• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Who here can defend NPR and PBS for what they have become?

Jack4freedom

Governor
as with BLM
They make chump change compared to huge cults like Scientology….Mormonism and Catholicism. BLM owns a couple properties worth a few million. Those other outfits own billions in real estate all over the world and rack in tens of millions a day….Not even in the same league….

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
They make chump change compared to huge cults like Scientology….Mormonism and Catholicism. BLM owns a couple properties worth a few million. Those other outfits own billions in real estate all over the world and rack in tens of millions a day….Not even in the same league….
VW verses SUV
free is free even if smaller

Tom Facts

Council Member
Direct federal funding accounts for 1% of revenue for NPR. The large majority at 40%, comes from viewers like you.

So them liberals probably swipin them EBT cards. Thus changing the statistic a bit. Cause we all know them liberals ain’t got no real jobs.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
The 3 outfits I named are all rich as hell, crooked as a barrel of snakes and should not receive any tax exemptions. I really happen to live PBS and have been a donor all my life. Whatever our government spends on supporting them and the arts is a pittance compared what they spen supporting war profiteers and bank swindlers.
PBS is fine. I didn’t comment on its relative worth. I did comment on the bizarre backwardness of leftism…wherein state tax funding of media outposts is “good”, while state non-taxation of religious institutions is “bad”.

Not only does lefty get everything incorrect…he gets it exactly 180 degrees from correct. Dead opposite of what SHOULD be. :)

Jack4freedom

Governor
PBS is fine. I didn’t comment on its relative worth. I did comment on the bizarre backwardness of leftism…wherein state tax funding of media outposts is “good”, while state non-taxation of religious institutions is “bad”.

Not only does lefty get everything incorrect…he gets it exactly 180 degrees from correct. Dead opposite of what SHOULD be. :)
You believe these large crooked cults should be able to operate multi billion dollar businesses tax free. I think these huge moneymaking enterprises should be taxed.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
You believe these large crooked cults should be able to operate multi billion dollar businesses tax free. I think these huge moneymaking enterprises should be taxed.
They are what they are. How one can - at once - champion tax dollars to media and overt taxation of religious institutions I do not understand. Is the criteria now that institutions must lose money? Again, I have no particular affinity for those you named, but what do their assets have to do with state-control?
The reviling of the constitution seems to not be limited to “Trump!!!” (and his minions).

Jack4freedom

Governor
They are what they are. How one can - at once - champion tax dollars to media and overt taxation of religious institutions I do not understand. Is the criteria now that institutions must lose money? Again, I have no particular affinity for those you named, but what do their assets have to do with state-control?
The reviling of the constitution seems to not be limited to “Trump!!!” (and his minions).
I do not revile the constitution. However I would support several changes to it as first were made in The Bill Of Rights. Times have changed greatly since 1776 and in my opinion several changes are now indicated in the interest of fairness and justice. It has nothing to do with the phony left vs right paradigm that you are obsessed with for whatever reason, but has more to do with right vs wrong, equal justice under the law, etc…

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The original purpose of funding for PBS was to limit corporate influence over content.
At this point I'm not sure it is working. I watched PBS news last night and they had frequent commercial endorsements of corporate sponsors. I'm not sure if that means they have any influence over content. It does make them suspect.

I quoted a couple of valuable instances of NPR and PBS productions. I can't say that I've seen them actually lean left in news coverage. Have you?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I do not revile the constitution. However I would support several changes to it as first were made in The Bill Of Rights. Times have changed greatly since 1776 and in my opinion several changes are now indicated in the interest of fairness and justice. It has nothing to do with the phony left vs right paradigm that you are obsessed with for whatever reason, but has more to do with right vs wrong, equal justice under the law, etc…
Indeed…times NEVER changed throughout the origin of human history up until 1789 when those poor, uninspired, keystone cops known as the Founders wrote the constitution. How very sad that they were such dolts that they penned a snapshot-in-time document totally agnostic of all future developments. They were capable of recognizing no patterns in the millennia that preceded them. Surely they enshrined no principals of government limitation vis a vis private institutions…just some sloppy, faddish, contemporary, current-technology-dependent blather requiring the revelatory wisdom that only we can muster.

