• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

When should Stay-at-Home have been effected nationally...

Days

Commentator
What ends would a revolution hope to achieve? Are they just revolting for the right to kill themselves via covid?
Ask me, a revolution only makes matters worse. But if you think this is all going to return back to normal -- it isn't that easy. and when you take away jobs from most American workers at the same time no less... that's a lot of anger to manage. There will be riots and revolts.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
When-should-stay-at-home-have-been-effected-nationally?

Never....because it would put Trump in a bad light. And we can't have that...ever, ever.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
i didnt say that. i said i was applying the silly rules of your game.

do try again...as youre in the wrong thread..... zzz...

oh, do you want to contribute with a date you would have ordered everyone to shelter in place and thereby destroy the US economy and trillions in asssets...

or are you just here to hijack with stupid shit?
Why should any of us post a date where we want to have it closed down nationally Lay when your Messiah hasn't even done it YET. He won't take responsibility for anything. He just passes the buck. And there are eight or more states governors all GOP who are willing to be his scapegoat.

Mick

The Right is always right
Why should any of us post a date where we want to have it closed down nationally Lay when your Messiah hasn't even done it YET. He won't take responsibility for anything. He just passes the buck. And there are eight or more states governors all GOP who are willing to be his scapegoat.
Focus on Andrew Cuomo's and de Blasio's failures in New York. Far more significant.

Bugsy McGurk

President
So did the WHO:

Nancy Pelosi:

And Mayor DeBlasio:

Your faith in news that comes out of China is fascinating, but I’m sure you know that our people knew better in January. So did Trump. Unless he just blew off his briefers, which is always possible.

Mick

Your faith in news that comes out of China is fascinating, but I’m sure you know that our people knew better in January. So did Trump. Unless he just blew off his briefers, which is always possible.
But Pelosi, de Blasio, and Cuomo didn't know in Febuary or March as they encouraged people to mingle and ignore it?

:D

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Speaking of "knowing better" in January, did Pelosi?

Did Cuomo?

Did DeBlasio?

Funny how you act like none of that happened...

Mick

Trump is the President. He's failing all of us. So suck that up. The fat POS is passing the buck.
Correct. He's the President and as such has to allocate resources to all 50 states. de Blasio and Cuomo are responsible for New York only. It is UGGLLYYY over there. Facts matter.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
So when I say something about the Constitutionality of the lock-down, and you reply with some kind of snarky ignorance thinking you have identified a "conspiracy theory" - what was your point?

This lockdown is unconstitutional, the president has no authority to lock down the nation, he can declare a national emergency, sure, even if it doesn't really constitute a national emergency, that is his decision. But lock down the nation, terminate employment for half of the people that were working? Not legal. And the Governors who gave those orders... just as illegal.

there are about a half dozen major wild cat strikes happening right now... not being covered by the MSM. Whether this social distancing was necessary or not, it sure as hell was not legal. You can play uninformed and ignorant all you want, you can even pretend this lockdown isn't happening, you can post any way you want to, but last time i checked i was responding to your top post asking when the stay at home should have been ordered? So I am directly on topic. Excuse me if my facts are inconvenient to your politics, but they are the facts, this ain't no conspiracy theory. If Trump doesn't end this farce soon, and even if he does, if it doesn't end well (there's no guarantee the economy will start back up again, no nation has ever shut down its entire economy before) ... there will be more strikes, riots, and maybe even revolution.

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't take away 100 million jobs and not expect a revolution unless you can give them their jobs back and fast.
maybe I misread something in your earlier posting. I wasn't disputing the constitutionality or not of the current situation. What I took away from your posting was the dis was a virus of man-made origin deliberately released upon mankind such that the world health organization and others could test pandemic theory in the midst of the ruination of the economies of the world. Did I get that correct?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
My complaint with Trump is his minimization of the danger. He told people not to be concerned, it was going to magically disappear, we only had 15 cases....He should have just introduced the experts and otherwise kept his hunches to himself.
I have no dispute with your assessment. My question was, and in your example when we only had 15 cases, was that the appropriate point in time to shut down the United States and subsequently driving our economy to ruin? And if not it's 15, when was the correct point in time to do so, thereby driving our economy to ruin.

My overarching point being it is an impossibly difficult call to make as the resulting catastrophic impacts, that we are living right now may in fact become insurmountable, and have in fact led to the loss of trillions of dollars from the economy, from retirement funds, from savings and so forth.

So in my opinion woulda coulda shoulda games have no place in the discussion ultimately it's probably one of the most difficult calls to make for any leader, because it may, and is leading to the economic destruction of our nation...

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
because everybody here seems to be a genius and knows the answer to everything. Are you saying you don't know everything? Cuz you sure should act like you do. It's an impossibly difficult call to make cuz it's destroying trillions of dollars in assets, finances, the markets, the economy. But everybody seems to know exactly when it should have been called, when in fact there is no way to pinpoint them with any level of certainty whatsoever