• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

What if Mitt comes in 2nd or worse, third

GordonGecko

President
He won't.

Mitt #1, Paul #2, Santorum #3 and Newt a distant 4th.

For Mitt, it'll solidify his prominence as the 'presumed' nominee.

The rest, it really doesn't matter.

A short lived reprieve from 'suspending' their campaigns?
CB....how will Mitt do in South Carolina?

jammer

Mayor
Actually seond or third might be better for Mitt. Iowa hasn't picked the correct republicon nominee in years, Huckaby, Buchanan, Robertson ust to name a few. The rpeublicons of Iowa are a looney bunch and vote accordingly.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
It doesn't matter. Establishment GOPs have created a caucus/primary calendar that is frontloaded with states mostly favorable for Romney. Some on the right are doing their best to convince others that it's not over,but it is.

NCmusicman

Governor
Why worry... the primaries are the proving grounds and a great process that is making the Republican choice unbeatable.

Minotaur

Governor
Huntsman would make a fine President.
Actually that is where we agree. I'm pushing for 2016. He got his name recognition from this round and that may prove to be important. I've been a Huntsman proponent for about 5 years now. Got the chance to vote for him when he won by 75% of the Utah vote (both sides voted for him.) If he is ever in the running in the future I'll give the breakdown of why he is solid, at least to me.

GordonGecko

President
He'll be #2 to Newt, I believe.

Unless, of course, he spends more time there.
Probably....he can write off South Carolina if Newt comes in 4th or worse in Iowa and let Gingrich have it.

That way Santorum is knocked back down...maybe see a PERRY resurgence and the Romney strategy of "divide and conquer" of the Hard Right continues.

Jen

Senator
Romney may not win Iowa.
Either Santorum or Paul could come out on top.
Iowa is not a decider, but the top person in either Iowa or in New Hampshire will probably be the winner in South Carolina and whoever wins in South Carolina will probably be the nominee. It's not certain, of course........ but that's how it usually works. So although Iowa is not a decider, it is an important link in determining who will ultimately win.

kgswiger

Council Member
Sanitarium doesn't have a chance. Mitt's already well-positioned in New Hampshire, and I just don't see Sanitarium gaining much ground there. He's a flash in the pan and will go away soon enough.

Sanitarium or Paul? Neither would win against Obama, so a moot point in my opinion
You know, Stan, we don't agree all that often, but I love Sanitarium as a nickname for the dumbass. :)

Corruptbuddha

Governor
I like Gingrich.

Always have, but I've ALWAYS told you that Mitt would win.

Since before the Fray went
up.

Of course, I will reiterate the obvious...ABBO!

GordonGecko

President
Romney may not win Iowa.
Either Santorum or Paul could come out on top.
Iowa is not a decider, but the top person in either Iowa or in New Hampshire will probably be the winner in South Carolina and whoever wins in South Carolina will probably be the nominee. It's not certain, of course........ but that's how it usually works. So although Iowa is not a decider, it is an important link in determining who will ultimately win.
Jen, Mitt MAY be a liberal...but atleast he's a "leader", huh?

:)

GordonGecko

President
I like Gingrich.

Always have, but I've ALWAYS told you that Mitt would win.

Since before the Fray went
up.

Of course, I will reiterate the obvious...ABBO!
Well, CB, let's just say you're "Mitt WILL be the Nominee" posts and responses were rather...lean....when Newt'mania was going on 4-6 weeks ago. :)