• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

We aren't in Kansas anymore, Toto

Days

Commentator
you know the thing....

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

Well, hells bells, that didn't include black men sold on the slave market, did it, Tom? Jefferson had slaves, all his life. He did the fashionable thing, freeing them after his death. Hypocrite much? Not really, he was avante garde for his day. But what about this idea; "the pursuit of happiness"... what was he talking about? First of all, he changed Locke, the original read, "Life, Liberty, and Land" ... so he takes away the land before we even conquered it... and that was his take on it, European man came here and conquered, I guess that's why the Spanish called them conquistadors. But what the hell is "the pursuit of happiness"?

In this framework, I believe it means the right to work. If you have a better take, I'm all ears.

America was certainly not the beginning of capitalism, but it was the first place where it became holy ground. You have an unalienable right from the Almighty to earn a buck in this land... or at least you used to have that right, but I guess, not anymore. We aren't in Kansas anymore, Toto... I don't recall any flying monkeys in Kansas, or talking scarecrows, or work place lock-downs for a stinking virus. Did you know that the guy wrote that crazy nightmare story as an allegory to reinstating the silver dollar? follow the yellow brick road; mint the silver dollars the same way we minted gold dollars... the mantra of turn-of-the-century Democrats. Did you know you could stake a claim for a mine based purely upon having got there first? Did you know you could take silver out of the mine and bring it to a minter and mint your own silver dollars? That's why they killed the silver dollar, because scarcity is sacred to any currency and we hit the mother lode in Wyoming; the biggest silver vein in the history of the world. Did you know the guy was a German man named Thaler, moved to Spain, minted the Spanish galleons of silver and put his name on each coin... Thalers... the Spanish are going to pronounce that "dollars". The English heard the Spanish and wrote what they heard in English, transliteration... happens all the time, Joshua becomes Jesus, it is the same name.

America means land of corn. Corn is what the natives taught us to plant. Wheat is from the old world. Wheat is water intensive. We grow more wheat than any nation on earth, we grow as much wheat as the rest of the world put together. We do that because we can. The Mississippi watershed contains as much water as the rest of the world's rivers put together. That's why we are rich. But when you are rich, especially if your riches are wheat, that's when the Romans come and steal your riches; because they have to feed their armies... just ask Egypt.

We have an unalienable right to work. "Unalienable" means you can not take away the right, it comes from God. We hold these truths to be self-evident... self-evident means they come from God. When you take away the right to work, you are fighting against God. According to Thomas Jefferson... who had slaves, and those slaves were some of the best wood workers of all time; skilled craftsmen, the best at their trade, not just for their period, for all time. Why wasn't it evident to Tom that his slaves had an unalienable right to freedom?

We just lost the republic. I don't know what the hell this place is anymore. It sure isn't America. Law is executed by command of the Governors, it isn't even written down; we've gone whole hog medieval, this isn't Marshall law, Marshall law is written down, this is the word of the king, hell, even that is written down, this is the command structure of a general in battle, this is Sherman marching through Georgia, whatever he says to burn, you burn it. Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness be damned, this is war.

War against our own. Not against a virus, you can't fight a virus, that's just stupid. Who are we fighting? Small business. You know, the non-essential guys, the little guy, the ones that work for a living. The ones we tax to death. The ones we run out of business when they get to be too big. Those guys, they are the enemy. And what about their rights? Their unalienable rights? Well, hells bells, they have the right to shelter in place, they have the right to go buy food, but they don't have the right to go to work and make money to buy that food. And how will they pay their rent and mortgages? They won't... and what happens next? riots, revolution, rape, crime galore, you name it. As soon as the money runs out. And the money will run out... unless you think Congress is going to pass out a trillion a month until the economy comes back. And what makes you think the economy is coming back? Once they take away your job, it gets onboard a flying monkey and gets locked in a castle with a wicked witch. And if you want your job back, you are on your own, those good witches sit on their asses and do nothing for you... it's the same old story... that's why the silver dollar never came back, even with half the politicians in DC fighting for it. Once you travel over the rainbow, you and your little dog are fvcked, and we just traveled over the rainbow.

