• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

what if I choose to be gay

Could a person choose to be Gay

• No you can't

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Yes it could be a choice

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • It would be morally wrong to do so

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • it would be wrong to be straight when really gay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zam-Zam

Senator
Obviously, a child molester should be considered a criminal. They victimize children, and few things if any are more despicable than that.

Can pedophiles control their urges and not act on them? That is the question.

mark14

Council Member
legally it is...
which is one hell of an illustration of the diametrically opposed concepts at work in our laws. (because you can not discriminate against gays, but pedophiles are criminals)
If you can't figure it out then what chance do I have to explain it to you...

mark14

Council Member
Obviously, a child molester should be considered a criminal. They victimize children, and few things if any are more despicable than that.

Can pedophiles control their urges and not act on them? That is the question.
There are treatments of variable, but not generally very good, effectiveness. Some can and some can't and as pedophilia is considered a diagnosable psychiatric condition then I suppose those who can't can be kept "hospitalized" after their prison terms expire. Or else we move them to another parish. Add if that doesn't "work" just try to keep them away from children. Register, monitor etc.

Days

Commentator
If I can't figure out what?

the card you are holding behind your back? it's the three of hearts.

Days

Commentator
obviously, but the point is, pedophiles have just as much claim to genetical inclination as gays do.

kgswiger

Council Member
Well you answered something I wasn't thinking about! or for that matter really care about.

What I was wondering is there such a thing as choosing to be gay? If your honest you got to admit it has entered into you sub conscious mind before, what it would be like. I am sure there are a lot of people who really would have been better suited to be gay but just couldn't allow it to happen, they lived a lie. Then there are some who maybe got hornswalggeled into it somehow and couldn't figure a way out so just stay the course and enjoyed it for what it was worth, as they couldn't face the lie they would have within themselves if they did go back.

I don't know but i am sure there are some people who choose to be gay just like there are people who should be gay but choose to stay straight in their life actions.
I don't know that you could "choose" to be gay or to be straight. What you can do, is "choose" to live the gay or straight lifestyle. If one weren't strongly pulled in one direction or another, I imagine it'd be easier to live one or another lifestyle.

And I can honestly say it hasn't entered my conscious mind. Subconscious? Who knows. It certainly hasn't popped up in any dreams that I can remember. (My dreams are almost always about violence, or horror. Zombies are regulars.)

Zam-Zam

Senator
There are treatments of variable, but not generally very good, effectiveness. Some can and some can't and as pedophilia is considered a diagnosable psychiatric condition then I suppose those who can't can be kept "hospitalized" after their prison terms expire. Or else we move them to another parish. Add if that doesn't "work" just try to keep them away from children. Register, monitor etc.

Hospitalized in quotes sounds like a euphemism for incarcerated somewhere other than a prison. I have no problem with that, as I believe society's primary obligation is to protect children. Moving them from place to place only provides them with a new set of potential victims, and registration and monitoring has mixed results at best. Even with restrictions, turning someone with a proven-predilection towards molestation loose on society seems like a very bad idea.

Council Member
wow this is something else, my my what we have evolved to overnight.

There was only one real question, do you feel that a person can just choose to be gay? Over my lifetime I am sure I have run into many people who really should be leading a gay life but because of pressure they put upon themselves from learned behavior, they have made a choice that they live a straight persons life and do not allow the urges within to take over. Is this being phony or is this being a good Christian or is this just being afraid to admit to one self.
Then on the other hand, sex is sex, so maybe being able enjoy one's self is easier in a gay setting, or it's easier for you to carry on a true relationship is the choice. Can you just choose be gay as your thing, like playing softball over baseball as your favorite thing. they both involve a ball and a bat, but they are different games.

Council Member
That is not a truthful statement.
That is a stupid thing to say, that republicans will do violence upon you. There are republicans that are gay. Both sides have people who will do harm upon you if given the chance if your gay. The one thing you can say is Democrats will accept you more openly if Gay, and they will do things to improve your life. The right will help you in your desire to become wealthy if your gay and can do it, but not really much else.

There is little real understanding on the right for gay people, but over the last 50 years there has been a little bit of progress in that direction on the right. But not nearly enough.

kgswiger

Council Member
Hospitalized in quotes sounds like a euphemism for incarcerated somewhere other than a prison. I have no problem with that, as I believe society's primary obligation is to protect children. Moving them from place to place only provides them with a new set of potential victims, and registration and monitoring has mixed results at best. Even with restrictions, turning someone with a proven-predilection towards molestation loose on society seems like a very bad idea.
I have a problem with it. It's punishing them twice for the same act. If we want to lock them up in a mental institution for the rest of their lives, make that the punishment for molesting a child.

Zoar

Governor
quote--"Is being Republican a choice?

And I am not equating being a Republican with being a sex offender. I only pose the question for illustrative purposes to draw a comparison between different types of urges and choices."

Actually many sex offenders are Republican. An enormous percentage. It comes from all the repression and being badly wired in the cranium.

Facts Facts Facts. The Republicans hate them and do not rely on them for their arguments. They always say it will make jobs and that is supposed to be the right answer every time they want to rape, kill poison or destroy.... or be a sex offender. Amen.

Council Member
well would you consider a person who chooses to follow a gay lifestyle worse than one who is actually gay from birth?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Nah, in my mind a pole smoker is a pole smoker.

Why should I care if his proclivities are from a choice he made or a birth defect?

D

Doc

That is a stupid thing to say, that republicans will do violence upon you. There are republicans that are gay. Both sides have people who will do harm upon you if given the chance if your gay. The one thing you can say is Democrats will accept you more openly if Gay, and they will do things to improve your life. The right will help you in your desire to become wealthy if your gay and can do it, but not really much else.

There is little real understanding on the right for gay people, but over the last 50 years there has been a little bit of progress in that direction on the right. But not nearly enough.
And, the Democrats/Left tend to be a wee bit more hostile towards Christians, while the Right/Republicans tend to be far more accepting....

Council Member
And, the Democrats/Left tend to be a wee bit more hostile towards Christians, while the Right/Republicans tend to be far more accepting....
I would agree with that, on the left your taught to question things and on the right your told what to believe and are expected to do just that.