• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

What is it like to have an abortion?

EatTheRich

President
I don't know. I never will. Indeed, although 1 in 3 women will have an abortion, the rest of us will never know what it is like. And not knowing can lead people to make cruel political choices without thinking about how cruel they are. That's why I think we are lucky that Jex Blackmore, chapter director of the Satanic Temple Detroit, created a blog to record what she went through when she experienced an unwanted pregnancy.

Of course not every woman's experience getting an abortion will be the same as Ms. Blackmore's. However, all in all from the way she describes it it appears pretty typical. She had a medical (i.e., medication-induced, as opposed to surgical) abortion, like about 3 in 5 patients in the U.S. She was lucky enough to live in a state that places relatively few restrictions on access to abortion, although as she points out getting an abortion in Michigan was still unnecessarily time-consuming, costly, and difficult. As far as I can tell, the most unusual aspect of her abortion was her public discussion of it.

You can visit her blog at www.crisispregnancymichigan.com

I don't know. I never will. Indeed, although 1 in 3 women will have an abortion, the rest of us will never know what it is like. And not knowing can lead people to make cruel political choices without thinking about how cruel they are. That's why I think we are lucky that Jex Blackmore, chapter director of the Satanic Temple Detroit, created a blog to record what she went through when she experienced an unwanted pregnancy.

Of course not every woman's experience getting an abortion will be the same as Ms. Blackmore's. However, all in all from the way she describes it it appears pretty typical. She had a medical (i.e., medication-induced, as opposed to surgical) abortion, like about 3 in 5 patients in the U.S. She was lucky enough to live in a state that places relatively few restrictions on access to abortion, although as she points out getting an abortion in Michigan was still unnecessarily time-consuming, costly, and difficult. As far as I can tell, the most unusual aspect of her abortion was her public discussion of it.

You can visit her blog at www.crisispregnancymichigan.com
I had two - they were both horrible.

Jen

Senator
If having an abortion does not bother a woman at all, then she has no business ever becoming a mother. She won't be a good one.

If having an abortion does not bother a woman at all, then she has no business ever becoming a mother. She won't be a good one.
My wife had two of them and she is a wonderful mother. What a horrible thing to say about my wife and millions of other women.

Jen

Senator
My wife had two of them and she is a wonderful mother. What a horrible thing to say about my wife and millions of other women.
What I said was that if having an abortion doesn't "bother a woman" she'd make a bad mother.

If your wife felt sadness for aborting her children then she wasn't someone I was talking about in my post.

My post was about women who felt like their aborting their baby was no more than having surgery to remove a cyst. Only she (and maybe you) knows the answer to that.

That you chose to attack me tells me maybe it was just another cyst to her - or else you wouldn't have become so defensive.

gigi

Mayor
So far I've read her first post. I'd like to read the rest of it tonight. But already, I'm confused. She's talking about this idea that the world is unsuitable for bringing a child into and citing....Donald Trump and Kim Davis. What?

Near my house is a mission and temporary shelter. They have the BEST sign outside. It reads "Christ was born in a temporary shelter."

If you want to have an abortion, you have that right, unfortunately. But to be blaming the rest of the world for your choice to end your unborn child is dishonest. When has there not been a lummox vying for a leadership position? When has there not been a controversial public figure with a following? When has this world been "just right" for bearing children? Always and never, that's when. If all mothers followed Blackmore's justification technique, none of us would be here...certainly not the people who've done great things in the world.

Case in point: We're about to celebrate the unplanned pregnancy that saved the world. Jews were being persecuted and prosecuted and abused and exploited in every conceivable way....lawfully. Unbetrothed pregnant women were typically stoned to death by their own people, and their families were shamed and ostracized from the community. The reigning king was so evil that he would be willing to kill every male child under two years old. And along comes Mary, who says yes to something she didn't plan or imagine ever once. Her situation was quite a bit different than that of a grown, adult, free woman in a free country, who would be protected from discrimination or harm by laws.
Blackmore cites "no health insurance". But Jesus was born in a cave.
Blackmore talks about Trump and Davis. Mary and Joseph had their own families thinking the worst and then Herod to deal with .
Jesus began His earthly life as a refugee. (which by the way is another thing to think about when saying "no" to today's refugees.)

Having said all that, I want to say just one more thing. How it feels to have an abortion is one topic. But what abortion is....the dismemberment and destruction of a human being...is another. And we'll never see a blog from a victim. All the people that support abortion were spared the very thing they support.
Stories of "my abortion was fine" are only meant to distract. No matter how painless and unburdening it felt, somebody still had to hold up a tiny pair of human feet, torn from a body, to a chart to confirm the gestational age of that human being.