Days

Commentator
Meanwhile, over the rainbow... it has been 3 weeks of lock-down and over 16 million Americans have filed for unemployment.

I saw somewhere in the news that said 75% of American workers are being sheltered at home.

total insanity

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Meanwhile, over the rainbow... it has been 3 weeks of lock-down and over 16 million Americans have filed for unemployment.

I saw somewhere in the news that said 75% of American workers are being sheltered at home.

total insanity
China is winning their bio-war and buying up the West as fast as possible. Amazing how it started in Wuhan and spread all over the world other than CHINA and now they are back open and no new cases or deaths.

BS

Days

Commentator
China is winning their bio-war and buying up the West as fast as possible. Amazing how it started in Wuhan and spread all over the world other than CHINA and now they are back open and no new cases or deaths.

BS
Listen to the numbers. The CDC was clearly lying to us. Have you noticed that the media is reporting two opposites at the same time? On the one hand, we are suddenly peaking, our hospitals are overwhelmed, there isn't enough beds for all the patients, we are losing the war! On the other hand, the actual numbers are turning out to be 20% of what was predicted, hospitals are mostly empty, and Trump won't even need to ship that stock pile of ventilators anywhere; they are not needed. Now, both of those scenarios were being reported yesterday, and they are mutually exclusive, only one can be true, the other is a lie. Guess which one is true:

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
you know the thing....

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

Well, hells bells, that didn't include black men sold on the slave market, did it, Tom? Jefferson had slaves, all his life. He did the fashionable thing, freeing them after his death. Hypocrite much? Not really, he was avante garde for his day. But what about this idea; "the pursuit of happiness"... what was he talking about? First of all, he changed Locke, the original read, "Life, Liberty, and Land" ... so he takes away the land before we even conquered it... and that was his take on it, European man came here and conquered, I guess that's why the Spanish called them conquistadors. But what the hell is "the pursuit of happiness"?

In this framework, I believe it means the right to work. If you have a better take, I'm all ears.

America was certainly not the beginning of capitalism, but it was the first place where it became holy ground. You have an unalienable right from the Almighty to earn a buck in this land... or at least you used to have that right, but I guess, not anymore. We aren't in Kansas anymore, Toto... I don't recall any flying monkeys in Kansas, or talking scarecrows, or work place lock-downs for a stinking virus. Did you know that the guy wrote that crazy nightmare story as an allegory to reinstating the silver dollar? follow the yellow brick road; mint the silver dollars the same way we minted gold dollars... the mantra of turn-of-the-century Democrats. Did you know you could stake a claim for a mine based purely upon having got there first? Did you know you could take silver out of the mine and bring it to a minter and mint your own silver dollars? That's why they killed the silver dollar, because scarcity is sacred to any currency and we hit the mother lode in Wyoming; the biggest silver vein in the history of the world. Did you know the guy was a German man named Thaler, moved to Spain, minted the Spanish galleons of silver and put his name on each coin... Thalers... the Spanish are going to pronounce that "dollars". The English heard the Spanish and wrote what they heard in English, transliteration... happens all the time, Joshua becomes Jesus, it is the same name.

America means land of corn. Corn is what the natives taught us to plant. Wheat is from the old world. Wheat is water intensive. We grow more wheat than any nation on earth, we grow as much wheat as the rest of the world put together. We do that because we can. The Mississippi watershed contains as much water as the rest of the world's rivers put together. That's why we are rich. But when you are rich, especially if your riches are wheat, that's when the Romans come and steal your riches; because they have to feed their armies... just ask Egypt.

We have an unalienable right to work. "Unalienable" means you can not take away the right, it comes from God. We hold these truths to be self-evident... self-evident means they come from God. When you take away the right to work, you are fighting against God. According to Thomas Jefferson... who had slaves, and those slaves were some of the best wood workers of all time; skilled craftsmen, the best at their trade, not just for their period, for all time. Why wasn't it evident to Tom that his slaves had an unalienable right to freedom?

