• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

What an idiot...LOL. Why would black women want to bleach their skin,

its a well known trope that black "couples" more often than consist of a darker skinned male and lighter skinned female. the beauty and cosmetic industry equates skin tone with beauty.

this isn't just america - its also true even latin america and asia. you can see japanese women tanning themselves in hawaii with their faces covered - they don't want a darker face - just the body. and in cuba there is considerable discrimination against darket skinned cubans.

connieb

Senator
wear blonde wigs, and look like total morons?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-26691884

BTW....I think black women are gorgeous if they allow themselves to be black.

I have an African friend who I met while she was an exchange student in college She said, even in Africa there is the strong bias towards being light skinned, particularly as a woman. She is very very very dark skinned. And, very beautiful, but she said that, she was taunted growing up for being as dark as she is. She said it is almost like a social caste type thing in many places.

Last edited:

Minotaur

Governor
Barb, what makes any woman of any race decision to do whatever they want different from any woman doing something they want?

Hell girl...we are sticking giant bags of goo in our chest, so who cares? Hair color is nothing, skin lightening or tanning darker is nothing - try surgery for giant boobs. Or how about cosmetic surgery to make a butt massive. Why do women wear heels that they can fall off of?

When you focus on black to prove a point of non-racism it can backfire. (hint)

connieb

Senator
God, I never understood why he did that to himself...it's almost like self mutilation.
I do think he actually had vitaligo (sp?) which essentailly gives you blotches of skin without pigment. So, if that is the case, I can see why he tried to lighten the rest of his skin. It looks bad on white people and is very pronounced and strange looking on black people. The plastic surgery though is a whole other animal.... I think he was a very very disturbed person.

connie