• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

We are loosing too many posters due to our Grumpiness -

MaryAnne

Governor
Grumpiness?
Ohhh Queen. It's gone far beyond that.
There are trolls here.
They need to leave.
I disagree. No one needs to leave. We need an attitude adjustment.

I see many of the faithful still here.

Has Gramps posted lately? Red Cloud if fine. Wish he would come back,too.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

Too many want to be the troll, but only want the others trolling to be acted upon.
Some want more stringent, others less.
Heavy policing say some.
Too much policing say others.

and on and on.

So wish some of the old faithful would return... but...

Jen

Senator

I want to see this board succeed.
When I can't post anything without it being lied about, without me being lied about, without the post being bombed, I leave for a while. I have another board that has accepted me and that I enjoy.

If a time comes when this board is too negative and I am more solidly in the other board, then I will just rarely post here at all. That is how it will be. I've given this board more than enough chance to do well and I'm still doing that.

Look at Bugs's reply to me on the thread asking that we be civil:

https://www.politicaljack.com/threads/want-to-try-something-different.82564/#post-1351345

This is where it starts and people that constantly lie and troll ruin the board.

Jen

Senator
Too many want to be the troll, but only want the others trolling to be acted upon.
Heavy policing say some.

and on and on.

I am old and faithful.
I try not to troll, but the definition of trolling changes. It's become so that if I post conservative thought, I am a troll. At least that's what I'm told.
My faithfulness is nearing an end as I am enjoying my other board more every day.

MaryAnne

Governor
Jen, so many of the posters here are so ingrained in old feuds,habits it is impossible to know who started what.

I am back here to post, not get involved. I see Arkady, Max and others are having a serious discussion on the economy. I will try to stick with that for the time I am here.

I am really surprised to see some of the good posters,here. I misjudged Max. I will not do that a second time.

MaryAnne

Governor
Heavy policing say some.

and on and on.

I do too,Phil. Surprising how many good posters are still here.

I have never had a problem, especially with moderation.and admire you for staying .

Last edited by a moderator:

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I do too,Phil. Surprising how many good posters are still here.

I have never had a problem, especially with moderation.and admire you for staying .

well, just to be cruel, I added a space between your 'problem, especially' above:Dand moved the last period over two spaces. just to be mean, cause I wield such awesome power...

bwah ha ha ha... <cough> i need a smoke....

Last edited:

Barbella

Senator
well, just to be cruel, I added a space between your 'problem, especially' above. and moved the last period over two spaces. just to be mean, cause I wield such awesome power...

Yeah, but what's with the period between "above" and "and"? As in "above.and". Fix that, will ya?

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
well, just to be cruel, I added a space between your 'problem, especially' above:Dand moved the last period over two spaces. just to be mean, cause I wield such awesome power...

I tried to quit smoking several times but finally did. Hardest thing I ever did, but also one of the most satisfying.

Jen

Senator
Jen, so many of the posters here are so ingrained in old feuds,habits it is impossible to know who started what.

I am back here to post, not get involved. I see Arkady, Max and others are having a serious discussion on the economy. I will try to stick with that for the time I am here.

I am really surprised to see some of the good posters,here. I misjudged Max. I will not do that a second time.
I try to stick to the topics, but some posters here continually hit me with the old stuff. I am so tired of that I don't know what to do. Arkady can be exasperating but not always. Max is a good poster. I'm glad he has joined us. You and I don't agree on some things, MaryAnne, but we do agree on many others. It's better to focus on what we do agree on I think and be kind on the things we don't agree on.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
I am old and faithful.
I try not to troll, but the definition of trolling changes. It's become so that if I post conservative thought, I am a troll. At least that's what I'm told.
My faithfulness is nearing an end as I am enjoying my other board more every day.
Me too, although I admit to being guilty of it at times. It's like the 10% Rules posted below. As for definition of troll, no, Jen, it doesn't change. Just because a poster calls you a troll doesn't mean you are. They are only correct if you fit the definition. Same goes for any label they choose to apply. It only fits if it is true, it's not true just because they say it is.

10% Rules
1. 10% of any group are a**holes. Nuns, teachers, neighbors, any group.

2. 10% of the people cause 90% of the problems.

3. We're all a**holes 10% of the time.

Jen

Senator
Me too, although I admit to being guilty of it at times. It's like the 10% Rules posted below. As for definition of troll, no, Jen, it doesn't change. Just because a poster calls you a troll doesn't mean you are. They are only correct if you fit the definition. Same goes for any label they choose to apply. It only fits if it is true, it's not true just because they say it is.

10% Rules
1. 10% of any group are a**holes. Nuns, teachers, neighbors, any group.

2. 10% of the people cause 90% of the problems.

3. We're all a**holes 10% of the time.
No doubt.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
I try to stick to the topics, but some posters here continually hit me with the old stuff. I am so tired of that I don't know what to do. Arkady can be exasperating but not always. Max is a good poster. I'm glad he has joined us. You and I don't agree on some things, MaryAnne, but we do agree on many others. It's better to focus on what we do agree on I think and be kind on the things we don't agree on.
Let it go. Be a Duck and let it run off your back like rain water.

Those who know you know what they say isn't true. Those who know you can see the difference between a simple mistake or error such as a typo or the Bugs gif thing and a deliberate action such as a poster who twists another's words into something not actually said.

Example, on the "Two killers escape...", Dino clearly posted that he believed the death penalty should only be applied "in the most heinous or egregious cases" yet two other posters went on for several posts and a few days about how Dino was a "Monster" who wanted "to kill 460,000 to 500,000 people." That is clearly untrue and, IMO, the other two posters are guilty of trolling, lying and harassing. Should Dino accept their false accusations? Of course not. Neither should you.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
on again off again thing for me...
It's not easy. No amount of drugs, treatments or anything else will work unless you really want to quit. If you do decide to quit, the nicotine addiction is broken in 72 hours. After that, it's all in the head.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
It's not easy. No amount of drugs, treatments or anything else will work unless you really want to quit. If you do decide to quit, the nicotine addiction is broken in 72 hours. After that, it's all in the head.
yep. i always go cold turkey.

MaryAnne

Governor

How dare you!! Will you correct my IPad Spell Checks,too? I make enough mistakes on my own, but SP really comes up with some doozies. See what it does with that word:p

MaryAnne

Governor
Getting cancer has caused many to quit. On others they can not wait to get out to smoke again.
check it out now... :)

All right,enough of changing my posts. You all know I hate typing. I will switch on my mic and let it really upset you all. That is my Southern accent coming out.