• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

when Republicans insult the poor

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Daily Show host Jon Stewart caught Fox Business’ Stuart Varney in a lie on Wednesday, showing footage undermining Varney’s claim that neither he nor his network were out to insult the poor.
“How f*cking removed from reality is Fox’s perception of their own coverage on poverty? The main defender of your network’s attitude towards those in poverty is the main offender,” Stewart said “He does segments that would make Ebenezer Scrooge go, ‘Hey, take it easy, these are people we’re talking about.'”

video at link.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/jon-stewart-destroys-fox-news-scrooge-varney-how-fcking-removed-from-reality-are-you/

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
Daily Show host Jon Stewart caught Fox Business’ Stuart Varney in a lie on Wednesday, showing footage undermining Varney’s claim that neither he nor his network were out to insult the poor.
“How f*cking removed from reality is Fox’s perception of their own coverage on poverty? The main defender of your network’s attitude towards those in poverty is the main offender,” Stewart said “He does segments that would make Ebenezer Scrooge go, ‘Hey, take it easy, these are people we’re talking about.'”

video at link.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/jon-stewart-destroys-fox-news-scrooge-varney-how-fcking-removed-from-reality-are-you/
Jules,

Question. How is it even possible to insult the poor?

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
By pretending it isn't possible.
Mr. Craig,

I can see where you are confused. I am not talking about the general insult, but rather statement of facts related to the poor.

For example, you could say "holy crap, that chick is fug-ly." Now while it is true, poor chicks tend to be fatter and uglier than more well off chicks, it is not an insult directed solely at poor people.

On the other hand, if you say "if poor people were just a little more motivated and instead of smoking so much pot while they were in high school, they made something of themselves, they wouldn't be poor," that is a statement of fact, not an insult.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Mr. Craig,

I can see where you are confused. I am not talking about the general insult, but rather statement of facts related to the poor.

For example, you could say "holy crap, that chick is fug-ly." Now while it is true, poor chicks tend to be fatter and uglier than more well off chicks, it is not an insult directed solely at poor people.

On the other hand, if you say "if poor people were just a little more motivated and instead of smoking so much pot while they were in high school, they made something of themselves, they wouldn't be poor," that is a statement of fact, not an insult.
I am not confused in the slightest. It is possible to insult poor people. To pretend otherwise is, in fact, insulting to poor people.

Caroljo

Senator
What a bunch of bullsh*t. Obama is crying about Fox News....oh waaaaaaaa. All other fawn all over him, and Fox happens to tell the truth and tells the stories that other media won't and he cries about it. What a fricking crybaby! If it weren't for Fox nobody would know what's really going on.

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
I am not confused in the slightest. It is possible to insult poor people. To pretend otherwise is, in fact, insulting to poor people.
Mr. Craig,

Again, I explained your confusion. Yes, you can insult a person, poor or no, but you it is not possible to insult a poor person about a condition of their lives that is of their own doing.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Mr. Craig,

Again, I explained your confusion. Yes, you can insult a person, poor or no, but you it is not possible to insult a poor person about a condition of their lives that is of their own doing.
You see...you've needed to explain what you meant; to clarify your initial comment...

Jules,

That was your question, as we can all see. There is nothing in that question about their condition, their motivation or any other consideration. Poor. That's it.

Now...you say: Yes, you can insult a person, poor or no

I suppose you now know how it is possible.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
you insult the poor by passing legislation thats been proven to keep the poor dependent and poor...

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
You see...you've needed to explain what you meant; to clarify your initial comment...

That was your question, as we can all see. There is nothing in that question about their condition, their motivation or any other consideration. Poor. That's it.

Now...you say: Yes, you can insult a person, poor or no

I suppose you now know how it is possible.
Mr. Craig,

You are just the cutest thing, arguing for the sake of arguing, even after when proved wrong. Or perhaps you really didn't read the top link so you could see the context of my comments....

Naw, you've never known to be that lazy and ill-informed, wot....;)

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Mr. Craig,

You are just the cutest thing, arguing for the sake of arguing, even after when proved wrong. Or perhaps you really didn't read the top link so you could see the context of my comments....

Naw, you've never known to be that lazy and ill-informed, wot....;)
I read your question...that had no context.

Jules,

Is it possible to insult the poor? Yes, as you agree later.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member

video at link.

I doubt that happened. You saw what you wanted to see and gave it a liberal spin. Jon Stewart is an idiot.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
What a bunch of bullsh*t. Obama is crying about Fox News....oh waaaaaaaa. All other fawn all over him, and Fox happens to tell the truth and tells the stories that other media won't and he cries about it. What a fricking crybaby! If it weren't for Fox nobody would know what's really going on.
Hussein claims that FOX News makes people not like him. That's not what makes me not like the dirty SOB. The biggest contributors to my dislike of him are: Obama himself; MSNBC; NBC; CNN; CBS; and every other Liberal news outlet, because they don't actually report the news. If they were honest and did their jobs, Obama would never have been able to commit the crimes he has committed against the American people.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
watch the video in the link. Pres Obama pointed out that FoxNews insults the poor and John Stewart presented clips of them actually doing just that.

heck, you repub/cons insult the poor everyday here on PJ.