We just lost the republic. I don't know what the hell this place is anymore. It sure isn't America. Law is executed by command of the Governors, it isn't even written down; we've gone whole hog medieval, this isn't Marshall law, Marshall law is written down, this is the word of the king, hell, even that is written down, this is the command structure of a general in battle, this is Sherman marching through Georgia, whatever he says to burn, you burn it. Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness be damned, this is war.

War against our own. Not against a virus, you can't fight a virus, that's just stupid. Who are we fighting? Small business. You know, the non-essential guys, the little guy, the ones that work for a living. The ones we tax to death. The ones we run out of business when they get to be too big. Those guys, they are the enemy. And what about their rights? Their unalienable rights? Well, hells bells, they have the right to shelter in place, they have the right to go buy food, but they don't have the right to go to work and make money to buy that food. And how will they pay their rent and mortgages? They won't... and what happens next? riots, revolution, rape, crime galore, you name it. As soon as the money runs out. And the money will run out... unless you think Congress is going to pass out a trillion a month until the economy comes back. And what makes you think the economy is coming back? Once they take away your job, it gets onboard a flying monkey and gets locked in a castle with a wicked witch. And if you want your job back, you are on your own, those good witches sit on their asses and do nothing for you... it's the same old story... that's why the silver dollar never came back, even with half the politicians in DC fighting for it. Once you travel over the rainbow, you and your little dog are fvcked, and we just traveled over the rainbow.
Martial Law, not Marshall Law.

Days

Commentator
Martial Law, not Marshall Law.
thanks

Is it legal? I understand curfews, but curfews are not what we are dealing with. Does the government have the Constitutional authority to shut down businesses that have not broken the law?

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
thanks

Is it legal? I understand curfews, but curfews are not what we are dealing with. Does the government have the Constitutional authority to shut down businesses that have not broken the law?
In times of crises, they do but according to AG William Barr, as I understand him, it's not a blank check. They can't do it forever.
In my opinion we are getting very close to making waves to shut down this shutdown. It's more than clear that the pandemic is being overstated and our Bill of Rights is being trampled on.
The [Expletive Deleted] democrats are trying to cripple the economy in hopes that it will help them beat Trump in November. I personally have had enough of this horseshit.

Days

Commentator
In times of crises, they do but according to AG William Barr, as I understand him, it's not a blank check. They can't do it forever.
In my opinion we are getting very close to making waves to shut down this shutdown. It's more than clear that the pandemic is being overstated and our Bill of Rights is being trampled on.
The [Expletive Deleted] democrats are trying to cripple the economy in hopes that it will help them beat Trump in November. I personally have had enough of this horseshit.
So, by declaring a state of emergency, it really looks like a blank check to me... I'm not asking if it is right or wrong, I'm just wondering about the mechanism, because this was never done before and we have had pandemics and heck, we lived through a cold war with Russia, with fears of nuclear attack, and we never closed 75% of American businesses, we never closed any American businesses before, except for legal reasons, where the businesses involved were breaking the law.

I don't think we can afford to sit complacently and watch to see how Wuhan, China recovers from their lock-down. America is not a command economy. There is no reason to think of Wuhan as a test case for our economy, we have to look real hard and real fast at what is happening to our nation. Trump extended the guidelines for a lock-down based upon completely overblown predictions from Fauci, now that we are seeing the real numbers come in at 20% of his predictions, why should we wait out the month of April? Lifting the guidelines won't result in everyone immediately returning to work, each state has its own govern-ship and the lock-down is being ordered on the state level. I think we need to get out of this thing as fast as we possibly can.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Trump is the president, republicans control the Senate...but you blame the democrats.

Figures.

Days

Commentator
Trump is the president, republicans control the Senate...but you blame the democrats.

