• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Weekly jobless claims plunge to 199,000, the lowest level in more than 50 years

EatTheRich

President
Right? How do you determine someone’s legal status in a country like the USA?
According to a perhaps apocryphal story I heard, when Spanish dictator Francisco Franco calculated that it was the best thing to do to help his regime, he gave the order that since Ferdinand and Isabella had unjustly expelled the Jews from Spain, any Sephardic Jews … Jews with Spanish ancestry … among the refugees who were massing on Spain’s border with German-occupied France to avoid deportation to Drancy and Auschwitz were to be allowed to “return” to Spain. Franco’s underling asked, “How will I know which ones are Sephardic?” His answer: “They are all Sephardic.”

Franco was a vile reactionary fascist bigot, an intolerant Catholic, and an anti-Semite, but the brief coincidence between his ambition and his remaining shred of humanity is credited with having saved 40,000 Jews. If we likewise answer, “They are all legal,” to your question, perhaps we will save many of those who’ve inherited their situation.

reason10

Governor
Because you appear shocked that restaurants have trouble hiring. As for bottom tier IT roles like those, you don’t really need much other than showing you’re willing to learn.

I wouldn’t call that a role that requires a “living wage”. It’s a role for young people to explore the field before choosing to grind away at the blue collar aspect of IT or enroll for college. But it’s definitely much better than working at a restaurant or cleaning up old peoples excrements as a nurse assistant.

Real entry level IT roles like security, network, cloud, DevOps, SRE internships pay even more than that for college juniors and seniors. This is the same for our offices in Houston, Atlanta, Denver, Ralieghs as it is for SF and NYC.
See, when you use idiotic terms like "Living Wage" you give it away. You don't know anything. You haven't done anything.

Real business owners are busy creating REAL living wages, instead of sitting in their parents' basements and pretending to be adults.

HermanCainAwarder

Council Member
See, when you use idiotic terms like "Living Wage" you give it away. You don't know anything. You haven't done anything.

Real business owners are busy creating REAL living wages, instead of sitting in their parents' basements and pretending to be adults.
I quoted you on that one brightness.

Then why are you complaining about restaurants and other low paying jobs lacking workers?

You just went full circle on that one. Are we suffering from dementia here?

Obviously you’re the most well educated and biggest earner here. Anyone can see that from a mile away.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Well it’s in an upper middle class suburb in Houston. My renters for that property are dual income engineer and new grad pediatrician with perfect credit scores just trying to build their nest before starting a family. Politically, they’re probably what the majority of Houston is. Deposit was $3.5k and they’ve been paying rent on time the the past 7 months so I’m not worried.

Not sure how much someone would get from unemployment, but I doubt it be enough to even cover rent unless you have 40 or 50 babies.
When an engineer and a doctor must Rent things must be worse in America than known, educated people of that caliber should know Rent is same as throwing money away when they can buy cheaper and own. Especially if deposit is $3 1/2 grand and Rent is $16,250 monthly (assuming deposit is 1st and last month rent)

Appears lockdown coming again with South African variant yeah, don't worry.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Right? How do you determine someone’s legal status in a country like the USA?
In "rural" America everyone knows everyone or knows someone that knows everyone and it's easy to know who is illegal and who they are working for and to know illegals are on welfare.

Especially when their kids are born here and Anchor baby laws make the illegals kids Citizens and capable of getting welfare, hell many get WIC before the illegals baby is born!

Witnessed often at grocery stores.

EatTheRich

President
I quoted you on that one brightness.

Actually, you quoted another poster when you used that idiotic term "Living Wage."

Then why are you complaining about restaurants and other low paying jobs lacking workers?

I complained about the fact that Dumbass Joe is paying the low wage workers to stay home. There is no such thing as a living wage. That's something only idiots say.

Obviously you’re the most well educated and biggest earner here. Anyone can see that from a mile away.

Apparently it doesn't take a lot to be the most well educated here. Only a handful of conservatives here have any brains at all. The rest of the numbnuts have a Florida Third Grade intelligence level.

As far as my earnings, let's just say that I'm in a job I like, doing work I like doing. It pays the bills, (as difficult as that is these days, with Inflate Jim at the helm.) I don't envy people who make more than I do. I don't look down on people who make less than I do. As far as what that job is, I've learned from experience that the woke people here are a bunch of thugs when it comes to doxing someone who disagrees with them. I've already been threatened by one scumbag, which is why I wisely kept my profession, (other than the part time substitute teaching gig) a secret.

And you are a child. Anyone can recognize your tantrums from less than a mile away. You need to grow up. People WILL disagree with you, (especially since you're wrong about a lot of things.)
A “living wage” means a wage sufficient to cover the cost of subsistence. The existence of jobs that do not pay at least that wage proves that our economic system requires systematic killing through starvation to function.