Caroljo

Senator
So far I've read her first post. I'd like to read the rest of it tonight. But already, I'm confused. She's talking about this idea that the world is unsuitable for bringing a child into and citing....Donald Trump and Kim Davis. What?

Near my house is a mission and temporary shelter. They have the BEST sign outside. It reads "Christ was born in a temporary shelter."

If you want to have an abortion, you have that right, unfortunately. But to be blaming the rest of the world for your choice to end your unborn child is dishonest. When has there not been a lummox vying for a leadership position? When has there not been a controversial public figure with a following? When has this world been "just right" for bearing children? Always and never, that's when. If all mothers followed Blackmore's justification technique, none of us would be here...certainly not the people who've done great things in the world.

Case in point: We're about to celebrate the unplanned pregnancy that saved the world. Jews were being persecuted and prosecuted and abused and exploited in every conceivable way....lawfully. Unbetrothed pregnant women were typically stoned to death by their own people, and their families were shamed and ostracized from the community. The reigning king was so evil that he would be willing to kill every male child under two years old. And along comes Mary, who says yes to something she didn't plan or imagine ever once. Her situation was quite a bit different than that of a grown, adult, free woman in a free country, who would be protected from discrimination or harm by laws.
Blackmore cites "no health insurance". But Jesus was born in a cave.
Blackmore talks about Trump and Davis. Mary and Joseph had their own families thinking the worst and then Herod to deal with .
Jesus began His earthly life as a refugee. (which by the way is another thing to think about when saying "no" to today's refugees.)

Having said all that, I want to say just one more thing. How it feels to have an abortion is one topic. But what abortion is....the dismemberment and destruction of a human being...is another. And we'll never see a blog from a victim. All the people that support abortion were spared the very thing they support.
Stories of "my abortion was fine" are only meant to distract. No matter how painless and unburdening it felt, somebody still had to hold up a tiny pair of human feet, torn from a body, to a chart to confirm the gestational age of that human being.
Excellent! But I have to say, we DO hear from some survivors. There's many of them. But I think people that are pro-abortion just won't bother to listen to them. Gianna Jessen is an incredible woman that survived a saline abortion. I've listen to several of her videos (on you tube). Another in my link below is Carrie Fischer....a video is linked for her.

http://listverse.com/2013/08/20/10-abortion-survivors/

Caroljo

Senator
I think what Jen was getting at is....if it doesn't bother a woman after having an abortion. I'm sure your wife is a wonderful woman and she should be proud to know you feel that way. But would you say it never bothered her to have the abortions? I couldn't imagine it not......

gigi

Mayor
Excellent! But I have to say, we DO hear from some survivors. There's many of them. But I think people that are pro-abortion just won't bother to listen to them. Gianna Jessen is an incredible woman that survived a saline abortion. I've listen to several of her videos (on you tube). Another in my link below is Carrie Fischer....a video is linked for her.

http://listverse.com/2013/08/20/10-abortion-survivors/
What I meant was that we don't hear from the ones who are killed. But you are right. We do have some survivors and unfortunately, they are ridiculed by hardcore pro abortion folks.

Gianna's image was used, without her permission, in an Obama ad during the 2012 elections. When the voice over mentioned protecting a woman's right to choose from those who seek to take it away, her face was floated across the screen. This strong woman who survived an attempt to burn her to death, was held up as an oppressor?

And Melissa Ohden is another saline survivor. Good grief, you had to read the garbage being posted about her on PP's facebook page when she was in the news a couple of years ago.

Whether or not it bothered a woman having an abortion is immaterial to the assertion that one can only be a good person if one is sufficiently "bothered" by an abortion. The decision to have an abortion is bothersome just as being pregnant is bothersome if unplanned. The real reason one would demand a certain level of shame or regret or misery after having an abortion is to slut shame that same person. This is the key goal of all anti-abortion movements which coincidentally seem to hate contraceptives at the same time they hate abortions. If you hate abortions, you should welcome contraceptives but then one would be guilty of using reason to understand this issue. The church is the source of the anti-abortion and anti-family planning movement. Why? Because fertile mothers produce little babies that can be taught at birth to adopt the same religion as their parents and thereby continue the lock on humanity that religion seems to have year after year. The best thing any woman can do for their church is to have babies, lots of babies.

