• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

We've been listening to the "maskholes" for over a year now...

Bugsy McGurk

President
In December 2019, all nations learnt about the emergence of a pandemic of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), induced by the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), which is a member of the β-coronavirus group. As SARS-CoV-2 has the potentiality of leading to life-threatening respiratory failure, its transmission routes need to be characterized. Yet, the possibility of airborne transmission is still debated. This study was performed to evaluate potential hospital indoor air viral quality in order to detect SARS-COV-2. For this purpose, an impinger method was used to monitor the SARS-COV-2 virus in the air. Thus, 33 samples were collected from 8 different hospital locations. The sampling time was between 50 and 60 min with a sampling flow rate of 28 L/min. Air samples were taken from 2 to 5 m away from the patients’ beds. Temperature, relative humidity, and CO2 concentration were 28, 37, and 438 ppm, respectively. The results indicated that air samples which were 2 to 5 m away from the patients’ beds were negative for the presence of the virus. According to the obtained results, it is suggested that airborne transmission may not have much effect on this pandemic.

Investigation of SARS-CoV-2 in hospital indoor air of COVID-19 patients’ ward with impinger method (nih.gov)

Move over "Mr. Science," there's a new scientist in town...
When an article starts with the words “In December 2019, all nations learnt...” one should just chuckle and move on.

;-)

Bugsy McGurk

President
2-5 Meters?
So you are talking about the same social distancing that has been suggested since COVID immemorial.
I’m sure you know there is not a good faith discussion to be had there. If Trump had strongly advocated for masks and worn one regularly, his cultists would not be arguing against masks and bizarrely claiming that the virus is not spread through the air. But Trump didn’t do those things, so we get such lunacy from his cultists.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
MASKHOLES are people who refused to wear masks despite the evidence that it decreases transmission of Covid.

We're still losing 500 people a day to Covid in the USA. That's tragic.

I volunteer with Mobile Meals and we've been told to continue to wear masks when delivering meals. An elderly gent on oxygen came to the door and I learned from him that his doc is holding off on getting him vaxed. There's a lot of that.....people with chronic illnesses, etc. who won't be getting vaxed anytime soon.

So be kind and wear a mask around those folks.

Don't be a maskhole.

Bugsy McGurk

President
MASKHOLES are people who refused to wear masks despite the evidence that it decreases transmission of Covid.

I volunteer with Mobile Meals and we've been told to continue to wear masks when delivering meals. An elderly gent on oxygen came to the door and I learned from him that his doc is holding off on getting him vaxed. There's a lot of that.....people with chronic illnesses, etc. who won't be getting vaxed anytime soon.

Don't be a maskhole.
If you were a winger sociopath you wouldn’t feel that way.

TheTrueRepublican

Council Member
Is anybody on the left going to be able to read this? Can I translate?

They won't understand you didn't use their global language so I have translated to Lib' rul-ese. There may have been posts already that sounds like they disagree, but really it's a matter of translation. Let me know if you need further translating.

Blah ber ring uh bowt "thuh sy-ants" thaht sez ewe kin git thuh beer Vy russ duh-zeez frum bree thin ayer frum yur loakle souper mar-kit.
Are you alright there?

Might want to press your life alert button and tell them you’re having a stroke.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
When an article starts with the words “In December 2019, all nations learnt...” one should just chuckle and move on.

;-)
In December 2019, all nations learnt about the emergence of a pandemic of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), induced by the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), which is a member of the β-coronavirus group. As SARS-CoV-2 has the potentiality of leading to life-threatening respiratory failure, its transmission routes need to be characterized.

It's called "framing the discussion." As usual, you do your incipid drive by pulling something out of context and mischaracterizing it. There's a name for that...now what is it? Oh yes, propaganda!

In fact, if you bothered to actually read the paper, you'd have seen this:

Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2021 May 6 : 1–9.
doi: 10.1007/s11356-021-14260-3 [Epub ahead of print]

Or were you idiotic enough to think learnt isn't a word:

1622910765773.png

Raoul_Luke

Don't be a maskhole.
So Julie, you are obviously a scientist - how exactly does wearing a mask "decrease transmission of Covid" when there is exactly none of the viable virus found in the air around (unmasked) Covid patients in the hospital?

Raoul_Luke

I’m sure you know there is not a good faith discussion to be had there. If Trump had strongly advocated for masks and worn one regularly, his cultists would not be arguing against masks and bizarrely claiming that the virus is not spread through the air. But Trump didn’t do those things, so we get such lunacy from his cultists.
I'm not following Trump, I'm following the SCIENCE - you know, like you people have been demanding we do for over a year. What part of According to the obtained results, it is suggested that airborne transmission may not have much effect on this pandemic is so hard for you to understand?

Raoul_Luke

If you were a winger sociopath you wouldn’t feel that way.
Maskholes are the people (like you and Julie) who condescendingly demanded we bow to the craven technocrats who were desperately seeking to virtue signal their way out of tis pandemic.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So Julie, you are obviously a scientist - how exactly does wearing a mask "decrease transmission of Covid" when there is exactly none of the viable virus found in the air around (unmasked) Covid patients in the hospital?
They detected none from 6 feet away...was the patient talking? singing? Yelling "fight for Trump" at the time?

All those factors should play into the conversation...unless you are totally focused on pretending there is some nefarious reason to lie about masks...right?

Bugsy McGurk

President
In December 2019, all nations learnt about the emergence of a pandemic of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), induced by the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), which is a member of the β-coronavirus group. As SARS-CoV-2 has the potentiality of leading to life-threatening respiratory failure, its transmission routes need to be characterized.

It's called "framing the discussion." As usual, you do your incipid drive by pulling something out of context and mischaracterizing it. There's a name for that...now what is it? Oh yes, propaganda!

In fact, if you bothered to actually read the paper, you'd have seen this:

Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2021 May 6 : 1–9.
doi: 10.1007/s11356-021-14260-3 [Epub ahead of print]

Or were you idiotic enough to think learnt isn't a word:

View attachment 63411
Your idiocy on this topic grew wearisome a year ago.

Give.it.a.rest. Find some new idiocy.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Maskholes are the people (like you and Julie) who condescendingly demanded we bow to the craven technocrats who were desperately seeking to virtue signal their way out of tis pandemic.
You are overdue for a trip to Mar-a-Lago so you can worship at the feet of your Dear Leader Trump.

Or is he in NJ now? Whatever.

;-)

Raoul_Luke

You are overdue for a trip to Mar-a-Lago so you can worship at the feet of your Dear Leader Trump.

Or is he in NJ now? Whatever.

;-)
LOL! You pay way more attention to Trump than I do. Let the record show (again) that you have been thoroughly defeated in a debate and forced to blurt out "but Trump!" Then go run and hide, and pretend you didn't just get your head handed to you.

Bugsy McGurk

President
LOL! You pay way more attention to Trump than I do. Let the record show (again) that you have been thoroughly defeated in a debate and forced to blurt out "but Trump!" Then go run and hide, and pretend you didn't just get your head handed to you.
Sure, you can pretend that your anti-mask idiocy does not have its roots in your Trump cultism. But no sane person believes you.

;-)

Raoul_Luke

They detected none from 6 feet away...was the patient talking? singing? Yelling "fight for Trump" at the time?

All those factors should play into the conversation...unless you are totally focused on pretending there is some nefarious reason to lie about masks...right?
Unless for some reason you have evidence that a typical Trump rally has more covid patients than, well, a covid ward in a hospital, you really have exposed yourself here as a craven, partisan (and, lets face it, anti-science) hack!

Being wrong about masks isn't the same as lying about them, unless you persist in pretending the science that strongly indicates that there is no airborne covid threat doesn't exist after you are shown that evidence. Frankly, I knew the mask wearing was mindless virtue signalling from the very beginning (and said so). Now the experiments are showing I was 100% correct (as usual) and you were 100% incorrect (as usual) - because you rejected logic and accepted the scientism narrative that we were all going to die unless we started acting like a bunch of panty wetting children. Same sh*t different day...

Bugsy McGurk

President
Unless for some reason you have evidence that a typical Trump rally has more covid patients than, well, a covid ward in a hospital, you really have exposed yourself here as a craven, partisan (and, lets face it, anti-science) hack!

Being wrong about masks isn't the same as lying about them, unless you persist in pretending the science that strongly indicates that there is no airborne covid threat doesn't exist after you are shown that evidence. Frankly, I knew the mask wearing was mindless virtue signalling from the very beginning (and said so). Now the experiments are showing I was 100% correct (as usual) and you were 100% incorrect (as usual) - because you rejected logic and accepted the scientism narrative that we were all going to die unless we started acting like a bunch of panty wetting children. Same sh*t different day...
hee hee...”no airborne Covid threat”

A doozie for the ages.

;-)

Raoul_Luke

Sure, you can pretend that your anti-mask idiocy does not have its roots in your Trump cultism. But no sane person believes you.

;-)
Are you suggesting that this NIH study is Trump propaganda? That is quite absurd, even for a propagandist like you. I only linked to one such study that illustrates that the airborne threat from covid was, at best, severly over-stated. There are others. With every new set of air measurements finding no viable virus, your "sanity" is called further into question. As with the covid natural origin theory, you morons latched onto a self-serving political narrative over the facts, and only an insane person (or a complete hack) would reject the new, better information, and instead try to cling to an exposed false narrative. Have a nice rest of your day...