• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Welcome to America, God is great

Caroljo

Senator
She makes amazing pancit and lumpia. We feast every time we visit our son in Seattle.

I love to try new foods .........but I, too, pause at Balut.
On my!! Lumpia!!!! My first husband was in the AF and I got to be friends with a phillipino woman that showed me how to make it. I love it! But can't seem to find the wraps. Gosh that sounds good!!

Wahbooz

Governor
On my!! Lumpia!!!! My first husband was in the AF and I got to be friends with a phillipino woman that showed me how to make it. I love it! But can't seem to find the wraps. Gosh that sounds good!!
If you can find rice paper substitute that for the pastry wrap. Meijer carries rice paper, and you just soak it briefly in water.

Caroljo

Senator
Yes it is. Interesting a Filipino would be making it, but since I love Filipino food I'd probably love that. Love Vietnamese food too.

Well..... I kind of pause when it comes to Balut.
I tried to respond asking what that B stuff is but my nextpad keeps changing the word to 'about'! It wouldn't let me type that word!! Lol! So if you know what I'm talking about....what is it? :)

Wahbooz

Governor
That was pretty cool! But I think i'd rather buy them :)
This is so cool. All over Saigon and other cities are street merchants, and many of them this is all they do all day long. This happens to be a cooking school in Hoi An, and she is teaching how to make rice paper. I knew there'd be a video somewhere.

Jen

Senator
Wise.

Does she use rice flour for the noodles? I love spring rolls. With all the Filipino's in the U.S. it's a surprise there aren't more Filipino restaurants.

There used to be a Vietnamese restaurant I went to, unfortunately it closed down.
Far as I know she uses rice flour for the noodles.
She was born and raised in the Philippines .....my son's wife was born there and came to Seattle when she was a young child. The food they make is the real thing.

Wahbooz

Governor
Far as I know she uses rice flour for the noodles.
She was born and raised in the Philippines .....my son's wife was born there and came to Seattle when she was a young child. The food they make is the real thing.
That's great. So many Asian restaurants are Americanized and the food is less authentic. Love Filipino food.

Caroljo

Senator
This is so cool. All over Saigon and other cities are street merchants, and many of them this is all they do all day long. This happens to be a cooking school in Hoi An, and she is teaching how to make rice paper. I knew there'd be a video somewhere.

She makes it look so simple! :)