• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

What should African-Americans do?

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
"We cooperate, we die. We run, we die. We fight back, we die. We beg, we die. We lie down, we die. We put our hands up, we die. We mind our own business, we die. We're unarmed, we die. We're detained we die.
Tell us what we are supposed to do to to keep the police from killing us?"
Copied from Facebook
May 28, 2020

Jack4freedom

Governor
"We cooperate, we die. We run, we die. We fight back, we die. We beg, we die. We lie down, we die. We put our hands up, we die. We mind our own business, we die. We're unarmed, we die. We're detained we die.
Copied from Facebook
May 28, 2020
Well, they sure shouldn’t be burning and looting target stores....Makes them look pretty stupid.

Mick

The Right is always right
Copied from Facebook
May 28, 2020
You kill each other. Maybe STOP doing it? Probably the first place to look. In the mirror.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
If you are not able to offer an answer to the question in the OP, maybe you should skip this thread. I'm not looking for trolls.
I am looking for real ideas/suggestions.
Thank you.

Mick

The Right is always right
What if African-Americans stop killing each other, but the police continue with their killing?
The shootings of blacks....just like the shootings of whites would completely evaporate to nothing if violent crime ended. Once again, as soon as you address what is really making the black community "die" in such large numbers you will have answered your own question.

If you are not able to offer an answer to the question in the OP, maybe you should skip this thread. I'm not looking for trolls.
The creation of this thread is a troll job. It's built on a false premise and accusation. If you were serious at all about stopping the "dying" in black communities you know exactly what would need to stop in order to end it. It's the leading cause of death for young black men......homicide at the hands of other blacks.

Jen

Senator
Copied from Facebook
May 28, 2020
Yes. There is a problem. What happened in Minneapolis was disgusting and terrible. I understand that black Americans are frustrated and possibly afraid.

What should you do?
1. Find a way to stop killing each other. White people can't come in and fix that for you. You have to do it yourselves.

2. Figure out how to restore the black family . The womens lib movement in the 1960's had some very bad elements. Again. White people can't fix that. You have to do it.

3. It shouldn't be difficult to find and get rid of the bad apples in the police forces. Those two officers that killed Floyd had a history of bad acting. They shouldn't have been there. No tolerance for bad apples. And when a white person does something heinous (like that woman who called a police because she saw a black man)..... arrest people like her. Fine them heavily. Pay restitution for someone detained because of her. That was disgusting.

4. I disagree with the post from facebook on some of those points. If you cooperate you usually won't die. You may be arrested. You may be treated wrong at some point. But you will probably survive. No one dies if they mind their own business and cooperate. That is a rarity.

5. Take a good hard look at the Democrat party that promises to fix things and never does. ... the party that passes out little gifts and compliments, but has its foot firmly on your shoulder to make sure you "owe" them. That Biden statement of if you don't vote for me, "you're not black" should have set off sirens. He might very well have said "I own you right down to the color of your skin". What he said was reprehensible.
I am not saying the Republicans are any better, but don't hand over your loyalty to someone who doesn't deserve it - including Republicans. Nobody owns anyone. We can all think for ourselves.

The answer to the problem is not to become looting, vandalizing, destroying thugs. That just reinforces the stereotype and makes things worse.

This is just mvho.

Copied from Facebook
May 28, 2020
Get out of the blue cities. The Democrats who run those shitholes want you dead.

Reactions: Jen

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
I just saw a YouTube video saying Derek Chauvin ( the policeman who had his knee on Mr. Floyd's throat) has been arrested and charged with murder.
I didn't hear what the other three policemen will be charged with.
I'm so glad the authorities in Minneapolis are doing the right thing.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
The shootings of blacks....just like the shootings of whites would completely evaporate to nothing if violent crime ended. Once again, as soon as you address what is really making the black community "die" in such large numbers you will have answered your own question.

The creation of this thread is a troll job. It's built on a false premise and accusation. If you were serious at all about stopping the "dying" in black communities you know exactly what would need to stop in order to end it. It's the leading cause of death for young black men......homicide at the hands of other blacks.
What would need to stop is the way Black men are viewed by many law enforcement people.
As the OP clearly illustrates, it makes absolutely no difference what an unarmed Black man does, he can still end up dead.
And the policeman who kills him usually walks---all he has to say is: "I feared for my life".
Thankfully, the thug who killed George Floyd will not get off so easy.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Copied from Facebook
May 28, 2020
You're exaggerating, dear. Yes, what happened to George Floyd is a tragedy and a travesty, and the cop should be drawn and quartered for it. But black people are not being murdered by cops on a daily, hour by hour, minute by minute basis.
Most blacks, who are murdered in this country, are killed by other blacks; just as most whites, who are murdered. are killed by other whites.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Yes. There is a problem. What happened in Minneapolis was disgusting and terrible. I understand that black Americans are frustrated and possibly afraid.

