• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

What Are Your Top 3 Rock (not Metal) Bands (or individual) ?

protectionist

Governor

protectionist

Governor
Fleetwood Mac. Moody Blues. Crosby, Stills and Nash...

Bob Dylan Rock? Nah.
Nah!? Are you kidding ? Bob Dylan is the unquestionable king of folk-rock, folk, poetry-rock, Christian-rock, blues-rock, you name it. Just his first 6 albums could/should have gotten Grammys every one. Whose songs have ever been covered more, by just about everybody ?

Sometimes I talk to people about Dylan, and they express a kind of remote apathy. Then I mention some of his really good songs , and they've never heard them. Others have heard them, but by somebody else. Or they don't understand the words. How many people know that "Mr Tambourine Man" is the drug LSD ? Johnny Cash understood.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Nah!? Are you kidding ? Bob Dylan is the unquestionable king of folk-rock, folk, poetry-rock, Christian-rock, blues-rock, you name it. Just his first 6 albums could/should have gotten Grammys every one. Whose songs have ever been covered more, by just about everybody ?

Sometimes I talk to people about Dylan, and they express a kind of remote apathy. Then I mention some of his really good songs , and they've never heard them. Others have heard them, but by somebody else. Or they don't understand the words. How many people know that "Mr Tambourine Man" is the drug LSD ? Johnny Cash understood.
His voice is like fingers on a chalkboard...not a bad song writer...not a great performer.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Well, I listened to 10 of his top songs, and he's obviously a throwback to 1950s old-time rock, and has some good songs, but I wouldn't rate him above my 3 picks, or even above some of the top acts of his genre (Elvis, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Everly Brothers)
More like springstein..

protectionist

Governor
His voice is like fingers on a chalkboard...not a bad song writer...not a great performer.
"voice" :rolleyes: ...........you think he tries to emulate Johnny Mathis ? You obviously have no clue about Bob Dylan. And just his first 6 albums (1962-1966) could have established him as the greatest songwriter, in all of western civilization, ever. Name one that even comes close.

Last edited:

middleview

President
Supporting Member
"voice" :rolleyes: ...........you think he tries to emulate Johnny Mathis ? You obviously have no clue about Bob Dylan. And just his first 6 albums (1962-1966) could have established him as the greatest songwriter, in all of western civilization, ever. Name one that even comes close.

Your top wasn't about writers.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

He sounds a lot like Bullwinkle

I don't like his singing voice. Gee..hope you don't mind.

protectionist

Governor
He sounds a lot like Bullwinkle

I don't like his singing voice. Gee..hope you don't mind.
Anybody that talks about Bob Dylan's voice, doesn't know the first thing about Bob Dylan. He could have TALKED his songs, and still be # 1.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Bob Dylan is not a "voice" person. If you're big on voices, download Johnny Mathis or Karen Carpenter.
Or Fleetwood
Anybody that talks about Bob Dylan's voice, doesn't know the first thing about Bob Dylan. He could have TALKED his songs, and still be # 1.

In your opinion. Not mine.