• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Well I'll be off the air for a bit

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Good luck to you, hope all goes well - my uncle wishes he had not waited like he did. You will be sore but it will hopefully be worth it

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
I'm getting prepped for hip replacement surgery today. I'm sure I'll be missed. ;)

But as Arnold said... I'll be back!
Well the replacement went well, the hip is tender but not unduly so.
This was a Cox surgical center and I've got no complaints the place is clean and orderly and the leg works and the foot is pointed in the right direction so there's a physical terrorist that's going to work me over today.
Biggest worry is getting out of here and not catching a bug, hospital food is still bland but it got here hot, I did bring a bottle of Tabasco to kick it up a notch.
The nurses like to check you every two or three hours but I didn't find a nurse Cratchet in the bunch ;)

Boca

Governor
This was a Cox surgical center and I've got no complaints the place is clean and orderly and the leg works and the foot is pointed in the right direction so there's a physical terrorist that's going to work me over today.
Biggest worry is getting out of here and not catching a bug, hospital food is still bland but it got here hot, I did bring a bottle of Tabasco to kick it up a notch.
The nurses like to check you every two or three hours but I didn't find a nurse Cratchet in the bunch ;)
Now all you need is a laptop and you'll be good as new.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
:D
Good morning. Probably need that Tabasco for hospital eggs. "...foot is pointed in the right direction..." :D

Boca

Governor
got one didn't bring it, been using a 10" kindle tablet , handy little bugger ;)
As an aside, my wife fell in the kicthen Dec 28th and fractured her hip. We were packed for a trip to Florida on Jan 2nd. She had surgery which amounted to some plates and 3 screws. She's now in rehab and seems to be doing well, at least from what I gain on the telephone. No Visitors at the hospital or the rehab facility. According to the doctor his only concern is if the bones regenerate/heal otherwise it will be a hip replacement.

Poor thing, three years ago she had a "reverse" shoulder replacement. It wasn't due to an accident, for some reason ligaments and muscle deteriorated to the point of no repair. Fortunately a local orthopedic surgeon had developed a procedure to reverse the ball and cup, the device is then attached to a 7 inch titanium rod inserted in the upper arm bone (humerus) which isn't funny at all.

I have a couple of replacement parts myself, but they're not OEM

Anyway, glad you're recuperating.

FakeName

Governor
I had surgery on the 4th.

My experience was much like yours. The people were great, the room was nice (for a hospital room), it even had a decent view. Food was bland, and I got sh*t for sleep due mostly to the hourly interruptions to poke and prod, and the discomfort from the surgery didn't help.

But hey, it was worth it. Cancer is gone.

Are you home yet?

Glad to hear it went well.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
I had surgery on the 4th.

My experience was much like yours. The people were great, the room was nice (for a hospital room), it even had a decent view. Food was bland, and I got sh*t for sleep due mostly to the hourly interruptions to poke and prod, and the discomfort from the surgery didn't help.

But hey, it was worth it. Cancer is gone.

Are you home yet?

Glad to hear it went well.
Yes, hobbling around with a walker, hope your cancer stays gone, I had a two year bought with bladder cancer, I highly recommend the Cancer Treatment Centers of America in case you need a second opinion.. Praying for your recovery.