• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

what if I choose to be gay

Could a person choose to be Gay

• No you can't

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Yes it could be a choice

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • It would be morally wrong to do so

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • it would be wrong to be straight when really gay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Council Member
Would there be something wrong with that? If a person could be either but they choose the gay side of things does that mean they are a bad person?

Council Member
I see where the Nixon woman says it's that way with her. she doesn't have a big pull to be gay, she just enjoys that life style more. She says she can be bisexual, but chooses not to be. Do some people just like the life style after experiencing it?

Days

Commentator
As always, I'm going to give the scriptural perspective and it will likely sound like I'm crazier than my moon hoax posts, but again, I stick to the truth, and it is a truth that I've studied in depth. (Here's hoping that certain layperson doesn't come ankle biting again)

Okay, this is going to shock ya. What Paul wrote on this was not that it is some extreme sin that will burn in the deepest hell - far from it. What Paul wrote was very much a reasonable response to the condition the earth was in... and that was, it was by and large given over to homosexuality, it was prevalent in the Greek Empire and also the Roman Empire. So, what Paul was saying when he said men had given up the proper use of the woman and gone over to lusting after their own sex... that was not a recognition of the sin of homosexuality as it is commonly read to be. These are the kinds of areas where ministers really do have an advantage, because we study the word, we try to read the letters in context to the mindset of the author and his times. What Paul was saying was civilization had gone down this road. This is how the rulers of the world lived, mankind had gone to homosexuality as the culture of government... from way back in time, by the time Paul lived his life, it was an old... many centuries old... reality, that everyone knew was just the way it was. So what paul was saying was cutting new ground... and this is not the only place he did this; when the jews said Paul turned the world upside down, it was because of ideas like this. So Paul laid out a very rigorous disciplined sexual course for Christians, the like of which, the world had never seen. It wasn't a pattern for the world to follow, nor was it attempting to define sin for the world, it was a path for the disciples of Christ.

Now, today, I will say this. Your entire life in the flesh, is inherited from Adam. The Adamic nature will not inherit the kingdom of God. You must be born again. People think that if they live good lives they will go to heaven, as if the New Testament says any such thing: it doesn't. The New Testament says that the kingdom of God suffereth violence and all men press into it; in other words: seize the day, people: here's your chance to walk right through the spiritual portal ... TODAY ... the very same germ of anointing that was placed in Mary can be placed in you, call on Jesus name, receive that holy spirit, and a new life will be planted in you from on high ... which will grow into a whole new world to enter and live in ... in this life; not the next. The New Testament is a covenant to be lived in this lifetime; the promise of eternal life is the promise of the holy spirit... available TODAY.

You can now return to the religious mindset that will argue the virtues or horrors of homosexuality and how it will affect your chances of going to heaven or hell when you die... and they will pretend that all that nonsense is written in the New Testament. No evangelical minister worth his salt will waste two seconds on that nonsense, it is not the gospel, neither was it the intention of Paul's writing.

2Peter 3:

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Council Member
Well you answered something I wasn't thinking about! or for that matter really care about.

What I was wondering is there such a thing as choosing to be gay? If your honest you got to admit it has entered into you sub conscious mind before, what it would be like. I am sure there are a lot of people who really would have been better suited to be gay but just couldn't allow it to happen, they lived a lie. Then there are some who maybe got hornswalggeled into it somehow and couldn't figure a way out so just stay the course and enjoyed it for what it was worth, as they couldn't face the lie they would have within themselves if they did go back.

I don't know but i am sure there are some people who choose to be gay just like there are people who should be gay but choose to stay straight in their life actions.

Days

Commentator
it is a matter of the flesh... all flesh. Within that realm, which I try to live above, there is a whole world of different things happening. (e) all of the above and plenty more you haven't thought of. It is a very active area of the flesh. You can't nail it down to one thing, there's a bunch of things happening there. I chose to look at the culture of government, because I thought it went a long way towards opening eyes to the meaning of Paul's words... I knew it wasn't what you were asking per se, but it was an answer.

Right now, its pretty easy to see which way I voted. But that seemed like the most straight forward answer to the question. But I gave a more in depth answer so you can see I wasn't just slapping off a superficial beer can vote, I have studied this idea in the scriptures, my position is too liberal for conservative Christians to stomach and yet, I am just as adamant that it is not a practice that Paul wanted to take place in the church. But when Christians get tangled in arguments about whether being gay is a choice... they don't realize that they are venturing outside the scripture; there's nothing in there about homosexuality except that Paul wants disciples to avoid it... along with a host of other sexual liberties that men were taking.

Now to venture outside scripture, in order that I may respond to your point. I think it can be a choice and also there can be genetic presence to desire or crave that lifestyle... just as there can be genetic presence for a whole host of things in this life. People seem to think that the genes are some kind of control mechanism... that is nonsense; they are chemicals... all kinds of emotions and cravings and drives and thoughts and desires are just chemicals at work in us. Smokers will swear that it is impossible to quit until/unless they discover the strength to overcome the chemicals in play. Same holds true for a million things. Lady GaGa says you was born that way, as if it is a life sentence or somehow purely "natural" or whatever the argument of the month is, I would say that you are born a million different ways, we are incredibly complex chemical creatures... then you enter in factors like family, culture, society, religion, government, yada, yada, yada. If you happen upon the anointing of Christ, everything goes into the wash and you totally change all that. If not, who cares? Christians don't need to.

worldlymrb

Revenge
I don't know about you, but the thought of another man's hairy ass makes me want to puke.

However, I would 100% support you being a flaming lesbian though.

D

Doc

Nothing wrong with it, but, I am of the opinion that you can not "choose" to be gay.

But, I honestly would not know, as I am not Gay.

I will say, however, that most of the gays I have known, did not believe they had a "choice." A few, in particular, could have had any woman they wanted, IF they wanted them. (Of course, then the chicks would have likely despised them.....)

Days

Commentator
actually, you already are. The Adamic nature is cut off from the garden; spiritually dead. And Jesus said that the old nature prefers to stay that way, so nobody chooses to be born again... it is against our nature... that's why it is a calling... and usually we who have answered that calling have had to endure a real battle with our old nature.

anyway, yeah, we understand...

the old wine tastes better than the new wine, we get that.

G

Greenridgeman

Fighting Jesus and the Spirit just wears one down.

You can't lick them, eventually makes sense to join them.

As a totally worthless sinner, with no expectation of Salvation whatsoever, the Spirit gave it one last try, and prevail.

But, I fought the good fight.................!

Born again, even by forced birth with forceps, I am forever a new man from that old one.

Zoar

Governor
If you choose to be gay then the REPUBLICANS will do violence upon you. They preach Jesus but act like Satan.

Days

Commentator
... which is to say, they are pushing the devil in the name of Jesus. This goes back to my post on state run religion, and yes, it does that.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Whether being homosexual is a choice or not I do not profess to know. I do know that behavior is a choice.

mark14

Council Member
I think you can consciously choose to change your behavior but not your innate orientation although it isn't so simple as that what we do will not eventually effect who/what we are.

Lefties can also learn to use their right hand and even get quite good at it but I still believe in inherent left handedness.

Zam-Zam

Senator
I think you can consciously choose to change your behavior but not your innate orientation although it isn't so simple as that what we do will not eventually effect who/what we are.

Lefties can also learn to use their right hand and even get quite good at it but I still believe in inherent left handedness.

Is being a child molester a choice?

I am not equating being a sex offender with homosexuality. I only pose the question for illustrative purposes.

mark14

Council Member
No. But they have to chose not to molest children.

Sometimes they rationalize that the children want to be molested.

Is being Republican a choice?

And I am not equating being a Republican with being a sex offender. I only pose the question for illustrative purposes to draw a comparison between different types of urges and choices.

Days

Commentator
legally it is...
which is one hell of an illustration of the diametrically opposed concepts at work in our laws. (because you can not discriminate against gays, but pedophiles are criminals)