• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

What pandemic? Trump goes golfing

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
I kid you not! Trump went golfing in the middle of a cataclysmic pandemic! All true!

;-)
How many people did he kill by going golfing? You're right, the optics are horrible. He should be hiding in his basement...like Biden.

Raoul_Luke

Again, the USA is dealing very well with the coronavirus, as compared to other developed nations:

And the "lockdowns" did nothing to stem the tide of infections:

Screenshot 2020-05-23 at 6.43.19 AM.png

What, precisely, did Trump not do that should have been done?

Did he use faulty models to project massive numbers of dead that drove horrendous decision making and led to the implementation of draconian (and unnecessary) proscribed behavior patterns? No, that would be the left wing technocrats and the democrats who saw this virus as an opportunity to seize authoritarian powers that they have no legal right to assume.

Did he put the entire nation to house arrest and place millions of vulnerable children at the mercy of abusive adults without the benefit of teacher interactions to protect them? No that would be the democrats (again).

Did he close down millions of businesses and throw tens of millions into unemployment, driving them into depression and the throes of drug and alcohol abuse? No, that would be the democrats (again).

Did he require nursing homes to accept covid-19 patients, thereby leading to tens of thousands of deaths of the least able to fend for themselves, while leaving the rest vulnerable to unchecked elder abuse? No, that would be the democrats (again).

Did he withhold requested aid to the worst stricken states? No, he sent field and navy hospitals which sat largely vacant throughout.

Did he fail to provide ventilators to the worst hit states? No, he provided them and they, too were unused.

Did he stand in the way of potentially helpful medical treatments? No, that would be the left that hectors anyone who suggests the dying should be given a chance to try them.

You people really have a lot of nerve complaining about Trump's behavior in response to the coronavirus epidemic.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Again, the USA is dealing very well with the coronavirus, as compared to other developed nations:

And the "lockdowns" did nothing to stem the tide of infections:

View attachment 52184

What, precisely, did Trump not do that should have been done?

Did he use faulty models to project massive numbers of dead that drove horrendous decision making and led to the implementation of draconian (and unnecessary) proscribed behavior patterns? No, that would be the left wing technocrats and the democrats who saw this virus as an opportunity to seize authoritarian powers that they have no legal right to assume.

Did he put the entire nation to house arrest and place millions of vulnerable children at the mercy of abusive adults without the benefit of teacher interactions to protect them? No that would be the democrats (again).

Did he close down millions of businesses and throw tens of millions into unemployment, driving them into depression and the throes of drug and alcohol abuse? No, that would be the democrats (again).

Did he require nursing homes to accept covid-19 patients, thereby leading to tens of thousands of deaths of the least able to fend for themselves, while leaving the rest vulnerable to unchecked elder abuse? No, that would be the democrats (again).

Did he withhold requested aid to the worst stricken states? No, he sent field and navy hospitals which sat largely vacant throughout.

Did he fail to provide ventilators to the worst hit states? No, he provided them and they, too were unused.

Did he stand in the way of potentially helpful medical treatments? No, that would be the left that hectors anyone who suggests the dying should be given a chance to try them.

You people really have a lot of nerve complaining about Trump's behavior in response to the coronavirus epidemic.
Trump denied the pandemic for 6 weeks, did nothing to get the country ready for it.

When Trump imposed that limited travel ban from China, he let in all those Europeans.....yet the virus had already spread all over Europe. They arrived in New York and Newark, were waved on instead of stopped to be tested and quarantined if necessary.

Raoul_Luke

Trump denied the pandemic for 6 weeks, did nothing to get the country ready for it.

When Trump imposed that limited travel ban from China, he let in all those Europeans.....yet the virus had already spread all over Europe. They arrived in New York and Newark, were waved on instead of stopped to be tested and quarantined if necessary.
I must have missed all of the left's calls for banning travel from Europe before he did that. But, yes, you're right - he was late on that one.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
"Trump arrives at his Virginia golf club for the second time this weekend. Per CNN’s count, this is his 358th visit to one of his properties and his 266th trip to one of his golf clubs since he took office in January 2017.”

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I must have missed all of the left's calls for banning travel from Europe before he did that. But, yes, you're right - he was late on that one.
Trump needs pro-science smarties on the left to tell him what to do?
You're probably right.
Pelosi and Schumer pressed Trump to fly flags at half staff as we reach the 100,000 deaths from COVID-19 mark.

Raoul_Luke

Trump needs pro-science smarties on the left to tell him what to do?
You're probably right.
Pelosi and Schumer pressed Trump to fly flags at half staff as we reach the 100,000 deaths from COVID-19 mark.
So what's the "science" behind flying the flags at half staff?

BobbyT

Governor
Donald is POTUS, why does he need to wait for the left to call for him to do the right thing? Can he not think for himself.

Wait. That was a stupid question. Of course he can't, hence your comment that the left is to blame for Donald's inaction.

BobbyT

Governor
So what's the "science" behind flying the flags at half staff?
Science? None. It's a show of compassion and solidarity for and with the citizens of the country he supposedly runs. But Donald doesn't have the capacity for such shows, as they require he think about someone besides himself. That's not in his repertoire.

Raoul_Luke

Science? None. It's a show of compassion and solidarity for and with the citizens of the country he supposedly runs. But Donald doesn't have the capacity for such shows, as they require he think about someone besides himself. That's not in his repertoire.
If only you could muster one-tenth the outrage at the democratic governors who shoved covid-19 infected patients through the doors of the nation's nursing homes, sentencing tens of thousands of our most vulnerable citizens to a lonely, agonizing deaths, as you do for Trump failing to "get" the meaningless optics of flying the White House's flags at half staff. Have a nice Memorial Day...

Raoul_Luke

Donald is POTUS, why does he need to wait for the left to call for him to do the right thing? Can he not think for himself.

Wait. That was a stupid question. Of course he can't, hence your comment that the left is to blame for Donald's inaction.
I must have missed the "scientists'" recommendation to Trump at the time to end travel from Europe that he rejected. We all have 20/20 hind sight.

BobbyT

Governor
If only you could muster one-tenth the outrage at the democratic governors who shoved covid-19 infected patients through the doors of the nation's nursing homes, sentencing tens of thousands of our most vulnerable citizens to a lonely, agonizing deaths, as you do for Trump failing to "get" the meaningless optics of flying the White House's flags at half staff. Have a nice Memorial Day...
Nothing that anyone else has done excuses or mitigates or lessens the epic disaster of Donald's handling of this pandemic, as much as you'd like to change the subject to anybody else.

BobbyT

Governor
I must have missed the "scientists'" recommendation to Trump at the time to end travel from Europe that he rejected. We all have 20/20 hind sight.
So you want the "scientists" or the "democrats" to tell him what to do. Nice to see you finally acknowledge how incompetent he is. He had all the information available about the pandemic. You want to give him credit for shutting off travel from China but a complete pass on not doing so for Europe. Typical supporter of Donald: he gets credit for everything, responsibility for nothing.