• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

what really scares the shit out of me is having all three

Council Member
Branches of govt and the supreme court all controlled by one party.
1930/30's all over again, people left to fend for themselves relying on churches for any type of help in times of need, and we remember how well that worked out!
Not to mention with the demise of SS we will once again be Dependant on our kids for the rest of our old age. Sure hope mine remember how well I took care of them, but really I think I would rather just crawl away and die with the rest of those who don't have someone to fend for them.

Oh my goodness I'm getting chills right now from that thought of the republicans having total control.

Zarathustra

Council Member
GOPussies having total control. That scares you?
You scare easy.
What you better hope doesn't happen is a serious Nationalist emergence into the debate.
That.......a person like you.......should worry about.

Council Member
No you guys scare me enough! Not for myself but for all those out there that will be effected for lifetimes to comes. Libertarians will even turn to the left in droves. the only good thing will be there will be another election in 4 more years, if the right hasn't outlawed the democratic party or anyone who might contend with them.

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
Mr. 8's,

Agreed, look at the harm that was wrought but the first two years of the Obama administration. Fortunately for the US, the next four years, more rational people will be in charge of the three branches of government.

Mytzlplk

Governor
indeed, that's why I always break down and punch the dem button -- SCOTUS appointments

if we have anymore like Roberts, Scalito, etc appointed, I may move to Canada...lol

Cicero

Mayor
Yeah it certainly was terrifying when the Democratic Party controlled both the executive and legislative branches from the beginning of 2009 to the end of 2010 and were feverishly working on gaining control of the third branch when voters wisely decided that the mentally challenged should not, in fact, have total control of this nation. We are in agreement there.

NCmusicman

Governor
Obama had a super majority in Congress.
That's how Obama got away with appointing Communist CZARS to destroy the USA and bully Obamacare through that the nations majority of citizens did not want.

Obama's first 2 years were with a Democrat controlled Senate (and with a super majority until Ted Kennedy died and the Dems lost his seat) , a Democrat controlled House ... and Obama used his position as a power hungry Stalin would. Remember Obama's attitute was "I won, You lost." and "Elections Have Consequenses".

Like an onlooking Canadian said last week on a radio show: Obama is a wrecking ball against the USA.

Thank God the nation woke up last year and changed the House to Republican or we might not even have a country by now.

Proud Progressive

Council Member
That's how Obama got away with appointing Communist CZARS to destroy the USA and bully Obamacare through that the nations majority of citizens did not want.

Obama's first 2 years were with a Democrat controlled Senate (and with a super majority until Ted Kennedy died and the Dems lost his seat) , a Democrat controlled House ... and Obama used his position as a power hungry Stalin would. Remember Obama's attitute was "I won, You lost." and "Elections Have Consequenses".

Like an onlooking Canadian said last week on a radio show: Obama is a wrecking ball against the USA.

Thank God the nation woke up last year and changed the House to Republican or we might not even have a country by now.
"Communist CZARS".......I find it interesting that people are willing to use out-right lies in an attempt to slander opposing politcal points of view.

There ought to be a law............

MaryAnne

Governor
"Communist CZARS".......I find it interesting that people are willing to use out-right lies in an attempt to slander opposing politcal points of view.

Welcome to PJ.Happy to see you posting.

It takes a lot of practice to lie with a straight face.
:wave: :welcome:

(Obama's New Year's resolution is to avoid or otherwise circumvent Congress's, and by extension, the people's wishes in order to maintain the appearance of presidentiality and enhance his re election prospects. What say? All Hail Julius Ceasar! or simply Sieg Heil!
Notice how the members of the journolist, the LA Times and Google represented here, don't hesitate to pile onto the story extolling the message that their God, their Messiah, is "Free! Free! Free at last!)

"Reporting from Honolulu— Heading into the new year, President Obama will insist that Congress renew the payroll tax cut through the end of 2012, but will otherwise limit his dealings with an unpopular Congress, and instead travel the country to deliver his reelection message directly to voters, a White House aide said.