What should you do?
1. Find a way to stop killing each other. White people can't come in and fix that for you. You have to do it yourselves.

2. Figure out how to restore the black family . The womens lib movement in the 1960's had some very bad elements. Again. White people can't fix that. You have to do it.

3. It shouldn't be difficult to find and get rid of the bad apples in the police forces. Those two officers that killed Floyd had a history of bad acting. They shouldn't have been there. No tolerance for bad apples. And when a white person does something heinous (like that woman who called a police because she saw a black man)..... arrest people like her. Fine them heavily. Pay restitution for someone detained because of her. That was disgusting.

4. I disagree with the post from facebook on some of those points. If you cooperate you usually won't die. You may be arrested. You may be treated wrong at some point. But you will probably survive. No one dies if they mind their own business and cooperate. That is a rarity.

5. Take a good hard look at the Democrat party that promises to fix things and never does. ... the party that passes out little gifts and compliments, but has its foot firmly on your shoulder to make sure you "owe" them. That Biden statement of if you don't vote for me, "you're not black" should have set off sirens. He might very well have said "I own you right down to the color of your skin". What he said was reprehensible.
I am not saying the Republicans are any better, but don't hand over your loyalty to someone who doesn't deserve it - including Republicans. Nobody owns anyone. We can all think for ourselves.

The answer to the problem is not to become looting, vandalizing, destroying thugs. That just reinforces the stereotype and makes things worse.

This is just mvho.
Thank you, Jen. You bring up some very good points. I don't agree with all of them, but I appreciate your input.

Reactions: Jen

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
You're exaggerating, dear. Yes, what happened to George Floyd is a tragedy and a travesty, and the cop should be drawn and quartered for it. But black people are not being murdered by cops on a daily, hour by hour, minute by minute basis.
Most blacks, who are murdered in this country, are killed by other blacks; just as most whites, who are murdered. are killed by other whites.
That still doesn't excuse a policeman killing someone under the color of authority.
My OP is not really an exaggeration. I can think of unarmed Black men who were killed in each of those scenarios.
1) We cooperate, we die: Philando Castille.
2) We run, we die: Walter Scott.
3) We fight, we die: Trayvon Martin.
4) We lie down, we die: Eric Garner
5) We put our hands up, we die: Micheal Brown
6) We mind our own business, we die: Ahmaud Abery
7) We're unarmed, we die: Stephon Clark
8) We're detained, we die: Laquan McDonald.

There are many others. These were the ones who just popped into my mind.

Sounds like Trump wants people dead too. What did he say on Twitter? "Shoot the looters".
Tragic.
You can't improve your situation until you recognize what the problem is. Trump talking about shooting looters isn't the problem. The Democrats who run the states and the cities where the looting, and the killings, and the drugs, and the gangs, and the dirty cops, and the poverty, and the shitty schools are accepted and even encouraged are the problem. Demand better from your "leaders".

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
That still doesn't excuse a policeman killing someone under the color of authority.
My OP is not really an exaggeration. I can think of unarmed Black men who were killed in each of those scenarios.
1) We cooperate, we die: Philando Castille.
2) We run, we die: Walter Scott.
3) We fight, we die: Trayvon Martin.
4) We lie down, we die: Eric Garner
5) We put our hands up, we die: Micheal Brown
6) We mind our own business, we die: Ahmaud Abery
7) We're unarmed, we die: Stephon Clark

There are many others. These were the ones who just popped into my mind.
1) We cooperate, we die: Philando Castille. (Castille was reaching for a gun.)

2) We run, we die: Walter Scott. (And the cop was held accountable)

3) We fight, we die: Trayvon Martin. (Martin was not killed by a cop. he was killed by a neighborhood watchman that HE was trying to kill).

4) We lie down, we die: Eric Garner (Yes, police brutality)

5) We put our hands up, we die: Micheal Brown (Bullshit..Brown was attacking a cop and the cop killed him in defense of his own life).

6) We mind our own business, we die: Ahmaud Abery (Hopefully the two men will be
held accountable for).

7) We're unarmed, we die: Stephon Clark (Don't know these last two).