• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

What is the best meal you've ever eaten?

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
Someone asked this a few days ago. It's a hard question to answer. The catch is you only get to pick one meal. You decide the criteria to use.

Ex:
Maybe it was something your mom or grandmother made.
Maybe the meal you ate the night you got engaged.
Maybe it was at some very high end restaurant.
Maybe something from the little corner Italian restaurant where you grew up.
Maybe it's something that you cook yourself.
Maybe it's a freshly caught trout that you caught cooked over a campfire.
Maybe a double meat steak sandwich from Jim's Steaks at 4th & South in Philadelphia.

Knock yourself out. What was your best meal?

EatTheRich

President
My taekwondo instructor had me doing “intermittent fasting” to drop weight for tournament season. So after 48 hours without anything to eat, I went to a Vietnamese restaurant and had an orange-glazed salmon with a side of rice, and let me tell you, every bite was a little piece of Heaven.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Someone asked this a few days ago. It's a hard question to answer. The catch is you only get to pick one meal. You decide the criteria to use.

Ex:
Maybe it was something your mom or grandmother made.
Maybe the meal you ate the night you got engaged.
Maybe it was at some very High end restaurant.
Maybe something from the little corner Italian restaurant where you grew up.
Maybe it's something that you cook yourself.
Maybe it's a freshly caught trout that you caught cooked over a campfire.
Maybe a double meat steak sandwich from Jim's Steaks at 4th & South in Philadelphia.

Knock yourself out. What was your best meal?
There are two places here in Southern California named Brophy Brothers. One, (the original) is in Santa Barbara and the other 30 miles down the coast in Ventura. Both are right on marinas. Nothing fancy, just great food, great drinks, great views, great friendly atmosphere and great weather up on the second story on the dock. My favorite meal is:

Steamed Mussels in an outstanding white wine and garlic based broth with sourdough bread.

A cup of the best white clam chowder ever With salt pepper and a splash of Tabasco..

Fire grilled fresh caught sea bass seasoned perfectly with excellent Cole slaw and fries

Best Bloody Mary with celery and olives. Heading up to Ventura tonight...

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
There are two places here in Southern California named Brophy Brothers. One, (the original) is in Santa Barbara and the other 30 miles down the coast in Ventura. Both are right on marinas. Nothing fancy, just great food, great drinks, great views, great friendly atmosphere and great weather up on the second story on the dock. My favorite meal is:

Steamed Mussels in an outstanding white wine and garlic based broth with sourdough bread.

A cup of the best white clam chowder ever With salt pepper and a splash of Tabasco..

Fire grilled fresh caught sea bass seasoned perfectly with excellent Cole slaw and fries

Best Bloody Mary with celery and olives. Heading up to Ventura tonight...
Speaking of seafood....

Who would have thought that you could find even DECENT, much less extraordinary seafood in Phoenix, AZ? Actually in Scottsdale. Unfortunately the name of the place has long left my memory but this was a little nice strip mall Mexican Seafood Restaurant on the main drag through Scottsdale. Looked like a business lunch type place, not cheap but certainly not super high class either.

Red Snapper Veracruz. Not exactly what you find online but similar. They did it their way. Now I'm not a real big seafood guy but this dish was one of the best meals I've ever eaten. Tomato based sauce with capers, onion, garlic maybe? pineapple, maybe raisins or currants, not sure exactly. The snapper fillets were cooked in the sauce and it was served on a bed of jasmine rice. Incredible. This was in the mid 1990s. I've tried to do Snapper Veracruz many times but haven't even come close.

You never know what you can find.