• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Who here can defend NPR and PBS for what they have become?

God of War

Governor
Too tall an order.
You Trumpist hear stuff on them that you don't want to hear.
Only you can give yourselves the courage to admit that you are wrong.
Glad to hear you understand why they have to go. NPR/PBS just needs to start doing what leftists refuse to do; hustle (selling ad space) to make a living.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
These institutions are not what they were by any stretch of the imagination. They need to go (as in zero public money). Convince me I'm wrong.
Do you watch or listen to either one?

NPR just had an investigation into a new technology for batteries.

PBS did a story about US military cemeteries around the world.

So what is your source to claim they are not worth funding?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
PBS and NPR have the right to exist, but they don't have the right to public money. Let them just be as Leftist as they want to be on their own money.
Nah. The cockeyed lefty battle cry is that we “remove churches’ tax exempt status” and fund taxpayer- fund NPR/PBS.

That’s nutcase Democrats for ya… :-/

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Nah. The cockeyed lefty battle cry is that we “remove churches’ tax exempt status” and fund taxpayer- fund NPR/PBS.

Churches that actually campaign for republicans are just peachy in your opinion? The pastor of my wife's church told the congregation that Bush was God's man in the White House and right wing preachers were standing up for Trump in both 2016 and 2020....

God of War

Governor

You can't tax churches. The power to tax is the power to destroy and the first amendment prohibits that kind of power by the government over churches. And so I give you the prohibition of taxation on the church. If you tax me and it ruins my church you would have violated my civil rights.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You can't tax churches. The power to tax is the power to destroy and the first amendment prohibits that kind of power by the government over churches. And so I give you the prohibition of taxation on the church. If you tax me and it ruins my church you would have violated my civil rights.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
A church can lose its tax exempt status if they engage in endorsing political candidates...

RickWA

Snagglesooth

Amendment I
This I know. I was speaking specifically to the lefty/Democrat overture to CHANGE law regarding church tax-exempt status (and juxtaposing this to their call to taxpayer-fund NPR/PBS).

Highlighting the CONSTANT absurdity of lefty Isiaiah 5’isms is critical at this point.

…not that lefty every introspects on this or ANYTHING.

God of War

Governor
This I know. I was speaking specifically to the lefty/Democrat overture to CHANGE law regarding church tax-exempt status (and juxtaposing this to their call to taxpayer-fund NPR/PBS).

Highlighting the CONSTANT absurdity of lefty Isiaiah 5’isms is critical at this point.

…not that lefty every introspects on this or ANYTHING.
I know you know. I was speaking specifically to the lefty/Democrat overture to change the law and using you to do it. ;0)

Jack4freedom

Governor

I would support taking tax exempt status from huge international cults like Scientology, Mormonism and Catholocism and funding the hell out of PBS and NPR….

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I would support taking tax exempt status from huge international cults like Scientology, Mormonism and Catholocism and funding the hell out of PBS and NPR….
…and I am sorry for that. Truly.

I’m no LDS, nor Catholic, nor Scientologist. But the OTHER side of “rendering unto Caesar what is Caesar’s” is being vigilant in keeping Caesar’s fat, greedy, constantly-encroaching…societal-whim-indulging digits out of OTHER things.

As for funding “state media” - well, we all know what fine tradition that mirrors. As someone I like and respect once wrote, “What could possibly go wrong”?

:)

Jack4freedom

Governor
…and I am sorry for that. Truly.

I’m no LDS, nor Catholic, nor Scientologist. But the OTHER side of “rendering unto Caesar what is Caesar’s” is being vigilant in keeping Caesar’s fat, greedy, constantly-encroaching…societal-whim-indulging digits out of OTHER things.

As for funding “state media” - well, we all know what fine tradition that mirrors. As someone I like and respect once wrote, “What could possibly go wrong”?

:)
The 3 outfits I named are all rich as hell, crooked as a barrel of snakes and should not receive any tax exemptions. I really happen to live PBS and have been a donor all my life. Whatever our government spends on supporting them and the arts is a pittance compared what they spen supporting war profiteers and bank swindlers.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

and abortions and medical turning boys into girls and girls into boys

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Churches that actually campaign for republicans are just peachy in your opinion? The pastor of my wife's church told the congregation that Bush was God's man in the White House and right wing preachers were standing up for Trump in both 2016 and 2020....
So what was His reply?