• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

what if I choose to be gay

Could a person choose to be Gay

• No you can't

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Yes it could be a choice

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • It would be morally wrong to do so

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • it would be wrong to be straight when really gay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Doc

I do not concern myself with how others dress, or, decorate their living rooms.

IF they are civil, and nice, then I get along with them.

IF they are rude, and MEAN, well....not so much........

(I have had "Gay" friends. Just like my "Straight" friends, but Gay....)

mark14

Council Member
I was kidding and I agree. Some of my best friends are gay (and I probably don't know it!) but it doesn't worry me because I'm immune to "the gay" as my anti-gay antibody levels remain high through casual contact with them.

Huskyoverlord

Council Member
Husky, I agree "In the eyes of the law we should all be the same no matter what , gender , color or sexual preference" provided behavior is between consenting adults.
of course child molesters and serial rapists are the only people that should be locked up forever.

Days

Commentator
too much in and out. And then evening comes and I can't remember my line of thought.

I was thinking about how the laws flipped for homosexuality... it used to be viewed in the same light as a pedophile. I think there are still states that have sex laws that outlaw taking it from behind, even between man and wife. (uhm, male man and female wife, that is).

okay so what was I thinking? something about the way the law now protects the homosexual... and the dna concept was part of the argument that changed the way homosexuality was viewed by the law. But now no one wants to use the dna argument to justify pedophiles, although it probably applies just as strongly as it did to inclination towards homosexuality.

that's the best I can do, I wish I had written the bloody post hours ago, but my honey-do list pulled me off the keyboard... and saved my pot of coffee from immediate annihilation.

Council Member
I was kidding and I agree. Some of my best friends are gay (and I probably don't know it!) but it doesn't worry me because I'm immune to "the gay" as my anti-gay antibody levels remain high through casual contact with them.
what the hell does that mean? Don't get drunk and pass out when your with them, because who knows maybe your anti gay antibody may not be working. And everyone knows that when you go black you don't go back, and it's probably the same with going gay don't you think.

Gayness isn't catching is it Mark?

justoffal

Senator
I, like Days submit to the scriptural admonition that it is wrong naturally speaking.

However I find it most fascinating that that a person who comes forward honestly with that choice comes under vicious fire from the Gay community for inferring that her Choice was not dominated by a genetic code.

Why exactly would this particular position draw so much condemnation as if all such behaviors had no element of choice in them whatsoever?

gabriel

Governor
what choice? are you saying heterosexuals can choose to be homosexuals? or that they can choose to participate in homosexual acts. there is a big difference.

justoffal

Senator
I think and always did think that lifestyle is a function of choice to a greater or lesser degree and that with the exception of the true physical hermaphrodite we are all products of our social environment. What is offensive about that to the gay community? I don't follow. Do you suggest the need for a third category here? Straight, Gay, and Straight affect or Gay affect?