• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Welcome New, Infrequent, And Returning Members

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Too good. Rick Danko was a great singer and songwriter. He came right from the heart. RIP Ricky...
Yeah, I agree, I loved his music. I hated it when he died. Then Levon died and that was the end of The Band. I looked up Garth Hudson. He is still alive, 82 years old. He was with the Flying Burrito Brothers. I didn't know that.
You ever heard of Goose Creek Symphony? I used to really like that group.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Yeah, I agree, I loved his music. I hated it when he died. Then Levon died and that was the end of The Band. I looked up Garth Hudson. He is still alive, 82 years old. He was with the Flying Burrito Brothers. I didn't know that.
Stage Fright from the Last Waltz, Rick Danko at his best too........I loved the Burrito Brothers...Gram Parsons left us much too young but he gave us Emmy Lou. Not sure about Goose Creek, but if any of the same guys are involved, it must be good.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Stage Fright from the Last Waltz, Rick Danko at his best too........I loved the Burrito Brothers...Gram Parsons left us much too young but he gave us Emmy Lou. Not sure about Goose Creek, but if any of the same guys are involved, it must be good.
They've been around a long time. The band may be made up of their kids and grandkids by now.
https://www.google.com/search?q=goose+creek+symphony+albums&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS745US745&oq=Goose+Creek+Symphony&aqs=chrome.4.0l8.18671j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Bear Claw

President

Did I also understand that you are a writer??

Fiction, Mystery ??

Wahbooz

Governor
It's different but not bad. But it's hard to beat the original. Robertson just doesn't seem to age. Rick Danko, not long before he died, was embarrassingly incapable of singing his previous great songs.
This is one of my favorites although I pretty much like everything they did.
Hahaha, man now that made me think about the moonshine garage station in Oklahoma City. Robbie was one hell of a lot younger in that video, but he don't look bad for his age of 76.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Hahaha, man now that made me think about the moonshine garage station in Oklahoma City. Robbie was one hell of a lot younger in that video, but he don't look bad for his age of 76.
I really loved their music. Thanks to modern technology, like we're using right now, we can still remember it and share it when they are gone and we're fortunate enough to still be on top of the grass.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Any available online??
They are available through my publisher. I'm a little reluctant to send info to a Lib but let me think on it.
I sent the info to Wabooz but I've known him for at least a hundred years. I don't want personal info spread all over this forum.

Bear Claw

President
They are available through my publisher. I'm a little reluctant to send info to a Lib but let me think on it.
I sent the info to Wabooz but I've known him for at least a hundred years. I don't want personal info spread all over this forum.
First off, I am not a Liberal but I understand your reasons so we will stop here. OK?

Good luck on your book sales.

BC

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Do you have an online source for some of your works? Without giving your personal information? I would be interested in reading some of it.
Or in a PM give me a hardback book suggestion, it may or may not be your works that way you can still have your privacy. My wife loves novels and nonfiction bios.

Last edited:

YJ02

Council Member
I am hoping I have landed at a place where the minds are open, actually opened not just stated as such.

You know, so when someone,like me, a libertarian (note no capital "L") who tries his best to stay independent in socio-political thought, can come and say something like:

"Overall, I don't like Trump, but I do think he has done a few good things, like the First Step act and not bombing foreign nations as a first choice as well as getting us disengaged from the middle east"

but then, without hesitation I am accused of this statement being some kind of code like "I am really a MAGA hat wearing trumpster and i am here to disrupt your conversation"

My questions then never get answered and the whole "Shout down, shut down" method goes into effect on anything I post.

the ugly head of Binary Bias has definitely set its claws into the current socio-political climate more then ever.

Sad

I see what is going on now ,not the impeachment but the way that either side's supporters are becoming so verbally abusive to one another and so retracted from discussion and entrenched in their political foxholes as a result of something that started at least 30 yrs ago.

When people started to more and more use personal attacks and gotcha politics,when dems and gop stopped having the exchange of ideas in the search for compromise discarded in favor of finding ways to discredit a person instead of finding ways to discredit the policies they were forwarding.

So, hopefully, I can find some conversation here?

I am a 53 yr old man. I am a 20 yr retiree of the US Army. After retirement, I completed a couple of under grad degrees and a master's all in time to have my service connected injuries take me out of the workforce (grrrrrr!!)

So now, my wife and I work on the gardens and fruit trees we have, I have a large koi pond I built myself and we recently adopted our granddaughter.

"Jobs" of whole different sort

I normally spend my on-line time at a sci fi forum where we do talk about many more things then sci fi, but we have now refrained from politics because it has threatened to rip apart what we have there.

So, thats why I have been looking for other places to discuss things I think are more important then the impeachment of one person who only temporarily holds one office

things related to the ordeal-- for example- "why are we and the EU giving weapons to Ukraine when,as of 2018, it is the 11th largest exporter of weapons?"(is there a thread for that?)

thanks for having me

Caroljo

Senator
and, i hope long posts are ok...i mean, its not twitter is it? :)
Welcome YJ02! I hope you've found a new home....but I'll warn you. LONG posts all the time gets tiring, we have a couple here that do it all the time and many have just decided to pass them by. I don't come here to read a book on someone else's opinions. :)

YJ02

Council Member
Welcome YJ02! I hope you've found a new home....but I'll warn you. LONG posts all the time gets tiring, we have a couple here that do it all the time and many have just decided to pass them by. I don't come here to read a book on someone else's opinions. :)
oh yeah..i get it, its not a habit, it just gets me a bit worried when some ppl seem to only participate in discussion with little short burst designed to garner likes, shares and retweets

usually i type it out, then thin it out before i post
thanks

Jen

Senator
I am hoping I have landed at a place where the minds are open, actually opened not just stated as such.

You know, so when someone,like me, a libertarian (note no capital "L") who tries his best to stay independent in socio-political thought, can come and say something like:

"Overall, I don't like Trump, but I do think he has done a few good things, like the First Step act and not bombing foreign nations as a first choice as well as getting us disengaged from the middle east"

but then, without hesitation I am accused of this statement being some kind of code like "I am really a MAGA hat wearing trumpster and i am here to disrupt your conversation"

My questions then never get answered and the whole "Shout down, shut down" method goes into effect on anything I post.

the ugly head of Binary Bias has definitely set its claws into the current socio-political climate more then ever.

Sad

I see what is going on now ,not the impeachment but the way that either side's supporters are becoming so verbally abusive to one another and so retracted from discussion and entrenched in their political foxholes as a result of something that started at least 30 yrs ago.

When people started to more and more use personal attacks and gotcha politics,when dems and gop stopped having the exchange of ideas in the search for compromise discarded in favor of finding ways to discredit a person instead of finding ways to discredit the policies they were forwarding.

So, hopefully, I can find some conversation here?

I am a 53 yr old man. I am a 20 yr retiree of the US Army. After retirement, I completed a couple of under grad degrees and a master's all in time to have my service connected injuries take me out of the workforce (grrrrrr!!)

So now, my wife and I work on the gardens and fruit trees we have, I have a large koi pond I built myself and we recently adopted our granddaughter.

"Jobs" of whole different sort

I normally spend my on-line time at a sci fi forum where we do talk about many more things then sci fi, but we have now refrained from politics because it has threatened to rip apart what we have there.

So, thats why I have been looking for other places to discuss things I think are more important then the impeachment of one person who only temporarily holds one office

things related to the ordeal-- for example- "why are we and the EU giving weapons to Ukraine when,as of 2018, it is the 11th largest exporter of weapons?"(is there a thread for that?)

thanks for having me
Welcome.