Jen

Senator
Whether or not it bothered a woman having an abortion is immaterial to the assertion that one can only be a good person if one is sufficiently "bothered" by an abortion. The decision to have an abortion is bothersome just as being pregnant is bothersome if unplanned. The real reason one would demand a certain level of shame or regret or misery after having an abortion is to slut shame that same person. This is the key goal of all anti-abortion movements which coincidentally seem to hate contraceptives at the same time they hate abortions. If you hate abortions, you should welcome contraceptives but then one would be guilty of using reason to understand this issue. The church is the source of the anti-abortion and anti-family planning movement. Why? Because fertile mothers produce little babies that can be taught at birth to adopt the same religion as their parents and thereby continue the lock on humanity that religion seems to have year after year. The best thing any woman can do for their church is to have babies, lots of babies.
Straw man.........contraceptives.
Contraceptives are a good thing to use to prevent unwanted babies. I used contraception when I didn't want to get pregnant.

Abortions are a sickening way to prevent having unwanted babies. It's not about religion. I don't belong to any religion. But I do have reverence for all life .

That you don't revere human life, and seem to want to blame religion for your lack of reverence............................is of no importance to me.

Contraceptives are a good thing to use to prevent unwanted babies. I used contraception when I didn't want to get pregnant.

Abortions are a sickening way to prevent having unwanted babies. It's not about religion. I don't belong to any religion. But I do have reverence for all life .

That you don't revere human life, and seem to want to blame religion for your lack of reverence............................is of no importance to me.
Silliness masquerading as meaningful commentary seems to dominate this entire subject. You do realize that the subject of abortion was never mentioned in the Bible nor was it even a political movement until women had increased power politically and medicine advanced to the point where it was safe to do so in a doctor's office? Can you cite me an example of any text in the NT about abortion? I can cite numerous examples from the OT where God himself smiteth or tells another to smite a child or newborn down like so many lambs to slaughter. The church long ago declared women to be chattel of the husband, the father and the church. This power over women was about reproduction, nothing else. Wrap this desire into some malarkey about God or Jesus forbidding the destruction of the fetus while at the same time apparently designing women to naturally abort fertilized eggs on almost a monthly basis and you have the basis for your insane attitude towards allowing others to control the wombs of women.

Jen

Senator
Silliness masquerading as meaningful commentary seems to dominate this entire subject. You do realize that the subject of abortion was never mentioned in the Bible nor was it even a political movement until women had increased power politically and medicine advanced to the point where it was safe to do so in a doctor's office? Can you cite me an example of any text in the NT about abortion? I can cite numerous examples from the OT where God himself smiteth or tells another to smite a child or newborn down like so many lambs to slaughter. The church long ago declared women to be chattel of the husband, the father and the church. This power over women was about reproduction, nothing else. Wrap this desire into some malarkey about God or Jesus forbidding the destruction of the fetus while at the same time apparently designing women to naturally abort fertilized eggs on almost a monthly basis and you have the basis for your insane attitude towards allowing others to control the wombs of women.
Why do you keep bringing God and the Bible into this conversation?
Nothing I have said about my value on life is due to anything I read in the Bible. The Bible was not part of my argument. Yet, you insist on blathering about it.

I don't care that you are fine with abortion.
I don't care that you think nothing of life.

Why are you working so hard to convert me into your disregard for human life?

EatTheRich

President
The reigning king was so evil that he would be willing to kill every male child under two years old.
There's no historical or archaeological evidence of the kind we would expect to find if this had actually happened. Beyond that, I disagree that Jesus saved the world. I can grant that abortion has probably deprived humanity of individuals who would have done wonderful things (although usually if the collective demand is great enough an individual to meet that demand is found); it has deprived us, likewise, of individuals who would have done horrible things, and of individuals who would've had little impact on the lives of others. Contraception has done the same. Abstinence has done the same.

You may not agree with Blackmore's decision to have an abortion, or indeed with her pessimistic judgment about the state of the world today. But shouldn't she be entitled to decide for herself? Is she obligated to bring a child into the world because she may be the next Mary and her child the next Jesus?

EatTheRich

President
I think what Jen was getting at is....if it doesn't bother a woman after having an abortion. I'm sure your wife is a wonderful woman and she should be proud to know you feel that way. But would you say it never bothered her to have the abortions? I couldn't imagine it not......
When I asked my mother whether she'd had an abortion (she had one when I was a young child) and how she felt about it, she said she seldom thought about it, but when she did she was glad she made the decision because, among other things, it allowed her to choose to have my little sister.

EatTheRich

President

Contraceptives kill "human life" too.