• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

what really scares the shit out of me is having all three

Minotaur

Governor
I understand 8's and that is my feeling about divided government being important for slowing down government but in extrodinary times that division can be a real hinderence to digging out of economic messes because of the game playing. This round I think I've seen enough to think that President Obama needs help in getting this ship upright. This is not a time for games or weak ideology. I'm going straight democrat ticket because I have seen enough.

Pogue Mahone

Legalize it.
You don't mean one party, you mean the republican party. You'd be giddy like a schoolgirl if the dems regained control of all the branches. Don't deny it.

Council Member
You don't mean one party, you mean the republican party. You'd be giddy like a schoolgirl if the dems regained control of all the branches. Don't deny it.
You betcha because they aren't trying to take control to kill govt and privatize it. They aren't looking for ways to make sure that average Americans can't have a say in what the country should be like. And they don't want to restrict the rights of people based on financial and religious beliefs.
Yes I would say that Democrats in charge of the congress and president would be a very good thing for Americans, Republicans being in charge will be very good for rich republicans, but not so good for those republicans who vote them in that don't happen to be rich. Unless all they are worried about is GAYS, GUNS and GOD, but don't expect anything else clowns.

Council Member
Yes and so would you till they made your life just as miserable as the rest of us and you finally realize they just use you to game the system of govt and slant it in their direction, and its dimwits who make it happen because they can't remember what it was like even just a few years ago after 5 years under bush that sent our economy into the biggest dive in 65 years over the last three years. and all the republicans had to say was JUST SAY NO and we will win again because people don't remember the past and how bad it was, we can blame it on OBAMA.

Jen

Senator
As deadlocked as things get when both parties hold parts of the government, it's best when it's that way. Honestly speaking, if the Republicans take both Senate and House, it would be better if Obama were reelected although I am not sure he is strong enough to hold his ground .........ever.........and he hasn't shown he has any abilities in bringing sides together at all. Maybe it would be better if the Democrats retained the Senate and the Republicans got the President and the House. The SCOTUS should remain at a 4/5 status........ 6/4, no matter who owns it is too far to go.

Looks like we agree somewhat on this one, 8's.

Branches of govt and the supreme court all controlled by one party.
1930/30's all over again, people left to fend for themselves relying on churches for any type of help in times of need, and we remember how well that worked out!
Not to mention with the demise of SS we will once again be Dependant on our kids for the rest of our old age. Sure hope mine remember how well I took care of them, but really I think I would rather just crawl away and die with the rest of those who don't have someone to fend for them.

Oh my goodness I'm getting chills right now from that thought of the republicans having total control.

Council Member
I think the not getting both side to agree had a lot more to do with your side than mine. The republicans just said no. If they couldn't get almost everything they wanted, even though what Obama wanted wasn't out of line and they could agree to it, they would not.

Trying to blame someone as being weak because they aren't willing to give the hotel away in order to get new shrubs is somehow not really fair in my mind JEN!

Jen

Senator
That's not why I dub Obama as "weak". He IS weak. Everyone knows it. Even Democrats know it. But it's okay if you don't admit it. I don't blame you and if he were in my party I would have trouble admitting it too.

I think the not getting both side to agree had a lot more to do with your side than mine. The republicans just said no. If they couldn't get almost everything they wanted, even though what Obama wanted wasn't out of line and they could agree to it, they would not.

Trying to blame someone as being weak because they aren't willing to give the hotel away in order to get new shrubs is somehow not really fair in my mind JEN!

Council Member
So you think that him standing his ground and not compromising when there were things he really felt he needed for the people would have been the right thing to do. Myself I would have said yes because I am old and I will survive, but I understand why he did it. The right would not give in unless they got much of what they wanted, just like the Bush Tax cuts. You think otherwise?
When every last republican votes no on things that they were for before Obama was elected, do you think he could have done better by just doing what?