• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

when Republicans insult the poor

fairsheet

Senator
I read your question...that had no context.

Is it possible to insult the poor? Yes, as you agree later.
I think what he's saying - without having the guts to say it - is that since (in his nasty little peabrain) being poor is by definition a bad thing, it's redundant* to call it out as a bad thing.

*he uses the word "impossible" but I think he really means "redundant".

Caroljo

Senator
watch the video in the link. Pres Obama pointed out that FoxNews insults the poor and John Stewart presented clips of them actually doing just that.

heck, you repub/cons insult the poor everyday here on PJ.
Like I said...bullsh*t. The left love to get their 'news' from Stewart...a comedian!
NOBODY is putting down the poor. Who they're putting down are the lazy pieces of crap that don't WANT to work and all they want are handouts. If you say NONE of them do this, then you're just as bad as they are. Obama and the rest of you make it out to be that they're talking about all the poor people. That's a lie.

Like I said...bullsh*t. The left love to get their 'news' from Stewart...a comedian!
NOBODY is putting down the poor. Who they're putting down are the lazy pieces of crap that don't WANT to work and all they want are handouts. If you say NONE of them do this, then you're just as bad as they are. Obama and the rest of you make it out to be that they're talking about all the poor people. That's a lie.

It appears Leibowitz is grasping at the last tendrils of fame and relevance before he becomes a has-been.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
NOBODY? FoxNews puts down the poor.....everyday. videos don't lie.

Pres Obama pointed out that FoxNews talks about poverty/the poor, "not of economic conditions, but of character" and added that FoxNews calls the poor "leeches, sponges, lazy."

further, FoxNews' guests say of the poor - they're "living the good life," it's the US of Entitlement, "moocher class," "subsidized freeloaders, " sleep till noon."

Stuart Varney in particular has been quoted as saying, "handout nation;" poor families have computers, refrigerators and microwaves," but the poor lack richness of spirit."

nowhere does anyone on FoxNews say SOME of the poor or a FEW of the poor. they use the negative character descriptors for ALL of the poor.

that's what FoxNews peddles 24/7......negative characterizations of ALL the poor. and that's what you PJ cons do, too.

Last edited:

Caroljo

Senator

Pres Obama pointed out that FoxNews talks about poverty/the poor, "not of economic conditions, but of character" and added that FoxNews calls the poor "leeches, sponges, lazy."

further, FoxNews' guests say of the poor - they're "living the good life," it's the US of Entitlement, "moocher class," "subsidized freeloaders, " sleep till noon."

Stuart Varney in particular has been quoted as saying, "handout nation;" poor families have computers, refrigerators and microwaves," but the poor lack richness of spirit."

nowhere does anyone on FoxNews say SOME of the poor or a FEW of the poor. they use the negative character descriptors for ALL of the poor.

that's what FoxNews peddles 24/7......negative characterizations of ALL the poor. and that's what you PJ cons do, too.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

of course, they do the same thing on con talk radio. that's why most of you cons have those talking points at the ready.

Caroljo

Senator

of course, they do the same thing on con talk radio. that's why most of you cons have those talking points at the ready.
You don't have to repeat yourself....I heard you the first time. It's still bullsh*t.

And as I've said over and over and over....I never listen to talk radio.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
You don't have to repeat yourself....I heard you the first time. It's still bullsh*t.

And as I've said over and over and over....I never listen to talk radio.
stop acting like a stupid child.

the FoxNews video clips are legitimate and they show how FoxNews, Stuart Varney and guests trash the poor. I know you're afraid to watch the video at the link in the top post....because it will prove how immature you are.

Caroljo

Senator
stop acting like a stupid child.

the FoxNews video clips are legitimate and they show how FoxNews, Stuart Varney and guests trash the poor. I know you're afraid to watch the video at the link in the top post....because it will prove how immature you are.
I'll stop once you stop being an idiot and believing everything you see. Showing PART of a conversation does not prove anything. Obama is acting like a spoiled kid, crying about those awful GOP and lying about what's being said and making it into something it's not. He has you just where he wants you....under his thumb!

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I'll stop once you stop being an idiot and believing everything you see. Showing PART of a conversation does not prove anything. Obama is acting like a spoiled kid, crying about those awful GOP and lying about what's being said and making it into something it's not. He has you just where he wants you....under his thumb!
what's really funny is how defensive FoxNews is over the legit criticism of their characterization of the poor. and YOU are freaked out and defensive, too.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Daily Show host Jon Stewart caught Fox Business’ Stuart Varney in a lie on Wednesday, showing footage undermining Varney’s claim that neither he nor his network were out to insult the poor.
“How f*cking removed from reality is Fox’s perception of their own coverage on poverty? The main defender of your network’s attitude towards those in poverty is the main offender,” Stewart said “He does segments that would make Ebenezer Scrooge go, ‘Hey, take it easy, these are people we’re talking about.'”

video at link.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/jon-stewart-destroys-fox-news-scrooge-varney-how-fcking-removed-from-reality-are-you/
Republicans do not insult the poor. That is a Liberal lie. Liberals are too stupid to understand context so they spin innocuous comments into something nefarious. It's a matter of Liberals projection of their own disdain for the poor onto the Right.

Last edited:

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Of course their defensive...wouldn't you be if someone was lying about you?
no one is lying about FoxNews/GOP-TV characterizing ALL poor people negatively. it's the truth. heck, they do the same with black people.
I also know that you CAN'T watch the video I posted because it will prove that you're deluding yourself.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
no one is lying about FoxNews/GOP-TV characterizing ALL poor people negatively. it's the truth. heck, they do the same with black people.
I also know that you CAN'T watch the video I posted because it will prove that you're deluding yourself.
No Julie, you are lying; and all the Liberal hate-sites that are advancing this narrative are lying, spinning it into bullshit lies. Your side does it because it's the only way you can stay in power.

Caroljo

Senator
I DID watch it....it's still bullsh*t.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I DID watch it....it's still bullsh*t.
this has been a test and you failed. it's word association. you know how that works. a word is given and you're to say the first thing that comes to mind.

every time the word POVERTY is presented, or the phrase POOR PEOPLE, every con on this board offers the same knee-jerk response, the same response that is on FoxNews' airwaves every day. tell me, is it a positive characterization of the poor or a negative characterization?

fairsheet

Senator
this has been a test and you failed. it's word association. you know how that works. a word is given and you're to say the first thing that comes to mind.

every time the word POVERTY is presented, or the phrase POOR PEOPLE, every con on this board offers the same knee-jerk response, the same response that is on FoxNews' airwaves every day. tell me, is it a positive characterization of the poor or a negative characterization?
FoxCorp has advantaged itself of a very lucrative market and they've done so in the finest innovative, capitalist, free market tradition. I don't see why Fox's saps are SO desperate to deny that which Fox's beancounters know damned well.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
FoxCorp has advantaged itself of a very lucrative market and they've done so in the finest innovative, capitalist, free market tradition. I don't see why Fox's saps are SO desperate to deny that which Fox's beancounters know damned well.
well, that brings us back to the old question.....are they deluding themselves or just not bright enough to get it?