• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

What About the Sponsors in the Newsmax/Direct TV Controversy ?

protectionist

Governor
I've seen a lot of reports about the controversial shut-off of Newsmax from Direct TV, but haven't heard or seen a word about the sponsors who are paying big bucks to have their products shown to as many people as possible. Well, by having that advertising reduced by 13 million people, one would think that would be a big blow those companies, and a severe reduction of what they are paying for. Even on Newsmax itself (who talks about this frequently), we see no mention about the sponsors, and there are many of them, who advertise on Newsmax because it is one of the highest rated TV new shows (#4 by Nielsen ratings), reaching a large audience.

Here's a partial list of Newsmax sponsors >>>
Tide, GMC, Crunch Fitness, Jiffy Lube, Keytruda/Merck, Alfa Romeo, Worthy, Airbnb, Zaxby's, Florida leather Gallery, Nutrafol, Self, Daily Harvest, Buick/Envision, Pluto TV, Subway, Burger King, Little Caesars, Progressive Insurance, Ibrance, Calm, Greenlight, Kane's Furniture,

One would think that these sponsors would be up in arms, or at the very least, demanding rate reductions, due to reductions in service. This might be related to the specific contracts that these sponsors have with DirectTV, but having owned a business myself, I'd be hard-pressed to think that these sponsors would have went along with a contract giving Newsmax the right to reduce their viewership, without a corresponding/correlated reduction in price to the sponsors.

Lastly, we also would be hard-pressed to think that Direct TV is giving these sponsors reduction$, because their whole (ludicrous) excuse revolves around money, saying that Newsmax was asking for too much money (when they're paying more to 22 liberal broadcasters with much lower Nielsen ratings)

While it's pretty obvious that Direct TV and their parent ATT, have a political agenda here, the sponsors aren't thinking about politics. They're concerned with money, and that money comes from sale$ generated by advertising, of which there is now 13 Million viewers less of.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
The sponsors' contracts are probably with Newsmax and DirectTV has no contractual obligation(s) to the Newsmax sponsors. If you and I contract to do business, I don't take on your obligations under contact with other businesses.

protectionist

Governor
The sponsors' contracts are probably with Newsmax and DirectTV has no contractual obligation(s) to the Newsmax sponsors. If you and I contract to do business, I don't take on your obligations under contact with other businesses.
1. No matter the sponsors are contracted with, they are losing a significant part of what they are paying for. Even if there were no contracts at all, the sponsors have a big beef with Direct TV (because they are who brought about losses), and without any compensation, they re in position to file civil lawsuits for damages.

2. When I owned a business, I advertised (sponsored) on TV. My commercials ran during the time slot that was offered to me, and whatever show was on TV then, that's where my commercials would be. That correlates with the sponsors being in aggreement with Direct TV, not Newsmax, which is just a show.

3, Let us know if you find out who the sponsors are in contract with,

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
they re in position to file civil lawsuits for damages.
Not without a contact with DirectTV
2. When I owned a business, I advertised (sponsored) on TV. My commercials ran during the time slot that was offered to me, and whatever show was on TV then, that's where my commercials would be. That correlates with the sponsors being in aggreement with Direct TV, not Newsmax, which is just a show.
Doesn't correlate at all. Your contract was with the network/station, not a program which is what NewsMax was on DirectTV.
You're the accuser. The burden of proof is yours. Let me know when you have proof that sponsors contracted with DirectTV.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I've seen a lot of reports about the controversial shut-off of Newsmax from Direct TV, but haven't heard or seen a word about the sponsors who are paying big bucks to have their products shown to as many people as possible. Well, by having that advertising reduced by 13 million people, one would think that would be a big blow those companies, and a severe reduction of what they are paying for. Even on Newsmax itself (who talks about this frequently), we see no mention about the sponsors, and there are many of them, who advertise on Newsmax because it is one of the highest rated TV new shows (#4 by Nielsen ratings), reaching a large audience.

Tide, GMC, Crunch Fitness, Jiffy Lube, Keytruda/Merck, Alfa Romeo, Worthy, Airbnb, Zaxby's, Florida leather Gallery, Nutrafol, Self, Daily Harvest, Buick/Envision, Pluto TV, Subway, Burger King, Little Caesars, Progressive Insurance, Ibrance, Calm, Greenlight, Kane's Furniture,

One would think that these sponsors would be up in arms, or at the very least, demanding rate reductions, due to reductions in service. This might be related to the specific contracts that these sponsors have with DirectTV, but having owned a business myself, I'd be hard-pressed to think that these sponsors would have went along with a contract giving Newsmax the right to reduce their viewership, without a corresponding/correlated reduction in price to the sponsors.

Lastly, we also would be hard-pressed to think that Direct TV is giving these sponsors reduction$, because their whole (ludicrous) excuse revolves around money, saying that Newsmax was asking for too much money (when they're paying more to 22 liberal broadcasters with much lower Nielsen ratings)

While it's pretty obvious that Direct TV and their parent ATT, have a political agenda here, the sponsors aren't thinking about politics. They're concerned with money, and that money comes from sale$ generated by advertising, of which there is now 13 Million viewers less of.
Really? Newsmax was #4.

They were #73 here.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1. No matter the sponsors are contracted with, they are losing a significant part of what they are paying for. Even if there were no contracts at all, the sponsors have a big beef with Direct TV (because they are who brought about losses), and without any compensation, they re in position to file civil lawsuits for damages.

I'm sure that all those companies appreciate your coming to their defense.

RickWA

Snagglesooth

As you can see…the forum has spoken. All hail the incurious and uninquisitive. Ask no questions…or be met with arrogation and mockery. Incapable of simply scrolling on by if uninterested, busybody statist lefty is ever at the switch to level a barrage of trash. Don’t be curious. Trust authority. Submit.

Jam your thumbs in your lapels, lefty. A job well-done.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
As you can see…the forum has spoken. All hail the incurious and uninquisitive. Ask no questions…or be met with arrogation and mockery. Incapable of simply scrolling on by if uninterested, busybody statist lefty is ever at the switch to level a barrage of trash. Don’t be curious. Trust authority. Submit.

He has the burden of proof. Show me where he met that burden.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Yeah, who do those lefties think they are to have an opinion you don't approve of....

Jack4freedom

Governor

Got it. Some posters respond to a bullshit conspiracy thread posted by the biggest nut on the board who is spinning another of his typical batshit crazy tales. This time evidently because he is pissed off because his favorite propaganda network got dropped from DIRECTV.

Your take is that those who call bullshit and laugh about it are all “evil statist lefty’s“, no doubt incurious and unserious shirtlifters. That’s rich Rick. Lol. I remember when DIRECTV prevented the whole Los Angeles metro area from seeing Dodger games for a couple years because of a similar dispute. Probably George Soros and Bill Gates were in on that one too. Lol

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
# 4 Nielsen rating. Yeah, really.
That's complete bullshit. Newsmax scored a number four Nielsen rating on one particular evening during one particular Trump rally, and that's it. I believe it was May 2022 or earlier. Otherwise it ranks near the bottom of rated programs in the Nielsen ranking.

You can see in the second link below it ranks around number 72 as far as annualized Nielsen ratings go.. for the year 2022

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Mybe you could present something that's worth posting. Like who advertises on Newsmax shows, and how many viewers they have lost from seeing their ads, and how many sale$ they're losing.
You have the burden of proof. You can't meet it so you toss garbage out to try to shift the burden.