• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Who should be able to post about slow U.S. response to Coronavirus?

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
January 31st the China travel ban to help stop "seeds" from the coronavirus was put in place and called "racist". So obviously politicians and the media were not onboard with stopping it and still playing politics.

On February 18th the nationally televised Democratic debate had zero questions about the coronavirus or travel ban. So obviously the media and politicians were still not onboard with the threat.

We were all taken by surprise. Including most if not all of our Politicaljack posters.

Now if you posted that we should be doing more about coronavirus and you posted before January 31st then please post your link to what you said and you are free to criticize the U.S. response. Otherwise you are just pushing fake news and you should start your Coronavirus response posts with "I did not see the Coronavirus threat coming but ...."

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
And to Add. While people were babbling about Pelosi's Impeachment pens and her stupid stunt:

December 31: The Wuhan Municipal Health Commission declares, “The investigation so far has not found any obvious human-to-human transmission and no medical staff infection.” This is the opposite of the belief of the doctors working on patients in Wuhan, and two doctors were already suspected of contracting the virus.

January 5: The Wuhan Municipal Health Commission put out a statement with updated numbers of cases but repeated, “preliminary investigations have shown no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission and no medical staff infections.

January 8: Chinese medical authorities claim to have identified the virus. Those authorities claim and Western media continue to repeat, “there is no evidence that the new virus is readily spread by humans, which would make it particularly dangerous, and it has not been tied to any deaths.”

January 10: After unknowingly treating a patient with the Wuhan coronavirus, Dr. Li Wenliang started coughing and developed a fever. He was hospitalized on January 12. In the following days, Li’s condition deteriorated so badly that he was admitted to the intensive care unit and given oxygen support.

The New York Times quotes the Wuhan City Health Commission’s declaration that “there is no evidence the virus can spread among humans.” Chinese doctors continued to find transmission among family members, contradicting the official statements from the city health commission.

January 14: Wuhan city health authorities release another statement declaring, “Among the close contacts, no related cases were found.” Wuhan doctors have known this was false since early December, from the first victim and his wife, who did not visit the market.

The World Health Organization echoes China’s assessment: “Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in Wuhan, China.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I’ve been posting about this for many weeks. I still am as the Trump/federal blundering continues to this very day. If the date of peoples’ first post in this category interests you for some reason, look them up.

But holding ordinary Americans to the same intel available only to Trump early on is obviously unjustified. Trump got briefings. We did not.

We do know that the first case in the US was diagnosed on 1/20/20 - the same day the first case was diagnosed in South Korea. We know how their government jumped all over that and pretty much snuffed it out. We also know how Trump reacted...

Pretty much the polar opposite of the views of PJ libs.

We also know how Trump’s ignorance led to our current catastrophe...

Those are the facts. Pointing to posts of Trump critics just doesn’t change the facts.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
I’ve been posting about this for many weeks. I still am as the Trump/federal blundering continues to this very day. If the date of peoples’ first post in this category interests you for some reason, look them up.

But holding ordinary Americans to the same intel available only to Trump early on is obviously unjustified. Trump got briefings. We did not.

We do know that the first case in the US was diagnosed on 1/20/20 - the same day the first case was diagnosed in South Korea. We know how their government jumped all over that and pretty much snuffed it out. We also know how Trump reacted...

Those are the facts. Pointing to posts of Trump critics just doesn’t change the facts.
The president closed travel to and from China on January 31st just days after the World Health Organization said there was nothing to worry about.

Trump impeachment ended on February 5th.

The Democratic debate on February 18th did not have a question about the travel ban or coronavirus.

This tells you that your leaders Bugsy weren't even thinking about coronavirus while Trump (as bumbling and unpresidential as he is) was making unpopular travel bans.

If you weren't posting about it before Trump did anything on Jan 31st then you are still allowed to criticize the president but you need to start your criticism with the words "I didn't know it at the time but Trump should have done x, y, z".

Thank you for your understanding.

Bugsy McGurk

President
The president closed travel to and from China on January 31st just days after the World Health Organization said there was nothing to worry about.

Trump impeachment ended on February 5th.

The Democratic debate on February 18th did not have a question about the travel ban or coronavirus.

This tells you that your leaders Bugsy weren't even thinking about coronavirus while Trump (as bumbling and unpresidential as he is) was making unpopular travel bans.

If you weren't posting about it before Trump did anything on Jan 31st then you are still allowed to criticize the president but you need to start your criticism with the words "I didn't know it at the time but Trump should have done x, y, z".

Thank you for your understanding.
You declined to respond to anything I said, and instead pasted in your post from the other thread. I responded to it in the other thread.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

luckily the US was in action, via the CDC as early as Jan 6. good luck...

sigh.. i dont follow.

you figure they should have snatched the viral matter out of the air..and that would have been that?
No, I don't award points for actions that doesn't yield results. So, the CDC may have been in action on Jan 6, but their actions accomplished nothing. They were effectively spinning their wheels and standing in place.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
No, I don't award points for actions that doesn't yield results. So, the CDC may have been in action on Jan 6, but their actions accomplished nothing. They were effectively spinning their wheels and standing in place.
neither did anyone else..on earth..

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
January 31st the China travel ban to help stop "seeds" from the coronavirus was put in place and called "racist". So obviously politicians and the media were not onboard with stopping it and still playing politics.

On February 18th the nationally televised Democratic debate had zero questions about the coronavirus or travel ban. So obviously the media and politicians were still not onboard with the threat.

We were all taken by surprise. Including most if not all of our Politicaljack posters.

Now if you posted that we should be doing more about coronavirus and you posted before January 31st then please post your link to what you said and you are free to criticize the U.S. response. Otherwise you are just pushing fake news and you should start your Coronavirus response posts with "I did not see the Coronavirus threat coming but ...."
I would, but I can't access "my content."

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
The CDC sent out tests that didn't work....and had to recall them.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I would, but I can't access "my content."
why not?

just type a search phrase in the field above right, add you screen name.. and there you have it....

i can help.. would you like me to search for a specific term under your SN that you posited re this topic pre jan 31...?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
why not?

just type a search phrase in the field above right, add you screen name.. and there you have it....

i can help.. would you like me to search for a specific term under your SN that you posited re this topic pre jan 31...?
I can't access "My content." Have the techs fix that.