"In terms of the president's relationship with Congress in 2012 — the state of the debate, if you will — the president is no longer tied to Washington, D.C.," spokesman Josh Earnest said in a news briefing in Honolulu."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-obama-plans-20120101,0,2595075.story

"HONOLULU (AP) — Leaving behind a year of bruising legislative battles, President Barack Obama enters his fourth year in office having calculated that he no longer needs Congress to promote his agenda and may even benefit in his re-election campaign if lawmakers accomplish little in 2012.

Absent any major policy pushes, much of the year will focus on winning a second term. The president will keep up a robust domestic travel schedule and aggressive campaign fundraising and use executive action to try to boost the economy.

Partisan, down-to-the-wire fights over allowing the nation to take on more debt and sharply reducing government spending defined 2011. In the new year, there are almost no must-do pieces of legislation facing the president and Congress.

The one exception is the looming debate on a full-year extension of a cut in the Social Security payroll tax rate from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent. Democrats and Republicans are divided over how to put in place that extension.

The White House believes GOP lawmakers boxed themselves in during the pre-Christmas debate on the tax break and will be hard-pressed to back off their own assertions that it should continue through the end of 2012.

Once that debate is over, the White House says, Obama's political fate will no longer be tied to Washington."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iZ_Jql9kz_Sw-SYyykhypesEHdDg?docId=2d937a2b9f3741bb963e5092b70637be

Lukey

Senator
"...but really I think I would rather just crawl away and die with the rest of those who don't have someone to fend for them."

Sounds like you are finally catching on to the whole "personal responsibility" thing. If your kids don't want to pick up your slack, what makes you think I should?

justoffal

Senator
That's only because you don't realize that the two party system is a scam...DC has one major political party with two minor branches. The corporatism party with the left and right wing sub divisions....behind closed doors they all eat, drink and get merry together on the plunder of the national treasury.

NCmusicman

Governor
Look it up - Van Jones was Obama's Green Jobs CZAR - outright communist.
Look it up - Obama's publicist Anita Dunn said "Chairman Mao is my hero to look up to"... do you know how many people he killed?
Look it up - Chairman Mao ornament on the Obama Christmas tree.
Being ignorant is not making liberals look good at all... but rather stupid.

fairsheet

Senator

Mandater, the last time you mistakenly suggested that the Democrats held a "super-majority", you were corrected by way of linkage to the facts. The Democrats never held a "super-majority" - before or after Kennedy passed on. The first time you posted this falsehood, it was reasonable to assume that you were simply mistaken. Now though, the only explanation is that you're lying.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I bet it didn't scare you when the Obamanuts had it.

Branches of govt and the supreme court all controlled by one party.
1930/30's all over again, people left to fend for themselves relying on churches for any type of help in times of need, and we remember how well that worked out!
Not to mention with the demise of SS we will once again be Dependant on our kids for the rest of our old age. Sure hope mine remember how well I took care of them, but really I think I would rather just crawl away and die with the rest of those who don't have someone to fend for them.

Oh my goodness I'm getting chills right now from that thought of the republicans having total control.

TomFitz

Mayor
Oh yeah, that's that right wing radio show that originates in Canada and is aimed at the US audience in a weak effort to convince the crackers that their view is held by people outside the trailer park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TomFitz

Mayor
Fully thing about that.....

Consider two of the big things the GOP rants and raves about now. privatizing Social Security, and making the Bush tax cuts permanent.

When the GOP actually DID control both houses of Congress, the Presidency and the Supreme Court, neither happened.

Bush regularly pleaded with his congresses to make his tax cuts permanent. But they never even introduced a bill.

Same with Social Security privatization. No proposal ever made it out of committee.

It's the same dynamic as with fiscal responsibility.

The GOP is only interested in these things when the OTHER guy is in the hot seat.