Figures.
No, he didn't, do you ever read anything honest on this forum? He said that the Attorney General's opinion of the law is that a crisis can not last forever. He said that he sees political indicators that Trump is ready to start moving the federal guidelines back to work. He said Democrats want to stretch this out as far as possible to use it to win the election in November. And he said that he was personally fed up with the whole charade.

Nothing there about blaming Democrats for anything.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
No, he didn't, do you ever read anything honest on this forum? He said that the Attorney General's opinion of the law is that a crisis can not last forever. He said that he sees political indicators that Trump is ready to start moving the federal guidelines back to work. He said Democrats want to stretch this out as far as possible to use it to win the election in November. And he said that he was personally fed up with the whole charade.

Really? This is what he wrote.
The [Expletive Deleted] democrats are trying to cripple the economy in hopes that it will help them beat Trump in November.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
thanks

That would be no.

Days

Commentator
That would be no.
That's what I thought. People are equating this to a quarantine, but this is not a quarantine. It is a lock-down and lock-downs are only legal if you have already been found guilty of a crime and had your liberties stripped from you as a consequence of your conviction. But here we are, basically all placed under house arrest, and we have not been found guilty of crimes. I don't get it; how is this constitutional? I agree with the top post that warned of massive law suits against the government for stripping workers of their jobs. I don't think the Governor of our state has the legal right to shut down businesses that have not committed a crime.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
That's what I thought. People are equating this to a quarantine, but this is not a quarantine. It is a lock-down and lock-downs are only legal if you have already been found guilty of a crime and had your liberties stripped from you as a consequence of your conviction. But here we are, basically all placed under house arrest, and we have not been found guilty of crimes. I don't get it; how is this constitutional? I agree with the top post that warned of massive law suits against the government for stripping workers of their jobs. I don't think the Governor of our state has the legal right to shut down businesses that have not committed a crime.
That's nothing - I just had @EatTheRich bitching about "forcing" the 'refugees" into immigrating "illegally." So, according to the left, we can force Americans to stay home, but not foreigners. Doesn't that beat all???

Days

Commentator
I blame the Democrats because they are the ones f**king up the country.
Well, this happened on Trump's watch. This guy in this video does a pretty good round-up of what all the top financial people are thinking...

Lockdown Reality: 17 MILLION Unemployed in 3 Weeks!
•Apr 9, 2020

I still think there's a chance of bouncing right back if Trump would hit the panic button and drop this lock-down cold. He actually had the right idea, when he said let's aim for Easter, he should have stuck to his guns. His re-election is not going to depend on this charade pandemic, his re-election is going to depend on how quick he pulls out of this lock-down. Waiting for May 1st, is like waiting for the first half dozen nails to be driven in the coffin's lid before trying to bring the economy back to life.

Days

Commentator
Really? This is what he wrote.
The [Expletive Deleted] democrats are trying to cripple the economy in hopes that it will help them beat Trump in November.
So, what do you think of this take on Joe Biden's chances....

Krystal says one sentence in the middle of that, where she astutely points out that if we have 30% unemployment, it is going to make a difference. Well duh, yeah, it will make all the difference in the world. Would you be willing to admit that Biden Democrats are rooting for that? Because I see that happening in the comments section all over the internet.

EatTheRich

President
Well, this happened on Trump's watch. This guy in this video does a pretty good round-up of what all the top financial people are thinking...

Lockdown Reality: 17 MILLION Unemployed in 3 Weeks!
•Apr 9, 2020

I still think there's a chance of bouncing right back if Trump would hit the panic button and drop this lock-down cold. He actually had the right idea, when he said let's aim for Easter, he should have stuck to his guns. His re-election is not going to depend on this charade pandemic, his re-election is going to depend on how quick he pulls out of this lock-down. Waiting for May 1st, is like waiting for the first half dozen nails to be driven in the coffin's lid before trying to bring the economy back to life.
If millions die and then the economy collapses because he pulls out of lockdown against medical prudence, he won’t have much chance.