Hands off religion. The State doesn’t get it both ways. Either there is hardwired separation or there is not.

Colorforms

Senator
Indeed…times NEVER changed throughout the origin of human history up until 1789 when those poor, uninspired, keystone cops known as the Founders wrote the constitution. How very sad that they were such dolts that they penned a snapshot-in-time document totally agnostic of all future developments. They were capable of recognizing no patterns in the millennia that preceded them. Surely they enshrined no principals of government limitation vis a vis private institutions…just some sloppy, faddish, contemporary, current-technology-dependent blather requiring the revelatory wisdom that only we can muster.

Hands off religion. The State doesn’t get it both ways. Either there is hardwired separation or there is not.
I think leftists still have a hard time resolving what democracy really is. Democracy isn't just what you vote on at the polls, it's also what you chose to spend your time and money on. These religious organizations exist as they do because the parishioners funded them out of their own pockets and their own time. Any time that the government intercedes, as in with NPR and PBS, it is undermining democracy by forcing people who don't use NPR and PBS to pay for them because those who do use it don't vote with their dollars in high enough numbers to sustain it alone.

Jack4freedom

Governor

The fact that the constitution was written by men who only thought white land owing men should be able to vote speaks volumes regarding the changing times Rick. Your screed regarding my assertions is a bunch of snotty condescending crap as I am sure you know. At the time it was written no one could possibly have predicted crackpot religious cults which have morphed into giant international corporations like Mormonism or Scientology springing up and abusing religious freedom as a way to avoid paying taxes on their great fortunes. Throughout the course of human history and American History changes have been constantly made in the name of progress, justice and equal protection under the law.

God of War

Governor
Direct federal funding accounts for 1% of revenue for NPR. The large majority at 40%, comes from viewers like you.

So them liberals probably swipin them EBT cards. Thus changing the statistic a bit. Cause we all know them liberals ain’t got no real jobs.
ha ha ha It's a shell game. Ever hear of the CPB (provide 15% of funding)? Who funds that? Who pays for the broadcasting license? Nice bullshit you got walking, Tommy.

Don't forget the funding from the States themselves. Nor forget the State money used when public broadcasting is associated with public universities. Maybe Florida shouldn't give $15M to public broadcasting or Georgia give $13M? I am sickened by the leftist globalist-communist shit show that is public broadcasting. Take it from someone who was once and ardent listener in the late 80's to early 2000's. Now I vomit at the idea.

Colorforms

Senator
The fact that the constitution was written by men who only thought white land owing men should be able to vote speaks volumes regarding the changing times Rick. Your screed regarding my assertions is a bunch of snotty condescending crap as I am sure you know. At the time it was written no one could possibly have predicted crackpot religious cults which have morphed into giant international corporations like Mormonism or Scientology springing up and abusing religious freedom as a way to avoid paying taxes on their great fortunes. Throughout the course of human history and American History changes have been constantly made in the name of progress, justice and equal protection under the law.
I'm reasonably sure that the founders wrote the constitution after the crusades. Religion has always been big business in whatever time you're living in. At the time of the founding I believe it was the Angelicans. To claim that the founders couldn't have possibly predicted religions popping up and becoming large cash cows is a logical leap that most sane people would be hesitant to make.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Perfectly said like a communist. Are you a communist Jack?
No, I am an American who does not like the fact that cults like Mormonism and Scientology are taking advantage of tax exempt status while they are making billions in profits. That’s my opinion and I am certainly entitled to it. Are you a member of these cults?

Jack4freedom

Governor
I'm reasonably sure that the founders wrote the constitution after the crusades. Religion has always been big business in whatever time you're living in. At the time of the founding I believe it was the Angelicans. To claim that the founders couldn't have possibly predicted religions popping up and becoming large cash cows is a logical leap that most sane people would be hesitant to make.
That may be true but it took Scientology decades before they were wrongly recognized as a religion same is true with LDS. Many countries have not recognized either as religions at this time. They are whacky cults and are both making a fortune.