• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Weak.

It's ridiculous, they could have shot this down over the mountains etc. its not like they did not see it entering our Airspace.

Our President is a joke, a really bad one and the world knows.

Zam-Zam

Senator
I don't really understand the military value of using a balloon for reconnaissance when intel is so easily gathered using satellites. There may be some, but I don't pretend to know what it would be.

Or perhaps the balloon is intended for some other purpose. Whatever that might be, it seems unlikely to be good for us.
True.

Politics is perception and the perception of this is a Giant Middle Finger to the country...... and we are just watching it float around.... as our ummm esteemed "President" weighs his options.......

He probably thinks it belongs to corn pop....

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I don't really understand the military value of using a balloon for reconnaissance when intel is so easily gathered using satellites. There may be some, but I don't pretend to know what it would be.

Or perhaps the balloon is intended for some other purpose. Whatever that might be, it seems unlikely to be good for us.
To me it seems the military value to China is self evident. it literally just floated a military reconnaissance apparatus over our country. And it remains there. I believe it's over NORAD or thereabouts. Perhaps the next one will carry a tiny nuke on it, and boop, no more NORAD

Now China knows it can float its balloons over our territory unimpeded

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
So brazen. It’s spying and apparently it’s okay.
For all we know it has a little nuke strapped to it. Think about that. A foreign entity just floated a military apparatus over our country, I believe around NORAD or thereabouts who knows. But in any event, it's staggering. Calmly and without reaction the Chinese moved and apparatus over our airspace and our military calmly observes.

TBLee

Governor
For all we know it has a little nuke strapped to it. Think about that. A foreign entity just floated a military apparatus over our country, I believe around NORAD or thereabouts who knows. But in any event, it's staggering. Calmly and without reaction the Chinese moved and apparatus over our airspace and our military calmly observes.
This never should have been allowed to happen.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
1. Are you people 100% sure it is Chinese?

2. Let's start ww3 over a balloon - that will show them we aren't weak ! You war mongers and your lust for losing human lives - that aren't yours........

the current theory is that this is simply intended as distraction. similar to trolls, election interference, Tik-tok, facebook politics, etc.

It's hard to imagine that the nation which recently landed a robot on the dark side of the moon, and has sent men into orbit, is relying on 1950's tech for spying.

but yes - shoot it down anyway, and see what instruments are in the gondola.

there's evidently a second one cruising at 70,000 feet over canada.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
the current theory is that this is simply intended as distraction. similar to trolls, election interference, Tik-tok, facebook politics, etc.

It's hard to imagine that the nation which recently landed a robot on the dark side of the moon, and has sent men into orbit, is relying on 1950's tech for spying.

No we used to scramble fighter jets just to assess what other nations airplanes we're doing in our airspace, and not even over the continental US. Now we literally have a foreign Nations device over sensitive areas of the country and their responses not to worry no concerns..

write on

Senator

Remember, Japan did the same during WWII.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Now China knows it can float something unnoticed and unimpeded all the way to Montana.

Now we all know it.