• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

What should African-Americans do?

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
I know there are still racists in this country, Rose, but it comes nowhere close to what I saw and experienced growing up in the 50s and 60s. My family, grandparents, aunts and uncles, etc. were all Democrats and blind racists. They hated black people for no good reason. As far as I know, none of them were ever robbed, raped, beaten up, or murdered by any black person. Their racism was totally irrational. I could never get anyone to tell me why they hated blacks. If it's any comfort to you, they didn't much like Mexicans either. But this was not just my family; everyone I knew was like that.

Several of my cousins and I, began questioning the causes of such racism, at around the age of 14, but we never received any answers that we thought were legitimate reasons to hate other people just because.
But it is not like that now, Rose. No matter what you are told, America is no longer like that. There will always be people who hate people, who are different from them, but an entire society is no longer like that.
JackDallas, I know race relations are not as bad as they were in the old days. You are a kind person to judge people as individuals, and not by their color. That's what I strive to do also.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
The data is literally all over the place. And it in no way backs your assertion.
The data shows minorities were wrongly targeted in stop and frisk and more minorities are stopped in traffic for no cause. Trump misleads. Don't be like Trump.

And remember, Trump wants his supporters to comport themselves according to his statement: "MAGA loves the black people."

Corruptbuddha

Governor
The data shows minorities were wrongly targeted in stop and frisk and more minorities are stopped in traffic for no cause. Trump misleads. Don't be like Trump.

And remember, Trump wants his supporters to comport themselves according to his statement: "MAGA loves the black people."
Prove it. Show your data. You’re as full of crap as a Christmas turkey. Prove it.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Prove it. Show your data. You’re as full of crap as a Christmas turkey. Prove it.
Remember the Central Park 5? Five young black guys convicted of raping a lady. Trump took an ad out in the NYT calling for them to be put to death. The 5 ended up being exonerated with DNA evidence and released from prison. Trump still wants them back in prison.
Don't be like Trump.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Jack Dallas, when you have time please read, "How Not to Get Shot" by D.L. Hughley. D.L. is an African-American comedian, so his book will make you laugh but it will also make you think. He discusses all the different advice White people give African-Americans concerning police stops. Then, he goes on to explain how none of the advice works in real life.
I'm sure your local library has this book.
I know who DL Hughley is. And I have no doubt that blacks have a harder time when confronted by police. I'm an older white man; I haven't been hassled by cops since I was in High School.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Remember the Central Park 5? Five young black guys convicted of raping a lady. Trump took an ad out in the NYT calling for them to be put to death. The 5 ended up being exonerated with DNA evidence and released from prison. Trump still wants them back in prison.
Don't be like Trump.
How do you know Trump wants them back in prison?