• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

When did 'policing' begin in the United States?

write on

Senator
I believe that this was the beginning of where we are today in the black vs white gun violence argument.

And most likely why the debate on reparations is still a somewhat hot topic.

"The history of policing can be traced back to the days of slavery in colonial America. In the South, where slavery was central to the economy, slave patrols, responsible for capturing runaway slaves and returning them to their masters, was the first unofficial police in America. Considering how slavery itself was one of the most egregious treatments of mankind in human history, slave patrols were especially cruel in the ways they captured runaway slaves and punished them for their daring escapes. Slave rebellions were a constant threat to the economic status quo of the southern plantation owners, and slave patrols ensured that these owners were able to intimidate and punish any insurgencies or revolts. In return, these wealthy plantation owners protected the interests of the slave catchers. As a result, this practice created a social hierarchy between the wealthy landowners at the top, the slave patrols separating the wealthy from the poor, and the slaves who were at the bottom of this hierarchy."

I believe that this was the beginning of where we are today in the black vs white gun violence argument.

"The history of policing can be traced back to the days of slavery in colonial America. In the South, where slavery was central to the economy, slave patrols, responsible for capturing runaway slaves and returning them to their masters, was the first unofficial police in America. Considering how slavery itself was one of the most egregious treatments of mankind in human history, slave patrols were especially cruel in the ways they captured runaway slaves and punished them for their daring escapes. Slave rebellions were a constant threat to the economic status quo of the southern plantation owners, and slave patrols ensured that these owners were able to intimidate and punish any insurgencies or revolts. In return, these wealthy plantation owners protected the interests of the slave catchers. As a result, this practice created a social hierarchy between the wealthy landowners at the top, the slave patrols separating the wealthy from the poor, and the slaves who were at the bottom of this hierarchy."

Why are you trying to make this about Race. The cops are black, the victim is black, the police chief is black, the mayor is black and the city leaders are black.

watch "gangs of NY" next time it shows up on cable.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
For some, admitting the truth weighs too much on their pride.
amazing how you talk to yourself and this is how citizens get such great cops in say Memphis

Military has done the same shit since majority of Americans are not willing to serve their country and Memphis was a hell-hole back in 70's when I was stationed at Middleton.........appears a pure sewer now.

When will you admit the truth?

Stacey Abrams adviser said burning police car, smashing windows isn't 'violence' after anti-cop chaos (msn.com)

Last edited:

Spamature

President
Memphis was a hell-hole back in 70's when I was stationed at Middleton.........appears a pure sewer now.
When will you admit the truth instead of gloating about the results ?

Slavery, Jim Crow, the ongoing Southern Strategy, and its companion attack, the war on drugs.

That would leave any group of people with the same problems.

Policing was critical in achieving conditions you love to point out, they were a necessary component to most of those ills.

Spamature

President

That is a problem with policing. You can bet those guys all give each other high fives over these kinds of beatings until they got caught up in this. They create these special units and turn them loose in those communities with no real oversight. Given a free hand like this, sometimes they become street gangs themselves. It's happened in a lot a major cities.

HBO did a miniseries about one of these units in Baltimore.

Last edited:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Gloat on their misery until you choke on your own laughter.
It's a free country, and it always has been, for some.
Why do you leftist ignore the blacks killing blacks in blue inner cities
Evidently it's free for them to murder each other and leftist ignoring that and the only one blacks need fear are other blacks now even if cops

Spamature

President
Why do you leftist ignore the blacks killing blacks in blue inner cities
Evidently it's free for them to murder each other and leftist ignoring that and the only one blacks need fear are other blacks now even if cops
Why do you ignore the hundreds of years of abuse and isolation that would lead to these problems regardless of the color of the people it was imposed upon ?

Instead you gloat about its results while singing cry me a river.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Why do you ignore the hundreds of years of abuse and isolation that would lead to these problems regardless of the color of the people it was imposed upon ?

Instead you gloat about its results while singing cry me a river.
Yes, blacks have been killing blacks for hundreds of years and more killed in recent decades.........blacks hate blacks, evidently, so much there's many TV show's of blacks killing blacks crime shows now and it's amazing what their parents name them may be the reason.

How old were you before you learned to spell your name, 10 or 12?

:)

Spamature

President
Yes, blacks have been killing blacks for hundreds of years and more killed in recent decades.........blacks hate blacks, evidently, so much there's many TV show's of blacks killing blacks crime shows now and it's amazing what their parents name them may be the reason.

How old were you before you learned to spell your name, 10 or 12?

:)
Blacks have been tormented for hundreds of years, it has never let up in any decade in American history. You seem joyful in their misery.
They surely do get demonized in the media. But what did the Nixon admin confess to ?
Wasn't it their goal to makes sure blacks were demonized nightly on TV ?
Looks like a plan that worked to me.
I suppose you think they should be faithful proper adopt and keep the traditions of their former masters. They don't. So they don't name their children in the fashion of the former slave masters.

How old were you when you gave up your fetish for peanut hunting.
Oh wait, you never did give it up. You love them too much.
I hope I don't have to post another childhood photo of your enjoyment.

amazing how you talk to yourself and this is how citizens get such great cops in say Memphis

Military has done the same shit since majority of Americans are not willing to serve their country and Memphis was a hell-hole back in 70's when I was stationed at Middleton.........appears a pure sewer now.

When will you admit the truth?

Stacey Abrams adviser said burning police car, smashing windows isn't 'violence' after anti-cop chaos (msn.com)
As this Christiananality pedophilia national religion of SCOTUS, those crooks on Capital Hill & Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate fiefdom drug trafficking enforcement tradition of "man is God" where if a Washington, D.C. born USA citizen is under doctor or hospital care there's no equal justice under law as when JFK died where had purchased a National Archives US Constitution Bill of Rights at the National Archives which was promptly stolen & burned as when waiting for medical care at a Navy Hospital where Klues Klucks duh Klans Federal Lynching churchstate drug trafficking enforcement stole & burned a US Constitution establishing McHeil's Navy where it made no difference how many National Archives US Constitution Bill of Rights could be purchased as they would all have been Rehnquist's Fourth Reich July supreme swastika up Uranus kangaroo court enforcement of attempting to be purchased at a Navy Hospital; even for "what is 9/11?"

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Blacks have been tormented for hundreds of years, it has never let up in any decade in American history. You seem joyful in their misery.
They surely do get demonized in the media. But what did the Nixon admin confess to ?
Wasn't it their goal to makes sure blacks were demonized nightly on TV ?
Looks like a plan that worked to me.
I suppose you think they should be faithful proper adopt and keep the traditions of their former masters. They don't. So they don't name their children in the fashion of the former slave masters.

How old were you when you gave up your fetish for peanut hunting.
Oh wait, you never did give it up. You love them too much.
I hope I don't have to post another childhood photo of your enjoyment.
So blacks kill blacks by dump truck loads becaue they were tormented

dammmmmmmmmmmmm

You have a peanut fetish of young kids, seek mental help, where you ever a Mayor?

Former California Democratic mayor pleads no contest to child sex crimes: reports (msn.com)

Last edited: