• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Well, I guess the Newt surge WASN'T for real....huh?

GordonGecko

President
12-07-2011 01:22 PM #1 Barbella

View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Add as Contact
-------------------------------------------------------
Jack Bucks:2,864

Why Newt's surge is for real:

Gingrich, after a spring mutiny by his original staff, quietly built momentum with little money and virtually no organization, by relying on his wife, Callista, and a few diehard aides. By necessity, his stripped-down machine was fueled by ideas and the Internet rather than the usual lifelines of a modern run for the presidency — ads and cash.

https://www.politicaljack.com/forums/showthread.php?8821-Why-Newt-s-surge-is-for-real

D

Doc

It "wasn't real" in Iowa.

It will be an "irritant" in New Hampshire (Romny pissed the Newt off, BIG time!)

He will have his chance (not going to say LAST, chance, but, it COULD be...) in South Carolina.

GordonGecko

President
It "wasn't real" in Iowa.

It will be an "irritant" in New Hampshire (Romny pissed the Newt off, BIG time!)

He will have his chance (not going to say LAST, chance, but, it COULD be...) in South Carolina.
You forget Doc....Little Ricky can "talk Jay'sus" AND do the "working class populism" stuff he did in Iowa in the Palmetto State. Cuts into Newt's support and JUST MIGHT....be enough for "Maverick" Mitt to win it.

D

Doc

You forget Doc....Little Ricky can "talk Jay'sus" AND do the "working class populism" stuff he did in Iowa in the Palmetto State. Cuts into Newt's support and JUST MIGHT....be enough for "Maverick" Mitt to win it.
Well, my Prediction is that Romney WILL win it.

Certainly, IF Santorum "catches fire," he MAY be able to give Romney a good run, but, I agree with you, that a continued "Newt Vs. Rick" battle for the Tea Party/Libertarian vote, will serve Romney, greatly.

Now, if Santorum can beat Gingrich by a sizeable margin in South Carolina, he may be able to make a go of it, BUT......

I think Mitt Romney will be the GOP nominee for President. Condi Rice, will be his VP Candidate. (Although, I could see someone like Santorum getting that position, as well...NOT Newt, though. He and Romney do not seem to be all that friendly to each other...)

GordonGecko

President
Well, my Prediction is that Romney WILL win it.

Certainly, IF Santorum "catches fire," he MAY be able to give Romney a good run, but, I agree with you, that a continued "Newt Vs. Rick" battle for the Tea Party/Libertarian vote, will serve Romney, greatly.

Now, if Santorum can beat Gingrich by a sizeable margin in South Carolina, he may be able to make a go of it, BUT......

I think Mitt Romney will be the GOP nominee for President. Condi Rice, will be his VP Candidate. (Although, I could see someone like Santorum getting that position, as well...NOT Newt, though. He and Romney do not seem to be all that friendly to each other...)
More likely Santorum than Rice, Doc....linking himself to Dubya's Administration is the LAST thing Romney wants to do.

Sure it wins over guys like you...but it doesn't give him any "cred" with blacks or women (Why take a black Veep, when you can have a black Prez, why support a woman for Veep anymore than Palin) and it puts people instantly to mind of the Iraq War, which they overwhelmingly oppose now.