• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Welcome New, Infrequent, And Returning Members

Minotaur

Governor
Welcome to all our New and Returning Members. The following is a brief tutorial to help you navigate Political Jack more easily.

For easy navigation, use the tabs at the top of your page. First, please introduce yourself to us here on the Introductions forum. We are glad you are here. Introducing yourself is the best first step to start your posting here on Political Jack.

1. Inbox: On the top, right side of the page is your Inbox. You can carry on private "Conversations" with other posters here. Just write the conversation, add the poster monikers (up to 15) and give your conversation a title. You will be alerted to responses by a little red number posted by the word "Inbox".

2. Alerts: To the right of the Inbox is your Alert box. This box shows you posts that have been posted since your last visit (with a little red number) according to your preferences. To designate what type of alert you wish to see, scroll over the word "Alerts" and you will see a drop-down box. At the bottom of that box you will see "Alert Preferences". Click and you will get a menu of Alert Preferences. Check the ones you want. The Alerts you receive can help you focus on what you might want to respond to first.

3. Your Name: To the left of the Inbox tab you will see your name. Click on that to see your profile page. Change or add to that and the tabs you will see there to your liking.

Don't hesitate to click the other tabs you see on Political Jack. The New Post and Recent Post tabs will lead you to a list of the most popular posts at the moment. These tabs will include posts from all forums, so don't hesitate to use them as you read. Using your Alerts, New Posts, and Recent Posts tabs, you can quickly navigate what is happening in real time, then, at your leisure read deeper into what is being posted on Political Jack.

Welcome and do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dar-al-Islam

Council Member
test - seeing if this works - duh!

test test test

In an effort to help Infrequent, Returning, and New Members we have added a few new services to help you navigate Political Jack more easily. The first thing you need to know is where your PM messages can be found. The "Notifications" is located at the upper right side of your browser. You will know if you have a PM from anyone as the number of messages are displayed as a default setting. Simply click on "Notifications" to read your PM's. Later you may turn "Notifications" on or off depending on what you prefer.

Here are some of the new features:

1. New Member PM: New members will be receiving a PM upon arrival with links and explanations about the most frustrating issues most new posters face like how to post topposts, answer posts, and many of the immediate how-to needs. Additionally, New, Infrequent, and Returning members may PM Minotaur or Jen to receive a Welcome PM if you did not receive one initially.

2. Moderator Mentor: Moderators will be assigned to any New, Infrequent, or Returning member upon request to help you in your first weeks of posting so anyone in these categories may send request to Jen or Minotaur to assign a Moderator or you may directly ask the Moderator of your choice by PM'ing them. They will be pleased to help make that entry easier for you. However you request this, be sure to mention "Moderator Mentor" so we know to help you for a couple weeks while you learn your way around.

3. Ask For Help: Our biggest Welcome asset are the knowledgeable posters who post here in Political Jack as they do take a break from Politics to answer questions about anything not listed in stickies. Do take advantage of that by asking posters for help. A Toppost posted to the General Board always gets poster responses with good tips. Do not hesitate to ask - we have all asked as we learned.

More is coming soon so for now everyone in Political Jack offers our "Welcome" and "Welcome Back" and we look forward to reading your contributions in PJ.

Min & Jen

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Hi. My name is Sunset Rose. (That's not my real name, that was the scent of the fabric softner my daughter bought me yesterday and I like the sound of it) I am a middle aged woman who lives in the Central Valley area of California. I'm a lifelong Democrat; I consider myself a moderate on most issues. I love politics and history. After reading some of the posts here, I think I'm going to like it. Looking forward to debating with you folks.

Jen

Senator
Hi. My name is Sunset Rose. (That's not my real name, that was the scent of the fabric softner my daughter bought me yesterday and I like the sound of it) I am a middle aged woman who lives in the Central Valley area of California. I'm a lifelong Democrat; I consider myself a moderate on most issues. I love politics and history. After reading some of the posts here, I think I'm going to like it. Looking forward to debating with you folks.
Hello Sunset Rose. Welcome. Things can get a bit brutal here sometimes but we're mostly an amiable crowd.

The information in the top post here made by Minotaur is an old one that was posted when Min and I were moderators (last year). I'm not sure that the present group of moderators offer mentoring in a specific sense. The format has changed and we no longer have PM's in that form but we have "conversation" ability which is pretty much the same thing as a PM. And, if you have any questions, feel free to ask in the appropriate forum and someone will be glad to answer.

Jump right in and start talking and don't be put off if someone gets in your face. It happens and it's okay.

Jen

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Hello Sunset Rose. Welcome. Things can get a bit brutal here sometimes but we're mostly an amiable crowd.

The information in the top post here made by Minotaur is an old one that was posted when Min and I were moderators (last year). I'm not sure that the present group of moderators offer mentoring in a specific sense. The format has changed and we no longer have PM's in that form but we have "conversation" ability which is pretty much the same thing as a PM. And, if you have any questions, feel free to ask in the appropriate forum and someone will be glad to answer.

Jump right in and start talking and don't be put off if someone gets in your face. It happens and it's okay.

Jen
Thank you very much, Jen:)

BobbyT

Governor
Welcome Sunset Rose!

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome.

The navigation and posting is straightforward. The personalities too... In a few days you'll have a solid grasp of both...

Best regards.

Emmliy

Council Member
Hi ,my name is Rose ,I come from China,I have many hobbies,like ,mountain climbing, running, singing and so on. I like making friends all around the world. wish everyone enjoy your happy time.

NightSwimmer

Senator
Hi ,my name is Rose ,I come from China,I have many hobbies,like ,mountain climbing, running, singing and so on. I like making friends all around the world. wish everyone enjoy your happy time.
It's great to have international participation, but your avatar gives the impression of a commercial spam-bot.

MaryAnne

Governor

Welcome Sunset Rose! Feel right at home! Kick off your shoes and stay a spell!:)

Refugee from a long ago A&E Network site, perhaps, are yee, Rose, the word 'History' giveth you away then? If not forgive me, how rude can one get? But if yee be the lady I refer to, yee already know.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
Hi,

I'm BP, and I was here for a while some time ago.

Now I'm back, and I would love to have a Moderator Mentor (I'm hoping for Connie or Mino).

Jen

Senator
Hi,

I'm BP, and I was here for a while some time ago.

Now I'm back, and I would love to have a Moderator Mentor (I'm hoping for Connie or Mino).
But, but.....BP...............you WERE a Moderator.
You could mentor yourself!! What a good idea!:p:p
Minotaur is no longer a moderator.
Neither am I.
Our active moderators are connie and PhilFish.
Friday may be a moderator but I never see her here and haven't for a very long time.

Maybe connie will help you out though if you're nice. ;)

It's nice to see you back.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
But, but.....BP...............you WERE a Moderator.
You could mentor yourself!! What a good idea!:p:p
Minotaur is no longer a moderator.
Neither am I.
Our active moderators are connie and PhilFish.
Friday may be a moderator but I never see her here and haven't for a very long time.

Maybe connie will help you out though if you're nice. ;)

It's nice to see you back.
Thanks, Jen.

To be honest, they're all good, you foremost among them, and I would love having any number of you as mentors though I'm not sure about that Gringo fellow. He seems weak.

Jen

Senator
Thanks, Jen.

To be honest, they're all good, you foremost among them, and I would love having any number of you as mentors though I'm not sure about that Gringo fellow. He seems weak.
You know how to jump right in. I remember that.
If you have any questions just post them or ask one of us in a "conversation"........ I'm sure gringo was just ribbin' ya.