she be politely asked to clarify that statement?
Sure. A media that fulfilled its duty to the public would already have insisted on such.

EatTheRich

President
Let's contrast Ms. Jean-Pierre's comments on the matter with Ms. Lake's:

Lake has said that if elected she would enforce Arizona’s bygone abortion ban, a law on the books before Roe v. Wade was passed a half-century ago. It prohibited abortions and criminalized abortionists. When pressed on her position, Lake said she supports “saving as many lives as possible” and then turned the question back on the reporter.

“What I really want to know, and I've been waiting, I tune into you guys all the time, I want to know where Katie Hobbs stands. I never hear you guys ask her that,” Lake said.

Let me tell you where she stands. She supports abortion right up until birth and after birth. She supports that if a baby survives a botched abortion that that baby die on a cold metal tray. And none of you ever try to get her to talk about her stance,” the candidate continued.

So the democrats support abortion on demand with NO LIMITATIONS WHATSOEVER. Some might suggest THAT position is "extreme:"

View attachment 72638

Oops! Who's the "extremists" now?
Extreme for liberty?

middleview

President
Supporting Member

View attachment 72633

View attachment 72634

View attachment 72635

Oops!
Once again an out of context quote. To be accurate, she was talking about abortion.

Vast Majority Of Americans Don’t Want Abortion Bans, Poll Finds—Even In States Where It’s Already Outlawed

Only a quarter of Americans want their state to ban abortion now that the Supreme Court has overturned Roe v. Wade

Vast Majority Of Americans Don’t Want Abortion Bans, Poll Finds—Even In States Where It’s Already Outlawed (forbes.com)

Raoul_Luke

Once again an out of context quote. To be accurate, she was talking about abortion.

Vast Majority Of Americans Don’t Want Abortion Bans, Poll Finds—Even In States Where It’s Already Outlawed

Only a quarter of Americans want their state to ban abortion now that the Supreme Court has overturned Roe v. Wade

Vast Majority Of Americans Don’t Want Abortion Bans, Poll Finds—Even In States Where It’s Already Outlawed (forbes.com)
And clearly said that if you aren't with the majority on that issue, you are an "extremist." So why aren't they "extremists" for thinking Brandon is doing a great job?

Raoul_Luke

Harvard Poll: 72 Percent Oppose Abortion Beyond 15-Week – JONATHAN TURLEY

Clearly by Ms. Jean-Pierre's own definition, she is an extremist.